• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 1,190 Views, 29 Comments

The Eight-Six Duo - Fujimi200SX



Two young High Schoolers appear seemingly out of nowhere at Twilight's Crystal Castle, claiming to be from a place called Japan.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,190

Act 8: Enigma

Initial D First Stage Sound Files vol.1 - Admiration starts playing.

Itsuki ran through the halls and up and down flights of stairs, passing by several guards that yelled at him to stop, but he didn't listen. He just ran and ran and ran.

The Alicorn slammed through a set of doors and skidded onto a balcony, almost hitting the concrete railing. He just stared before sitting down and burrowing his face into his forehooves.

Kazumi... why... He thought. We were perfect. We loved each other and 86's. We were meant to be! Why did you choose him over me?

He looked up at the sunlit sky. It was the cleanest sky he had ever seen. No smog or anything was in it.

I can understand why I lost Saori. We probably wouldn't have done very well together. To be honest, I didn't really like her. I was too caught up in having an actual girlfriend that I just... didn't see it. But Kazumi... you were mine! WHY?!

Itsuki looked around and was met with a beautiful view of the city. It was so surreal that a city like this didn't have a single skyscraper, or anything modern. Not one building exceeded 75 Feet. Even the buildings back in Shibukawa exceeded that. Looking around, Itsuki felt more... calm. Safe. The view was simply breathtaking.

He wiped the tears off his face via forehoof. "Pull yourself together you idiot. You're in an amazing new world for crying out loud! It's not like I had many back home. Well, sure, my Parents and Iketani and Kenji and... whatever, but they'll be fine! And Kazumi happened four weeks ago... FOUR WEEKS!"

He sighed. "This world has much cuter girls. I know I shouldn't be crushing on something that isn't human or car, but... they look too cute!"

Getting up, Itsuki turned around. "Plus, you've got-"

He stopped as he began staring at the Electric Blue Pegasus he was about to mention, who was standing in the doorway. "...Rainbow Dash... hi..."

Rainbow began blushing. "I was just coming to make sure you weren't going far. C-Celestia told me to do it since I can easily catch up to you."

Itsuki sighed. "Sorry about freaking back there. I must've overreacted, huh?"

"No, you didn't."

Itsuki was surprised. "I didn't?" He wiped another tear off.

"No. I don't know what It's like to lose somepony you love, but I know what It's like to almost lose something you love."

"Like... what?"

"Believe it or not, I haven't always been the awesome Wonderbolt I am now. Back before I joined the Wonderbolts, right before, I always thought I'd just answer the questions and boom! I'm in. Then when Twilight began listing why I was going to fail...well..."

"You freaked out?"

"If you call bawling my eyes out and contemplating my existence as freaking out, then yeah."

Itsuki laughed. "Heh, no clue what the Wonderbolts are, but-"

Music Stops.

He stopped suddenly, his eyes widening suddenly.

"Uh... what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The Wonderbolts?" Itsuki asked back.

"Yeah. Super awesome Air Racing Team that also happens to be semi-military."

"And not a Street Racing Team consisting of a Ford Capri and a Ferrari that used to have a Corolla Hatchback as well?"

Rainbow Dash stared, unblinking. "Uh... no?" Street Racing Team? Where did he get THAT idea? She wondered.

"Are you sure?"

"Well last I checked, nopony on the Wonderbolts street races. None of them even own a Ferrari!"

"So... hold on... the Wonderbolts from this world, aren't like the Wonderbolts from my world?"

Rainbow Dash was horribly confused. "You have Wonderbolts in your world?"

"Yeah. A three-man street racing team. Their leader drivers an old Capri, their maniac uphiller drives a Ferrari 308, and their mechanic uses a Mitsubishi Delica!"

"Not one of those cars is on our team."

'Hm. Maybe the leader is from this world... actually, yeah. I wonder if people from this world were put in our world."

"I doubt that." A new voice said.

