• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 1,189 Views, 29 Comments

The Eight-Six Duo - Fujimi200SX



Two young High Schoolers appear seemingly out of nowhere at Twilight's Crystal Castle, claiming to be from a place called Japan.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,189

Act 1: The Duo Appears

EEEEEEEEEE!

Tires squealed as four cars tore around a corner on a dimly lit mountain road.

In the front, two 1980s Japanese Liftbacks. One White with a Carbon Fiber Hood and Retractable Headlights, the other Red with a Carbon Fiber Hood and Fixed Headlights.

Behind the Hatchbacks was a Black 1990s Japanese Sports Car. A midnight blue flame erupting from the body panels as it tailed the two hatchbacks. Behind the sports car was a classic dark purple Italian Supercar, nipping at the car's rear bumper.

The four cars approached a hairpin turn. Both liftbacks braked and began drifting through the inside while the car went into the hairpin at speed, straight for the White liftback.

BANG!

"Ah!"

A white unicorn with black hair sat up straight in his bucket seat, instantly checking the rearview mirrors of the car. All his dark emerald-green eyes saw was a red car parked behind him.

The unicorn slumped back in his seat. "Damn... that battle was intense... wait..." He held up a hoof, staring at it intently. He looked around through the windows, seeing that he was at the bottom of a large mountain, with vast rolling fields stretching out.

"This dream? Again?" he asked.

His horn lit up with an emerald light. He magically grasped the keys already in the ignition and turned them enough to just turn the battery and electronics on. His eyes fell on the dashboard's digital clock.

7:57AM

"Huh. Weird. Normally It's around midnight whenever I'm in this dream."

He looked in the rearview at the car parked behind him, noting the red Unicorn with Black Hair slumped over the steering wheel.

He sighed. "Well, might as well talk to Itsuki about last night's battle."

Grasping the door handle with his magic and using his hooves to push the right door open. He got out and immediately began stretching his hooves and neck. He then unfurled a pair of wings and stretched those out, remaining silent as he did so.

He glanced at his car with a small frown. The car was a white and black JDM-Spec 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno Three Door Liftback. One equipped with a black Carbon Fiber Hood along with Gunmetal Grey RS Watanabe Eight Spoke Rims. On the right door was a set of Japanese Kanji.

The car, to most people, was nothing special. It was a small 1980s Japanese Hatchback built to be an Econobox you can have a bunch of fun in due to it's lightweight body and Rear-Wheel-Drive-ness. It had Pop-Up Headlights, headlights that would emerge from the bodywork when turned on, that were also made of Carbon Fiber.

The pony looked at the car parked behind him. A very similar JDM Toyota, but instead of a white and black Trueno, it was a Red and Black Levin. There wasn't much difference other than the Fixed Headlights in front instead of the Pop-Up Headlights. It was similarly modified to the Trueno, only differing in the Rims and rear Tailgate Ducktail Spoiler.

The winged unicorn walked over to the car and knocked on the window. The red and black unicorn inside barely stirred. The winged unicorn grasped the door handle with his magic and pulled on it, opening it.

"Itsuki, you would leave it unlocked," the winged unicorn mumbled. "Itsuki, get up."

The red unicorn, Itsuki, grumbled.

The winged unicorn's eyes slightly widened as he noticed a pair of red wings at Itsuki's sides.

"Dude."

"Mm... huh? What?" Itsuki slowly sat upright, looking at the winged unicorn with brown eyes. "Oh." He yawned. "Hey, Takumi."

"Hey. Look at your sides."

"Huh? Why? What about them-" Itsuki looked at the side of his barrel, eyes widening when he saw the wings. "Woah!"

The winged unicorn, Takumi, stepped back as his friend scrambled out of the Levin.

"Check me OUT!" Itsuki yelped as he looked at his wings, flexing them a little. "Oh this feels weird, you know, moving these. But look! Now I have wings AND a horn! Like you!"

"Mm. I'm happy for you."

"Yeah, now you can stop gloating about the fact that you've ALWAYS had a horn and wings during these dreams while I only had the horn!"

"I never gloated."

"Well... still. Point is, I have wings! I'm a winged unicorn! Er, horned... pegasus? Pegacorn?"

