• Published 12th Jun 2021
  • 800 Views, 25 Comments

Sunset’s Feet Extra Stories - TheOneAJ

  • ...
7
 25
 800

TLM, Twilight On The Beach

takes places prior to the TLM half of act 5


Twilight looked from her book to the sea. She put her head down towards her book again, then back up at the water before going back to reading. Only, as much as she tried, she simply didn’t feel in the mood for reading. Which sounded crazy, so she tried again. For sure telling herself she wasn’t going to get through a single page without looking up. Upon trying to read the words, all her mind could focus on were those big teal eyes, that heavily voice, golden hair and skin that shimmered, the way that smile—

“Ugh!” Twilight slammed the book shut.

Her dog whimpered and pawed are her leg.

“It’s no use, Spike,” she sighed, laying on her back on the rock she was sitting upon. “I’m being silly, don’t you think?”

He walked up to her face and gave a concerned frown.

Twilight offered a small smile and scratched him behind his ear.

“I mean, sure,” she admitted, pulling him into a hug. “We had a rather traumatic experience. Yet, instead of having nightmares or anything sensible like that, I’m hyper focused on someone that may not even be real.” She blew on her bang. “I mean, suppose for a minute I was actually saved by someone. Why couldn’t they have stuck around? Ask for a king ransom, or at least make sure I was okay? What, did they think recusing nobility is a crime or something?”

Spike yawned and scratched his head.

Twilight rolled her eyes, but continued to pet him. All the while, she kept thinking about that girl for, some, unexplainable reasons. Not that she wanted to be friends or anything with someone so, radiant. She knew enough from experience that it was always the prettiest boys and girls who seemed the most out to use their looks for their own end if you weren’t carful or repay back any ‘favors’ as soon as you can. Surely, now one would actually like a nerd, unless she was a princess, like herself.

Twilight sat herself back up and pushed in her glasses. “You know what, Spike? I think between you and me, I know exactly why I’ve been so obsessed with her.”

Spike wagged his tail.

“Yes! It’s because somewhere out there, there’s someone who knows I owe a big favor to, and are just waiting it out thinking that will mean I owe them more, and the anticipation and guilt i haven’t paid them back is eating me up!”

Spike deadpanned.

“What?!” Twilight fumed. “You don’t honestly think it’s because I’ve fallen in love with some beautiful unknown hero who I’m obsessed with finding because I’ve fallen in love or anything and that I want to travel to the ends of the earth to find, do you!?”

She aware Spike was giving off some kind of shit-eating grin.

“Well,” Twilight’s face glew red. “If I end up traveling the world, it will purely be for a scientific expedition.”

First and foremost,’ she said to herself. Her mind starting to turn to fantasy’s of finding that girl, holding in her arms, saying she was the most beautiful—

‘I’m taking a cold bath tonight!”

Spike stared at his master, before his nose and ears seemed picked up something, or rather, someone, familiar.

“Well, come on, Spike,” Twilight sighed, standing herself up. “Should probably head back before anyone,”

Spike started to bark.

“Spike?”

With another yip, he raced off down the beach and out of sight.

“Spike!” Leaving her book behind, thinking she’d only be a minute, Twilight raced after him.


📖 ❤️ 📖 ❤️ 🦴

Author's Note:

Feel free to like and comment (will come back to grammar this one later)
And now for this weeks MerMay Shimmer artist;
https://www.deviantart.com/yin-fen/art/Mermay-day-5-878668761