Rainbow Dash and Itsuki turned to see Cadance standing in the doorway.

"Oh. Hey Cadance." Rainbow Dash greeted.

"So you're Cadance?" Itsuki asked.

"Yep. I was gonna try and cheer you up after seeing you run by, but seems like Rainbow Dash has already done that."

Rainbow Dash blushed.

"I would have been fine!" Itsuki was now blushing. "She just... confused me to the point where I forgot about being sad."

"Confused you?" The girls asked.

"Apparently there's a team called the Wonderbolts in this world. Exactly like a team in my world."

"...odd."

"Anyways. Uh... hey Rainbow Dash, wanna grab a bite?" Itsuki asked.

"Why?" Rainbow asked back, looking at him.

"Because I'm hungry."

"Well no duh. But why not just head to the kitchen and ask for something? You're an Alicorn."

"That's a great idea!" Cadance suddenly said. "Tell them I said you could ask for whatever you wanted."

"Uh... alright then." Itsuki blushed as he walked past Cadance. Rainbow Dash did the same. I just got permission to ask for whatever food I wanted, from a PRINCESS! Itsuki thought. I don't care what people say. This new life is awesome.

Cadance watched the two disappear around a corner, smiling. "Hmm... this could be interesting." She remarked. "This feels much better than chewing out Celestia."


Luna had gotten Takumi a room. One that just so happened to be right next to hers. It wasn't crazy or personalized or anything. It was just a normal guest room you'd find in a castle. A queen-sized bed, a window, and a few other things like the table she and Takumi were sitting at.

"Well. Your father was a great person." Luna said.

"Yeah, he was. Sometimes he can really piss me off though." Takumi grimaced. "Like when he got his new car, he told all his buddies except me. He beat the crap out of me on the Akina Downhill, and I didn't even know it was him."

"Ah, so you know how terrifying it was for me when you started chasing me last night."

"The feeling of being the best racer on your mountain and being chased by someone who just won't go away, passing you like you're parked? Yeah. It's terrifying alright."

"Mm... what car did he buy?"

"The new Impreza WRX STI. GC8D."

"Uh... GC8D? New? Takumi, that generation of the Impreza ended eight years ago."

"It... did?"

"Yeah. The current generation, the GD Series, is seven years old."

Takumi blinked. "...Alright."

"So. Uh..." Luna began blushing. Should I really ask him now? She wondered.

"What?" Takumi tilted his head.

She took a breath in. "How do you drift?"

"Uh- how do I drift?"

"Yes. I know I should ask about this when we're actually on the mountain pass, at night, but now we are alone."

"Oh. Well, you make the front tires slide so that the cars not facing the inside when you turn. Otherwise, you're toast."

Luna grew confused. "That... that sounds more like understeer than oversteer."

"Technically drifting is understeer."

Initial D First Stage Sound Files vol.1 - Enigma starts playing.

Luna's eyes widened.

"Think about it. If the front tires were fully gripping in one of those flashy drifts you were doing last night, they would have pulled the rear back into line. In theory at least. In reality, inertia would carry the rear sideways and cause you to oversteer and spin out. So you countersteer just enough to control the rear from spinning out, but not enough for the front tires to fully grip."

"I... never thought of it like that." She admitted.

Images of Takumi's 86 drifting down the mountain pass flowed through the two Alicorn's minds.

"Not a lot of people do. See, my kind of drift isn't like what you do. On the downhill, when I brake, the weight naturally goes to the front of the car. It's easy to steer into the turn and flick the rear out. It's controlling how far out the rear goes. My kind of drift operates on the very limit of the front tires grip, to the point where the tread is curving."

"C-C-... Curving?"

"Yeah. Where the tread is moving with the road, but in a slightly different direction of the wheel. It's called a slip-angle drift. The inertia of the car carries it around the turn while the front tires are semi-gripping. And when I lightly press the brakes through the turn, a bit more weight goes on the front tires, but not too much. They're more efficiently pressed into the tarmac."