Takumi said nothing.

Itsuki looked around. "Wait, why is it morning? Normally it's night."

"I dunno."

"Hm. Well, mind showing me how to work these wings?"

Takumi sighed. "I honestly just wanted to talk about the battle last night. With Nightmare Moon and Heartbreaker?"

"Oh yeah. That." Itsuki sighed as the memories came back. "Yeah. That was insane, wasn't it?"

"Mm. Wasn't exactly the hardest battle I've had, not by a long shot, but still."

'It was the hardest battle I had! Dude, do have any idea how terrifying it was to be PUSHED by Nightmare Moon? Almost off the freaking MOUNTAIN?"

"A bit, yeah."

"Yeah, thank god that Mazda Cosmo came and saved my butt."

"Right, right..." Takumi walked back to his Sprinter Trueno, looking around.

"What's wrong?" Itsuki asked.

"It's just... something doesn't feel right. About us being here."

Itsuki looked at the road they were parked next to. A typical two-lane road with yellow lines in the middle. "Doesn't seem too off to me. Other than the fact that we're in a different place than usual."

"I mean... this feels... different. It doesn't feel like an actual dream."

"Every time we've dreamt of being ponies, it's always felt real."

"But this just... hm..."

"Dude, come on. We'll be up as our normal selves back in Japan soon enough. Your dad is probably gonna wake you up soon and drag you back to your house so you can run your deliveries."

Takumi sighed. "Maybe. But... I dunno. I guess we can wait."

So, they waited.

And waited.

Takumi decided to teach Itsuki a bit of very basic magic.

Two hours later, Takumi's paranoia was unbearably high.

"Itsuki, I don't think this is a dream."

"What makes you say that?" Itsuki asked as he used his magic to, rather poorly, throw a rock.

"Because we should've woken up by now. We parked right on the side of the road, right where my dad would've seen us."

"What, you think we're stuck in this world or something? Get real."

Takumi's eyes focused on a castle far in the distance. More than a dozen miles at least. It wasn't the average castle. It looked like a tree more than anything. A crystal castle perched on top of a crystal tree.

Takumi remained neutral. "Itsuki, I'm being serious. This might not be a dream anymore."


October 16th, 10:47 AM. Twilight's Crystal Castle.

It was an Overcasted morning in Ponyville with the clouds obscuring much of the sky. It was the perfect day for relaxing inside with the windows open.

That's exactly what Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon were doing in Twilight's Castle. Just sitting in Starlight's room on the bed, chatting. Twilight was out at Canterlot, Spike was... well, somewhere in the castle, so it was just them.

"So what do you think, Las Pegasus or Seaddle?" Trixie asked.

"Well, I can't really say. I've never been to either city." Starlight replied. "I guess It just boils down to what kind of Architecture you want to see more."

Trixie sighed. "I know, It's just that I want to get out and see places that aren't these small towns. No offense to Ponyville, but it just gets a little boring sometimes."

"True."

vrrOOOoommmm

The sound of an engine was heard outside along with the light scrch of dirt. Starlight grew confused.

"Is that Twilight?" Starlight asked.

Trixie scoffed. "How does an Inline 4 sound ANYTHING like a Flat Plane V8?"

"... I don't know. The window made it sound weird." Starlight got off the bed and walked over to the window, parting the curtains and looking out front. Trixie did the same.

Outside in the dirt lot were two cars. They were a little small, boxy, and had long sloping rear roofs. Liftbacks. They each wore a similar paintjob, one black and white with the other black and red, and looked pretty good next to each other. The white car had a wedge-like front end with retractable headlights, while the red one had a less sloped front with fixed headlights. Both also had black Carbon Fiber hoods.

"Oh look, some old Corolla's," Trixie said. "I already like their taste."

Starlight walked towards the door and opened it, walking out into the hallway. "I wonder what the drivers want."

"Oh probably just looking to talk to some royalty about solving a little kerfuffle," Trixie said as she followed Starlight down a hall towards the front door.

Starlight giggled. "Kerfuffle. That's a new one."

