• Published 12th Jun 2021
  • 793 Views, 25 Comments

Sunset’s Feet Extra Stories - TheOneAJ

  • ...
7
 25
 793

EQG, Pride and Positivity

“Okay!” Sunset cheered, fist pumped in the air, kicking the door to her apartment open. “We went through hell, and now, we enjoy victory!”

Her girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle, followed behind with a box of pizza—half cheese and half pineapple—in her arms.

“You act like we didn’t have any fun putting that play together,” she teased, shutting the door behind them.

“Not at all,” Sunset said as she turned on the radio to the middle of a Post Crush number. “But you had to admit, by non-magical inducing standards, it was a crazy couple of weeks that I can’t wait to get my mind off of.” She threw off her shows and landed on her couch.

“Which part?” Twilight asked, laughing and falling onto the couch next to Sunset. “The play itself, the Dazzlings getting themselves reformed, Adagio diva trip, us getting together, Flash and Derpy becoming a couple, coming out to everyone we were a couple, dealing with your parents, that thing with Sonata and Octavia, or simply striking the set?”

“All of the above!” Sunset laughed, staring into those beautiful violet eyes she had come to love in the past serval weeks. “But now,” she said, rubbing Twilight’s now blushing cheek with her fingers. “We finally get a chance to relax.”

“Yeah,” Twilight smiled. It was still bizarre for her to think that they were now a thing, and yet, here Sunset Shimmer was, leaning in to kiss her. Twilight leaned in herself and—

There was a crashing sound, and both girls leapt to their feet. Looking to the source of the sound, they found a broken window, a brick laying on the floor, and the sound of profound language and a car speeding up.

Sunset raced to the window, shouting at the offenders, as Twilight carefully picked up the brick.

“Mules,” Sunset huffed, before turning around to see her girlfriends face had paled. “Twilight?” she asked carful, reaching a hand out. “It’s fine, just some random jerks who—

Twilight, eyes misting up, showed her the brick, and the writing on it.

Sunset blinked. Then her face reddened in furry. “I’ll be back,” she said, in an eerily calm voice. She reached for a baseball bat, only for Twilight to reach for it first.

“No,” Twilight said plainly.

“Twilight,” Sunset said through her teeth.

“Sunset,” Twilight responded, matching her friends ferice gaze.

They stared down for serval seconds, before Sunset was the one to back down. “Fine.” She breathed. “You okay?”

Twilight slowly nodded.

Shaking her head, Sunset made to her supply closet for some wrapping paper and tape for a temporary fix to the window. “I just don’t understand it,” Sunset muttered as she tapped the window up.

“What?” Twilight crossed her arms. “That two girls or boys can’t love each other?”

“Yeah, that,” Sunset confirmed, adding the last bit of tape and stepping back down to her girlfriend.

“What?” Twilight laughed. “You don’t have this kind of problem in equestria?” Sunset straight face said everything. “Your kidding me.”

“Nope,” Sunset shrugged. “Aside from walking on two legs and my new diet, finding that I needed to laugh at jokes were the punch line is ‘they’re gay,’ was one of the hardest things for me to get use to. Nearly blew it when I couldn’t get why everyone was laughing at certain things for awhile.”

Twilight’s hand went to her head. “That’s not,” she walked over, and crashed onto the couch. “How? Equestria can’t be ‘that’ perfect.” She scrunched her face. “Guess that’s why telling your parents I was your girlfriend was the easier part of that conversation?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say ‘perfect,’ Twi.” Frowning, Sunset carefully walked over to sit down next to Twilight. “We have what might be consider, specisum.” She rubbed her chin. “I guess by having that, gender relationship prejudice wouldn’t be anyone’s concern.”

“Small comfort,” Twilight sighed.

“I know,” Sunset assured, rubbing Twilight’s back.

“No!” Twilight sniffled. “This just isn’t fair! Ugh! Why has there got to be so much hate with two people trying to be happy? I’m sorry I put you into this situation, Sunset.”

“Hey, hey, HEY!” Sunset retorted. “None of that, Sparky! I don’t regret one moment with you. Besides, it’s just a few loud people.”

“Not as much as it is the society that raised them.” Twilight sniffled.

“True,” Sunset admitted, pulling Twilight into an embrace.

“So, what do we do about it?” Twilight asked, holding Sunset back.

“For now,” Sunset answered, rubbing her girlfriends elbow, “be happy while we found love while jerks like those have great grandchildren who try to deny they were ever related.”

Twilight looked up with a curious eyebrow.

“Eh, something funny that came to mind.” She smiled and relaxed at Twilights curious gaze. “See, in history class, we’re learning about human slavery.” At twilight’s winch, Sunset asserted, “It’s fine, Twi. We ponies had it too.” At Twilight’s surprised expression, she continued. “Anyways, after hearing about how it was made illegal eventually, I happened upon some apologetics, trying to make it sound like it wasn’t ‘that’ bad a thing. Going on about how that was simply acceptable at the time. While at the same time, trying to brush around the subject that their parents were slaver owners, while they were personally homophobic themselves.”

“Okay,” Twilight nodded, adjusting her glasses. “So, you’re saying, it’s fine now, because their kids will look down and try to deny they were ever related? Small comfort.”

“I know,” Sunset said, giving Twilight a kiss. “But you know, the bigger comfort, is our friends and family who are happy for us, and the fact I have one of the hottest girls at CHS in my lap right now.”

“Oh stop it!” Twilight grinned, fighting half heartedly before submitting to Sunset’s wonderful kisses. “I love you so much.”

“I know,” Sunset smirked, tapping Twilight on the nose. “I love you two, my little Sparky.”

Author's Note:

So, hear me out with this one! Hopefully this won’t be one of those ‘to be edited Later’ comments I never come back to ^^’
Anyways, this story is for Pride and Positivity 2021, the plan here being, in case this won’t qualify as it is, and needs to be written into its own story, I come back later, make it the 1k length I need, and then submit it like that.
Also, there was a, cut, and paste issues with the original draft of this, so I’m kind of in a rush and at least have a somewhat version up in case life happens and… boy am I bad when it comes to getting stuff for themed months out at the last minutes >.>
Anyways, even if the grammar is horrible, hopefully just for now >.>, the concept is enduring enough 😊
Now onto today’s MerMay artist,
Thank you https://www.deviantart.com/fude-chan-art/art/RQ-MLP-FiM-EQG-Sunset-Shimmer-as-mermaid-879386289

*update;
It’s now it’s own story https://www.fimfiction.net/story/498142/bricks-and-pride