Luna was horrendously confused. "Would a splitter not do that same job? Of pressing the tires into the ground?"

"Yeah. Splitters, Wings, and Spoilers do a good job of providing passive downforce. But the Inertia of a car is what really matters at the end of the day. That's why lightweight cars do so well around corners, especially the Naturally Aspirated ones when exiting a corner."

"A-About that, how do you exit a corner? I can through the corner just fine, but when I exit, I cannot seem to get it right."

"Exiting a corner is pretty easy. When you accelerate, the rear tires slip naturally. You just gotta learn to control when they slip."

"So... don't be too hard on the throttle when exiting. Alright."

"When you exit you want to not have to countersteer. That way the car can spend more time in a straight line. Basically, you don't want to fishtail. You can countersteer a little on exit though. It may cost a couple tenths of a second, but as long as you're good on all other corners, you'll be fine."

"It is just a couple tenths of a second. What is so bad about that?"

"If you lose a couple tenths of a second while exiting each corner on a course like Akina- er, the Canterlot Turnpike, it adds up. The way you exited corners last night, I'd say you're losing thirteen seconds."

Luna's eyes widened. "Thirteen Seconds?!"

"Yeah. Anyways, I gotta head to the bathroom. Be out in a sec."

Music Ends.

Takumi got up and walked over to a door the room had, opening it. Inside was not a closet, but a bathroom.

"Wait, are you KIDDING ME!?" Luna angrily yelled.

"What?" Takumi asked.

"EVERY time I need to relieve myself, I must walk down an entire flight of stairs. Yet this room which is right next to mine has Its own built-in bathroom!?"

"Uh, I guess. Does your room not have one?"

"No!"

"Well, you can just knock every time and use this one then."

Luna groaned.

"Oh by the way," Takumi quickly began. "Stop using your parking brake, Luna. You'll be way slower when even thinking about touching it."

Five minutes later.

As Takumi walked out, he saw Luna looking a bit downcast with her face on the table.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Sorry." Luna lifted her head. "I was just thinking about what you said."

"Hm... ah... ACHOO!" Takumi sneezed.

"Bless you."

"Tha-... ACHOO!" Takumi sneezed again.

"Bless you again."

"ACHOO!" Takumi sneezed AGAIN!

Luna got up. "Bless you?"

"Sorry, I don't what's coming over... ah... AH-"

Luna put her right forehoof on Takumi's snoot, silencing it. Takumi stared cross-eyed at her hoof before looking up at her, blushing.

Luna giggled. "You're welcome."

"Um... thanks." Takumi couldn't help but smile a bit.

Ohhh he doesn't even know the etiquette of booping! That's adorable! Luna thought as she walked over to the door that lead out the room. "Shall I give you a tour of my room?" She asked.

"Sure."

Takumi followed Luna out the door, only for the two to be met with a guard. White Pegasus with golden armor and blue hair.

"Princess Luna! You are needed in the throne room!" He said.

"What's the issue?" Luna asked.

"Our men have intel of Changeling patrol patterns!"

"Oh! Delightful!" She sighed. "Sorry Takumi, duty calls." She motioned for the guard to leave, who promptly saluted and walked off.

Takumi sighed. "I was wondering when you'd be called back to your duties. Should I just sit in my room all day or..?"

Luna looked at him, smiling. "Actually, I was thinking you could tag along."

"Wait... tag along as in following you while you work?"

"Yes. I know you seem to despise the idea of becoming a prince, but perhaps you could learn some things about being part of Royalty. It might be fun."

"I don't see how It's gonna be fun."

"It will be, trust me. Plus we get to talk more."

Takumi looked back at the room. On one hoof, he wanted to just sit in bed all day. But on the other hoof...

"Oh what the heck." Takumi's horn lit up yellow, as did the doorknob to his room. "Why not. Lead the way."

Luna fought the temptation to squee. "Alright! Let's go."