The two made their way to the front door and opened it, looking at the two AE86's. There were now two ponies in front of each. Both of them Pegasi. The one in front of the Corolla with Retractable Headlights had a crystal white coat and black hair and was wearing what seemed like a white sweater. The in front of the Corolla with fixed headlights had a red coat and black hair. They both looked quite good next to their cars. They matched.

"They must be brothers or something," Starlight assumed as she and Trixie walked towards the two Pegasi, who didn't seem to notice them.

"-so we're just supposed to walk in there and say 'Hey! We're not from here! Mind helping us?' to some forms of royalty we don't even know?" the red Pegasus asked the white one with a male voice. He sounded a little young.

"Well, what else are we supposed to do?" The white one calmly asked, also male. "Just wait around, probably starve? No. We're going to ask whoever lives here where we are, and how we're supposed to get back."

The red Pegasus groaned in response.

"Can we help you?" Starlight asked once she and Starlight were about six feet away, making the two Pegasi look at her and Trixie. They just sort of... stared. The red one backed up next to the white one, still staring.

"Is something wrong?" Trixie asked, growing a little uncomfortable.

"Sorry! We don't mean to stare," the white one quickly replied. "It's just that we're not really from here."

"Oh. Well if you want to know where you are, you're in Ponyville," Starlight replied.

The white Pegasus blinked. It had dark emerald green eyes. "Ponyville?" he asked, tilting his head."

"Yeah. Have you never heard of it?"

"No. I just, what kind of a name is Ponyville?"

"Don't ask me, ask the founders. Anyways, where are you two from?"

"Um..." The white Pegasus looked at the red one, who just stared back at him. He had brown eyes. The white one looked back. "Would you believe me... If I said that we're not supposed to be uh ponies?" he asked.

Starlight and Trixie grew confused. "What do you mean?" Starlight asked back.

"Well... I don't know if you know, but have you ever heard of... creatures called humans?"

Starlight blinked twice. "Uh... yes? Why?" Having been to the human world herself, Starlight knew all about them.

The pony sighed. "Long story short, we're not from here, and we're not supposed to be ponies. We are from a place called Japan. Last night we battled two beings, I assume ponies, on a mountain called Mount Akina. We won, but passed out, and woke up this morning in our cars on the side of the road. We just drove here and well, here we are."

Starlight was totally confused. "Uh-... I don't know what to say."

"Well, let's start with this. Do you know where we can find someone who can help us? And also who are you two? I'd rather get the formalities out of the way first."

"Oh. Well, I'm Starlight, and this is my friend Trixie."

"Hi," Trixie greeted.

"And no, I don't really know anypony who can help since, well, I don't know many details, but uh... we do know the princesses."

"Ok, what about kings or queens?" the white one asked. "I'd rather talk to them. Just to... you know. Find out how to get the heck back to my world."

"Those are the highest forms of royalty around here. Well, technically the term King and Queen are higher, but the Princesses refer to themselves as such as to not act like they own ponies." Starlight explained. She suddenly noticed some strange markings on the right side of the Panda Trueno, the name of the White Corolla's trim level. They were some language of sorts, but she couldn't recognize what the symbols said. "Hey, uh, what do those mean?" She asked. "On the side of your Trueno?"

The white Pegasus looked at the Trueno. "Oh, that? That's the name of my father's shop. Fujiwara Tofu Shop. The end says Private Use in parenthesis."

"Oh... why do you have it with those symbols?"

"Because It's the Japanese Language. The language I SHOULD be speaking right now, but somehow I know the English language so, here we are."

Starlight blinked. "Who... what are your names?"

"Takumi. Fujiwara Takumi. This is my friend, Takeuchi Itsuki."

"Hi..." the red Pegasus said nervously.

"Takeuchi?" Starlight asked.

"No, Itsuki," Itsuki replied.

"Those are... unique," Trixie admitted. "Trixie has never heard anything like them before, but they do sound neat."

"And I've never heard the names Starlight or Trixie before," Takumi said. "Actually, maybe I heard the name Trixie somewhere, but not for a pony or human. Now could we please talk to those princesses you were just talking about? We don't know what else to do."

"Oh! Uh, right! You can follow us inside. There aren't any princesses here at the moment, most of them are at Canterlot, but we can send them a message." Starlight turned around and motioned for everyone to follow her.