For most of the day, Takumi sat with Luna as she dealt with Night Princessy things. None of the other princesses came to help, so it was just him and Luna in the throne room. Plus two guards. Rather confused guards actually. Who was this random teenager with a sweater, and why was he casually sitting next to Luna and chatting with her? That question flowed through the minds of anyone who walked into the room.

Meanwhile, Itsuki, Rainbow Dash, and even Scootaloo ate together. The food Itsuki was able to eat without having to pay an arm and a leg was amazing. Cadance even decided to eat with them.

Celestia, Mane Six, Starlight, and Trixie all talked about what to do with Takumi and Itsuki. All except for Apple Jack who decided to head back to Ponyville to continue Apple Bucking, and Pinkie Pie who also went back to Ponyville for one reason or another. They were in the dining room, discussing Takumi and Itsuki.

"It's just so... interesting to think about the fact that two beings from a different unknown world, are now two of the most powerful beings in Equestria," Celestia said.

"Potentially powerful." Twilight corrected.

"Yes."

"Here's a question." Rarity began. "How are ponies going to react to this? So far, nopony knows about them except for us."

"Good question Rarity." Celestia complimented. "The announcement of not just one, but TWO new Alicorns, MALE ones I might add, would be rather extreme news for Equestria, and other lands as well. Such as Ponyland. Especially to the um..." She trailed.

"Females." Trixie finished, causing Starlight to giggle.

"Yes. Females."

"Yeah. Cause with us Princesses," Twilight began. "A looot of stallions tend to try and get with us."

Celestia giggled. "Yes, they do. But now, the entire opposite sex has a chance with Alicorns."

"Hey wait a minute, what about Blueblood?" Rarity asked.

"Blueblood isn't an Alicorn."

"...oh."

Celestia sighed. "I'm just so confused. They are in no shape to become princes, though Itsuki seemed very excited at the prospect of becoming one, Takumi... I don't know about Takumi. But anyway, they aren't in shape to become princes, they are teenagers so that'll add another level of interest, It's just so confusing."

"Now here's a real question." Trixie began, making everyone look at her. She leaned forward. "And be honest. Who here is interested in them."

Red streaks appeared on Starlight's, Fluttershy's, Celestia's, and Twilight's faces.

"Ha! I knew a few ponies in this room were interested!"

"Well, what about you?" Rarity asked.

"They're nice and all, but I'm not necessarily into them. What about you?"

"Same as you, only that I'm not into them because they aren't of any decent status."

"You go off of a stallion's status in society?" Starlight asked, totally calling Rarity out.

The white unicorn blushed. "Uh..."

"Smooth Rarity. Smooth." Trixie teased. "Now what about you Starlight?"

"I think a lot of our answers are the same. They are nice, but we're not into them."

"Yes. That's exactly what it is." Celestia said. "I think those who blushed were just surprised at the question. I certainly was."

"Mmmmhm. Totally." Trixie sneered. "What about you, Fluttershy? You seem extra quiet."

Fluttershy said nothing. She just sat there with a cast on her right forehoof, blushing.

Celestia rolled her eyes. Looking at Twilight, she noticed how deep in thought the Lavender Alicorn looked.

"Is there something wrong, Twilight?" She asked.

Twilight gave no answer.

"Twilight?"

"Sorry," Twilight quickly replied. "I'm just... thinking about something."

"Care to share?"

"Well... hm..." She sighed. "Don't take this the wrong way, but It's about Takumi and Itsuki, and the fact that they're Male Alicorns."

"Oh? Do tell." Trixie sneered again.

"No, It's not like that. It's just... one of us Princesses could marry either of them."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Starlight asked.

"They're Alicorns, we're Alicorns, think about it. Before, no matter who we were to marry, we would always outlive them."

After a few seconds, it simultaneously clicked in everyone's mind.

"Eternal Marriage..." Celestia and Trixie slowly said.

"Yeah. That's what I'm thinking about. The thought of being eternally married to one person. Like... how well would that work?"

"Well..." Celestia formulated her words. Eternal Marriage hadn't been something she'd pondered in centuries. "It would be... interesting. Being married to somepony for centuries. Because the main issue is that, to put it simply, love doesn't last forever. It will come back, but there will be times when you begin to not care for, or even despise the one you love. Like with you, Twilight. We may love each other like mother and daughter now, but there will come a time where we despise each other."

"Don't say that!" Twilight defended. "I'll always love you!"

"See, you say that now, but who's to say that in three hundred years, that statement will be revoked?"

"Bu-"

"Anyways, I digress. What about you five?" Celestia looked at the other four mares, and dragon, in the room. Rarity, Fluttershy, Starlight, and Trixie. And Spike. "What are your feelings on the matter?"

There was silence as everyone looked at each other. Eternal Marriage wasn't a simple concept to think about. Spike silently got up and began heading for the door. Either nopony noticed, or they just didn't care.

"Well..." Rarity began, making Spike stop walking through the exit and looking at her. "It would highly depend on the pony. If it was a pony I had been forced to marry because of their status,-"

"Forced to marry, or married on your own accord?" Trixie asked.

"Trixie I SWEAR!" Twilight burst out, making Trixie giggle.

"If that were the case, we likely would fall out within even ten years. Maybe five. But if it was somepony I loved, I'm sure we'd do fine. Sure we'd argue every now and again like the old couple we'd end up as, but..." Rarity sighed as she lost her train of thought.

"See, the thing is," Starlight began, making Spike leave. "The longest marriage I've heard of lasted like ninety years before the husband died. I think when that happened, the wife was 105 years old while the husband died at 110. Which is pretty impressive. But anyways, marriages can last a long time, but past a century? It's bound to become stale. We'd have to ask couples that have been married for a very long time."

"We would." Trixie agreed. "See, if I was an Alicorn, and yes I have used a visual spell on myself to make me look like an Alicorn, and I look really good as one-... anyways, if I were an Alicorn, and I married a male Alicorn, I think after 150 years or so, we'd probably get tired of each other. We'd want to branch out, explore other ponies and such. Sorry to be frank, but that's how it would go. Plain and simple."

"Hm. That's how it would go." Twilight agreed. "Somepony after a long time would want to get with another pony. No matter how strong you love someone, being forced to stay with one person would be grating. And, to turn this conversation a bit more adult, one would probably want to procreate with someone else."

Fluttershy giggled. "True." She quietly said.

"So one would want to become a... slut?" Starlight regretted her choice of words. "No, I mean..." She groaned. "You know what I mean."

"Let's talk about this later. Maybe we can ask some old couples what it's like." Twilight intervened. "Now, has anyone here noticed that Takumi and Itsuki were street racing?"

"Yes! Thank you." Celestia said. "I was wondering about that. Itsuki says that they were circuit racers, but what we just saw says otherwise."

"Uhh... I gotta go to the bathroom. Be back in a few minutes." Trixie quickly got up and walked out the room.

"Maybe they were tricked?" Twilight suggested.

Starlight groaned. "Get real Twilight. They ARE street racers. They raced in their world."

Everyone looked at her.

"And exactly where did you get that?" Celestia asked.

"Itsuki literally talked about it last night. All of us girls know."

"And you didn't say anything?!" Twilight yelled.

"I didn't think it was important since it was in their world! Not ours!"

Celestia sighed. "Well then. I'll have to ask them about their shenanigans. I know Itsuki is with Cadance, Rainbow Dash, and Scootaloo, but where oh where are Takumi and Luna?"

"In Takumi's room," Twilight said.

"I asked where they were. I know they are in Takumi's new room, but where exactly is Takumi's new room?"

"Probably next to Luna's room."

"Speaking of which," Starlight began. "Please tell me I'm not the only one who's noticed how close Luna seems to be getting to Takumi?"