"Alright. Well, Itsuki, let's turn our cars off." Takumi opened the right door of the Trueno and reached in, biting down on the keys and twisting his head to turn the Trueno off. He leaned back out and shut the door. "Nobody is gonna steal these, right?"

"Nope. Nopony would dare steal cars from right in front of Twilight's castle." Starlight replied as Itsuki turned what she assumed was his Levin off. 'Levin' being the name of the Red Corolla's trim.

"Who's Twilight?" Itsuki asked as he shut the Levin's door. He began to walk next to Takumi.

"Just one of the princesses," Starlight replied as the four began walking towards the front door of the castle.

"Oh. Mind telling us the others?"

"Why not," Starlight said as the four walked through the front door, letting it shut behind them. "There's Twilight, Princess of Friendship. Cadance, Princess of Love. Luna, Princess of the Night. and Celestia, Princess of the Day. They're all Alicorns."

"Oh. Neat I guess. So you don't have any Kings or Queens? You don't have Princes?"

"We have Prince's. Just not Alicorn ones. And no, we don't have Kings or Queens. We have had them, but they were always power-hungry morons who didn't know any better."

Trixie snickered.

"What... what's an Alicorn?" Takumi asked as he looked around the hall.

"A pony with both the Wings of a Pegasus and a horn of a Unicorn. You could also call them Winged Unicorns and Horned Pegasi."

Starlight used her magic to open a set of double doors, and they walked into the map room.

"Whoa..." Itsuki mumbled as he took in the room.

"So is that what we are?" Takumi asked suddenly, making Starlight stop and turn around.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, me and Itsuki have both the wings of Pegasi and horns of Unicorns. They appeared on Itsuki after we battled the two cars and changed into ponies. I'm still trying to figure out why since Itsuki was a Unicorn originally. I've always been an... Alicorn. I guess."

Starlight and Trixie were confused, and the two looked at the Stallions. They both suddenly noticed that they did have Wings and Horns. They were Alicorns!

"You-... you're both Alicorns!" Starlight yelled in surprise, making the two wince.

"You make it sound like a massive deal," Takumi said.

"Because it IS a massive deal! And your both Stallions! How is this possible?!"

"Do you mind not yelling?" Itsuki asked. "I have a bit of a headache."

"Sorry." Starlight apologized. "But how the hay are you two Alicorns?"

"I don't know," Takumi replied. "We don't even know why we're ponies. It started with dreams, but now It seems like we're here for real. And we have no idea how to get back."

"Dreams?" Starlight was more confused than ever.

"Yeah."

"Well-... alright. I'd rather not have you tell what is probably a long story more than twice, so let's just sit down, and message the princesses."

"How?" Itsuki asked.

"There is a certain little dragon I know that could reach Twilight or Celestia instantly with a message, so uh... let me go get him."

Starlight jumped off her chair and walked back through the double doors, leaving Takumi, Itsuki, and Trixie with each other.

"So..." Trixie trailed off for a second as she thought about her words. "What exactly did you battle Nightmare Moon on this mountain called... Mount Akina, was it?"

"Yeah," Takumi answered. "Mount Akina. And the beings we battled were... one of them was named Nightmare Moon. She was in an R33 Skyline GT-R. The other was... Itsuki, what was the other one?"

"I think it was... something... breaker or something like that," Itsuki replied.

"Heartbreaker. That's the name. She was in a Lamborghini Miura Jota. Dark purple. For a car It's age, it really wasn't that bad," Takumi explained.

"Heartbreaker?" Trixie asked.

"Yeah. Heartbreaker and Nightmare Moon are the two... things we fought. Both were just... ugh."

"What do you mean?"

"The bastards tapped into our brains and tried to fill us with doubt. Make us crash," Itsuki said. "But luckily me and Takumi here pushed through and CRUSHED them! Made the Skyline crash with the help of a Mazda Cosmo!"

The double doors leading into the room opened, and through them walked Starlight and a little purple dragon holding a paper and quill.

"Hey, we're back," Starlight greeted.

Itsuki turned around to see Starlight but was horrified at the sight of a dragon.