Everyone looked at each other. Except for Fluttershy, who stared down at the table.

"Hmm..." Everyone except Fluttershy said.


Takumi was... surprised at how Luna acted in 'Day Court'. She was professional, sometimes firm, knew what to say, and overall was just... an absolute pleasure to be sitting next to. Though, the way she spoke was odd. But if he was being honest, handling all this stuff didn't seem that hard. Sure, Luna being a thousand years old was most likely why she was so good at this, and he knew he would have a (VERY) long way to go before he earned that level of skill. To be honest, as long as he had someone to help him and give pointers, he wouldn't do bad as a 'temporary leader'. Should the need arise.

"We will pass this news to my sister," Luna said.

Both an Earth Stallion and an Earth Mare in matching suits bowed and walked towards the exit, opening one door. Before leaving, however, they both looked back at Luna and Takumi. Or more specifically, Takumi. They stared for a couple of seconds before leaving.

"Why would Celestia want to know about... whatever the heck that was, in... MANEhatten?" Takumi asked. He was sitting on the floor, next to Luna's throne, per her request. Something about respecting Celestia's throne or something.

"Sometimes she just likes that sort of stuff," Luna replied.

"Hm."

This was more or less what happened with all the ponies that came in. A few seemed to not even notice Takumi at first until they got closer and sat down, likely thinking that their field of vision was way off. As in, they thought they were seeing Celestia as a smaller version of herself, and her hair was going through a small... thing. Fun fact, somepony actually thought they were still talking to both Celestia and Luna the entire time, thinking Takumi was Celestia. You can imagine how hard it was for Luna and Takumi NOT to smile. And the embarrassment on the pony's face when they were told that they weren't talking to Celestia at all.

Of course, after a while, Takumi began to get a bit bored. He just wanted to get this day over with so he could attack the Canterlot Turnpike.

He groaned. "Why can't this day just end... I wanna just get in my 86 and drive."

"Tonight Takumi. Tonight." Luna calmly replied.

Takumi rolled his eyes. I wish the night would last forever. Then I can practice at any time.

He looked down at one of the two guards sitting on either side of the thrones. The right guard. It was a light blue female pegasus with orange eyes and Teal hair, made into a mohawk because of the way the golden armor had been set up. She was holding a phone with her wing, which Takumi had to admit was very smart, and was using a hoof to tap away on it.

Wait... is that... touchscreen? Takumi wondered.

He looked over at the other guard. Another Female Pegasus with Teal Eyes and Turquoise Hair, shaped exactly the same way as basically every other guard. She was doing the same thing.

Leaning over to Luna, he whispered a question. "What are they doing?" He pointed to the two mares.

"They are twins," Luna whispered back. "They tend to use their phones when they think me and my sister are not looking."

Takumi looked between the two. Neither had taken heed of their conversation.

"Hm."

Takumi tried to make out what the light blue mare was doing. She was just tippity tapping away at her phone. Odd considering last he checked, touchscreen stuff was rather basic and not available to the masses. She swiped every now and again. It almost looked like she was looking at car parts.

Suddenly, a thought Inertia Drifted into his mind. "Why are they the only ones?" He whispered.

"Pardon?" Luna whispered back.

"I've seen at least a hundred guards now. Every single one of them has been some white guy with blue hair. Maybe a small variation in color. What's with these two girls?"

Once again, the mares didn't pay any mind to the conversation.

"Well, we usually have stallions, but lately whatever Stallions that happen to be rotated in act a bit... 'unprofessional' towards me and my sister. It was impeding both the court and us. So my sister decided to employ these two. They were super excited to become the first mares in the Royal Guard in however long, and they were ecstatic when my sister personally assigned them to this position until further notice. Oh, and they've only been guards for a week now."

"Hm. So they're the only mares in the guard?"

"Mhm. Don't ask me why, ask my sister."

"Mm."

One more noble came, one more noble went. Takumi yawned. Seriously, why are these two the only girls in the guard? He wondered. Either there's an actual reason, or there's some serious Sexism going on here.