"AH! DRAGON!" Itsuki yelled, jumping off the seat and onto the map table.

Takumi's eyes widened a bit as he looked behind, seeing the same dragon that now seemed very confused.

"Uh... Starlight? Who is that?" Takumi asked.

"This is Spike?" Starlight and 'Spike' looked at each other, then back.

"I don't know why you two are scared of me. I may be a dragon but It's not like I could hurt you that much," Spike said, hopping onto a little seat next to a bigger seat.

"I wasn't scared. Just surprised," Takumi clarified.

"So... your not gonna hurt us?" Itsuki asked.

"No? Why would I do that?"

"I... don't know." Itsuki looked down before slowly getting off the table and back into the seat next to Takumi.

"So you two are seriously Alicorns?" Spike asked.

Takumi unfurled his wings and glanced at his horn. "I guess so."

Spike's eyes widened in surprise. "Dang. Well, in that case, I guess I'll send a message."

"Why do you sound so disinterested?" Starlight asked.

"I just don't know what to say," Spike replied plainly as he wrote on the paper.

"Oh."

Trixie stared at the table, thinking about stuff. Starlight noticed this. "You ok Trixie?"

"Sorry, I just can't believe that we are standing-, no, sitting in the presence of the two male Alicorns is all," she explained.

"We are-" Itsuki began before groaning. "Ok. How fricken important are Alicorns?" He asked.

Trixie looked at him. "To put it simply, here in Equestria, Alicorns are considered royalty since they are the most powerful beings in the world. Well, maybe not the MOST powerful, but they are much more powerful than any Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony, and a whole bunch of other beings."

"Define 'powerful'," Itsuki demanded.

"Magic. They can harness much more magic than any of the three main equines. Without the help of artifacts and... amulets." Trixie shuddered a little when she said the word 'Amulet'. Takumi was quick to notice.

"What's wrong with amulets?" Takumi asked.

Trixie sighed. "A few years ago, I foolishly bought up an Alicorn Amulet. Something that gives the wearer great power, with the side effect of becoming rather evil. And before you ask, no. I didn't become an Alicorn."

"And how did that go?"

"Long story short, I trapped this whole town under a glass dome and enslaved the ponies to do my bidding." She shrunk back into her chair.

Itsuki winced. "Wow. That's pretty horrible."

"Itsuki!" Takumi snapped.

"Don't worry, It's fine." Trixie quickly assured. "I regret what I did, but at the end of the day, It was the Amulet that made me evil. All I wanted to do was be more powerful than Twilight, and it backfired."

"Well, a few years is a long time to come to terms with things," Takumi said.

"It is."

"There!" Spike piped suddenly, putting all eyes on him.

"There what?" Itsuki asked.

"I'm done writing this message," Spike replied, manipulating it into a scroll.

"Oh. Alright. What does it say?" Itsuki asked again...

...just as Spike blew on it, disintegrating it. Starlight grew annoyed.

"Spike!" she exclaimed, making Spike wince.

"What?" he asked.

"You're not gonna read it out to us?!"

Spike looked at where the scroll just was. "Oh... oops." He shrugged and put his claws up with a very forced smile. Starlight and Trixie groaned.

"Uh, question? What did he do?" Itsuki asked.

"He disintegrated it," Takumi deadpanned.

"No, he didn't." Starlight looked at them. "That's his way of sending messages to either Celestia or Twilight. Mostly Celestia."

"Well, I sent that one to Twilight," Spike clarified.

"Greeaat..." Starlight looked down,

There was a moment of awkward silence. Nobody really knew what to say. At least, nobody except Itsuki knew what to say.

"So uh... are you guys able to do magic?" he asked.

"Yeah," Starlight replied. "We are. Why?"

"Mind showing us how?"

"You don't know how?"

"I've only been a unicorn for a week and a half. Takumi here... I dunno. I guess he's had a horn for a little more than that."

Takumi facehoofed. "I JUST showed you a bit of magic..." he mumbled.

Wait wait wait, exactly how long have you two been here?" Trixie asked.

"As ponies? Since we woke up at eight. We passed out after the battle," Takumi explained. "But we've been having dreams of being ponies, so we're used to it. I even know how to fly and perform... magic."