Silently, Takumi got up and walked down next to the light blue mare, silently stopping next to her and sitting down. At first, he was going to ask what she was doing, but when she didn't notice in the slightest that he was there, he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

He looked back at Luna slack-jawed, pointing at the mare. Luna bit her lower lip before pointing at him and pretending to zip her mouth shut. Takumi smiled and looked back at the mare.

Alright then. If she's too deaf to notice someone sitting down next to her, let's see how long it takes.

And with that, he began counting.

As he counted, he looked at her phone. It wasn't like anything he'd seen before. At least not with his own eyes. It was compact, touchscreen, and looked really simple and easy to use. But to be honest, he'd prefer being able to flip a phone up then to simply click a button to turn it on. That's what it seemed like, anyway.

Oh, and he was right. She was looking up car parts. On a PHONE! Weren't Computers supposed to be able to do that? Well, sure, phones could look things up to a certain extent, but still!

She clicked a white bar up top with her hoof, just barely pressing the screen to actually click it, and typed something.

4G52 Supercharger

Within seconds of her hitting 'enter' on a digital keyboard that had appeared on the screen, a page loaded. Takumi was astonished.

After a couple seconds of scrolling, the pegasus let out an annoyed sigh before pressing the search bar and typing another thing in, whispering as she did so.

"Second Generation Mitsubishi Galant GTO Hardtop 4G52 I4 Supercharger" She whispered.

After the page loaded at what should've been an impossibly fast rate for a phone, she smiled.

"There..." She whispered as she loaded into a site.

She looked at a couple parts and grimaced a little at the prices listed. Things like 800 bits for a Paxton 'Roots' 4G52 Supercharger. After a few seconds, her eyes glanced at Takumi for a split second before looking back at the phone. Her eyes widened.

"Ah!" The pegasus yelped as she looked at Takumi, jumping a little. Takumi just stood there staring, causing her to relax after a few seconds. "Uh... hi?"

"I've been sitting here for five minutes and thirty four seconds," Takumi replied, smirking.

"You... have?"

"Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't notice till now."

She looked up at Luna, who stood there holding in a laugh. She blushed and looked back at Takumi. "Well, what do you want?"

"I was bored and decided to see what you were doing." Takumi plainly replied.

"Oh. Well... uh... I'm looking up replacement parts."

"Replacement parts? A... Supercharger?"

"Yes. A, uh-" Her eyes widened as she looked Takumi up and down. "Y-Y-... You're an Alicorn."

"Mhm."

"A Stallion as well..."

"Yeah." Takumi sighed. "I need a drink."

"Uh- I can get you one if you want!" The pegasus was blushing a lot more all of a sudden.

"That will not be necessary, Mistral Dream," Luna said as a glass of water appeared out of thin air.

"Oh. Thanks." Takumi grabbed it with his magic and took a nice long sip. "Ahh. Anyways, I'll be up here." He walked back up the steps and sat next to Luna again, continuing to drink water.

"My my, you are one thirsty teenager." Luna jested.

"I want to stay hydrated. Shush." Takumi said before taking another sip.

A minute later, after dealing with another pony, Takumi couldn't help but wonder.

"Where the heck is Celestia?"

"Probably talking with Cadance and Twilight about you and Itsuki. I'm fine with it. Allows me to do something else for a bit while I wait for the changing between day and night."

"Mm."

He looked at the two guards again, and noticed them looking at each other. They simultaneously sighed and walked to the center of the room, sitting and staring at him and Luna.

"Luna, can we ask something?" The purple mare asked.

"Of course, Sapphire Dream. What it is?" Luna courteously asked back.

"If you don't mind us asking, uh..." 'Sapphire' trailed off.

"Who is he?" Mistral Dream pointed at Takumi.

"He is an... apprentice of mine," Luna replied.

"He's an Alicorn," Sapphire said.