"And I don't know how to fly because I was a Unicorn before being turned into an... Alicorn," Itsuki loudly mumbled, sounding annoyed.

"Oh. So, random question, but if you two have one, been here for a couple of hours, where did you get those cars? You didn't steal them, did you?" Trixie asked.

"No! Of course not," Takumi quickly replied. "We battled Nightmare Moon and Heartbreaker with them, passed out after the battle, and woke up in them. Then we kind of just got on a highway, stopped at a gas station to refuel, then noticed this castle and, well, here we are."

"Wait..." Spike grew confused. "You battled Nightmare Moon and whoever the heck Heartbreaker is... with cars?"

"Yeah," was Takumi's answer. "We battled them on the downhill."

Now Starlight and Trixie were confused.

"Now-... Hold on," Starlight began. "I don't think we're following. What do you mean by battle? Because I feel like we have different definitions."

"We raced them. Duh," Itsuki said. "What else would we mean?"

Takumi sighed and facehoofed. "For street racers, we call races 'battles'. I think It's because It's a 'battle' between two racer's pride and reputation. And also for the fastest time on the course."

"Yep," Itsuki agreed.

"Oh. Huh. Neat. Wait... you raced Nightmare Moon and Heartbreaker... were they in cars?" Trixie asked.

"Yeah." Takumi leaned forward a little. "Nightmare Moon was in a Nissan R33 Skyline that was as black as the night sky, and it had blue mist coming off it. Heartbreaker was in the purple Miura P400 Jota. This old supercar from the sixties."

"Didn't know Nightmare Moon was such a car gal," Spike mumbled as he read a car magazine. "An R33 Skyline is a pretty quick machine."

Takumi looked at the back of the magazine and saw a car he had never seen before.

"Hey Spike, can I see that magazine?" Takumi asked, hopping off his chair and trotting over to Spike.

"Sure. What do you wanna look at?" Spike asked, laying the magazine flat on the map table.

Takumi leaned over the magazine. "Could I see the cover?" He asked.

"Sure," Spike said, closing the magazine to the cover. Takumi's eyes widened slightly as he saw the cover car. It was big, sleek, not to mention it looked pretty fast.

"Woah. That's... actually kind of nice. What is it?"

"It's an R35 Skyline. Duh," Spike clarified as the two stared at the cover car. A bright orange Nissan R35 GTR.

"A what?" Itsuki asked.

Spike flipped to the front page, showing a spreadsheet of a Nissan R35 GT-R. "It's the new R35 Skyline that came out last year. It's meant to be a successor to the R34 Skyline. I've been wanting one since I first saw it, but I don't have my license yet. And it sucks."

"Oh, I know that feeling," Itsuki said. "In the last year before I turned 18, I couldn't WAIT to get my license. I kept wanting to get it right then and there, but I was forced to not get one till 18."

"I know right? It sucks. I'll get my permit when I turn 16, and my full license at 17."

"You get a FULL license at 17? Lucky!"

"It still sucks. But hey, at least I've got go-karts I can use on my indoor soundproofed racetrack. It's great."

"Indoor racetrack!? Where?!" Itsuki asked, getting up.

"Oh, you wanna see? Come on!" Spike jumped out of his seat and began running past the table before he was suddenly engulfed in a light purple glow.

"Oh no you don't!" Starlight exclaimed, lifting him up. "You two are gonna wait right here," she said as she put him right back in his seat.

"Oh come on!" both Spike and Itsuki complained in unison.

"I want to check out the racetrack!" Itsuki exclaimed.

"You can once we get a reply from Twilight."

They both groaned as Takumi began walking towards the double doors.

"Where are you going?" Starlight asked.

"I think I'm gonna check the place out," Takumi replied nonchalantly, pushing the left door open. "Just yell when Twilight or whatever messages back."

"Wait!" Starlight jumped out of her seat and began running to the doors just as Takumi let the left one close behind him. "Hold on! I don't want you to-" Starlight had opened the same door during that sentence and stopped when she suddenly came face-to-face with Takumi, who had an annoyed look on his face. Wrapped around his horn was a scroll that was sagging since only the bottom half was supported by the horn.