"That he is. A male one. I am quite surprised not many have commented on that."

"What's his... name?" Mistral asked, blushing a little.

"Fujiwa- Takumi Fujiwara." Takumi said. I really gotta work on saying my first name first.

"Takumi... Fujiwara?" Mistral was visibly confused. "How unique."

"Yes, it is a very unique name." Luna agreed.

"When did we get a male Alicorn?" Sapphire asked. She was also blushing.

"Yesterday. Two male Alicorns actually. His friend, Itsuki Takeuchi, is basically Takumi here except he has a red coat."

"TWO!?" The mare's yelled in surprise.

"Mhm. I would prefer it if you two were to keep this very quiet. While I m sure that by now there are rumors going around of an unknown white Alicorn walking around with me, I want to keep it as quiet to the public as we can."

The guards looked at each other, wide-eyed, before looking back at Luna. "You have our word." They said in unison, saluting before getting back into their respective positions.

Luna nodded before sighing. "So. Takumi, what do you think so far?"

"Of this court stuff? Eh, I guess It's nice. Seems easy to get the hang of."

"General Day Court is easy. The hard bit to get used to is knowing how to manage things such as the economy. Not to mention you have to a run a city."

"Seemed that way. I think I would do fine if I was put in this situation. Get me an advisor and I'm golden."

"Mm. You definitely seem like the adaptive type."

Takumi chuckled and looked away. "I get that a lot..."

Initial D Second Stage Sound Files - Wavering starts playing.

Luna looked forward as yet another noble came in. After they exchanged greetings and the noble began speaking of problems, the words faded out and her vision was enveloped by darkness, only to be replaced by the interior of her Mazda Cosmo.

It was black, and unlike the standard Cosmo, was designed for spirited use rather than a luxury. Gone was the wraparound Digidash that had been a highly luxurious option when they first came out, now the interior resembled that of a Mazda RX-7 FD3S. The gauges even lit up bright blue when the exterior lights were on.

She saw the mountain pass around her fly by as her hooves turned the steering wheel, shifting gears and braking into a left corner. She saw a hoof reach down and pull the parking brake lever in the center console up and down to kick the Cosmo sideways.

We must not use the parking brake. She thought. Takumi said it will slow us down. Our best bet to initiate a drift is to turn the car in the opposite direction of the curve before rocking it sideways into it.

She thought about something else, and her vision turned from the interior of her car to a sky view shot of Takumi drifting his AE86 downhill. It entered a right corner without going to the left in the slightest, easily initiating a drift.

But how is Takumi doing it? She wondered. He is not initiating a drift like that at all!

Takumi's words from earlier echoed through her mind.

On the downhill, when I brake, the weight naturally goes to the front of the car. It's easy to steer into the turn and flick the rear out.

The weight of the car, She began thinking. Shifts off the rear and into the front, pressing the front tires into the ground and lifting the rear off the ground. It becomes easier to steer the rear out without having to waste time swerving left or right to let inertia do Its job... a Braking Drift. Hmm... I'll have to ask Takumi to show me how one efficiently performs such a technique.

"And that's why I think Seaddle should open it." The noble stallion finished, snapping Luna back into reality.

"Oh! Um, yes. Thank you. We shall take it into consideration." She quickly replied.

The noble nodded before walking out of the room, but not before giving Takumi a quick glance. She looked over at Takumi. He was just staring ahead, bored as usual and likely off in his own little world.

I wonder if he is always experiencing what I just experienced. A visualization of what you do when you drive. Perhaps that is his little world. Nothing else. Just him, his car, and the road.

She looked back forward, sighing. What she didn't notice right after was Takumi glancing over at her.

She was definitely distracted through that whole thing. Damn, were my words from earlier really that impactful for her? It's not like I was giving some heartfelt speech. I was just saying what I knew. What the heck's so meaningful about that?

Author's Note:

So, fun fact; In terms of this universe's present time, we are still on day TWO!