"I think she messaged us," Takumi stated with an annoyed tone.

"Oh, ha," Starlight giggled as she levitated the scroll off his head. They walked back into the room.

"What the-? how did that happen?" Spike asked.

"I don't know," Takumi said as he and Starlight sat back where they had been sitting.

"Anyways, I'll read it," Starlight said as she opened the message and hovered it in front of her. She cleared her throat.

Dear Spike,

That is rather interesting, but since you pulled this trick the last time I was in Canterlot and made me, Celestia and Luna come all the way down there, thinking there really was a male Alicorn, when you were really just trying to be funny, (P.S; You weren't. You caused a heap of confusion and delay) I have serious doubts. Especially since you say there are two. If you're being serious, which you're not, send them up here. I'm not going back down there for four days.

- Twilight

Starlight shot Spike a dirty look, who sheepishly sagged into his chair.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Trixie mumbled, putting her hoof to her face.

"That's it, I'm writing her a letter," Starlight stated as a piece of paper appeared in front of her. She picked up the quill that Spike had used with her magic and began saying what she was writing.

"Dear Twilight, it's Starlight. Spike is being serious. Their names are Takumi Fujiwara and Itsuki..." She trailed off and looked at Itsuki.

"Takeuchi. T A K E U C H I," Itsuki replied.

"Takeuchi., Starlight continued. "They showed up in two old Toyota AE86 Corolla's, at a little after ten. We are being serious. They claim to be from a place called Japan. Come on Twilight, why would your student lie to you about something like this? Your student, Starlight Glimmer."

She bundled it up into a scroll and hovered it in front of Spike. "Send that," she demanded, making Spike blow hard on it, disintegrating it with green fire.

She sighed. "Hopefully she replies soon."

"In the meantime, care to tell us how to magic?" Itsuki asked.

She sighed again. "Wouldn't hurt I guess. First, you need to-"

BURP

Spike suddenly belched, and out of his green fiery mouth came another scroll. Everyone rolled their eyes as Starlight opened it.

Ha ha, nice try you two. But right now I'm pretty busy. And your prank Isn't working. There are no male Alicorns. Now stop sending me these dumb messages. And no Alicorns would ever use an AE86. They are Junker's from a distant past.

"What!? Are you serious?!" Starlight yelled. Trixie just groaned.

Both Takumi and Itsuki were rather offended by that last sentence.

"Who the hell does she think she is?!" Itsuki exclaimed. "I bet my Levin could leave whatever car she drives in the dust!"

"No, it wouldn't." Starlight said flatly, facehoofing. "She drives a Civetta Bolide Twiline. It has a Twin Turbo 3.2 Liter V8 that makes like 500 Horsepower. It is a cornering monster. No way an AE86 of any kind could keep up with it. I know your Corolla's looked a little modified, but there is no way either of them makes nearly enough power to keep up with it."

"Civetta Bolide... Twiline?" Takumi asked.

"Yeah, what the heck even is that?" Itsuki asked.

"It's a mid-engined Supercar. Boxy, Straight Lines, a design from thirty years ago, you know. No way your cars could keep up with it," Starlight said.

"Not on a straightaway," Itsuki said. He suddenly leaned forward, putting his front hooves on the table. "But on the Akina downhill, we'd destroy a Civetta Bolide or whatever it was called! Especially Takumi! He'd lose her after the first three corners!" He exclaimed enthusiastically.

Starlight rolled her eyes. "I've seen those Bolide's take corners on the circuit faster than you've ever seen. You would never keep up, much less lose her. That is if she actually wanted to race."

"And how many races have you seen them compete in?" Itsuki asked.

"Like, one. I don't watch races. I've only seen three, and that was usually because I got stuck in a rouge storm and had nothing better to do."

"Well, you need to see more. Also, how much do Bolide's weigh?"

"A little over twenty-nine hundred pounds."

"HA! A skilled driver could DUST a Bolide on a circuit with corners with an Eight Six! It weighs 2000 pounds!"

"No, it couldn't? Have you ever seen a Bolide? Comparing that to an 'Eight Six' or whatever you call your cars is stupid. A full-on supercar vs an econobox like yours is just... not even a contest."

"UGH! You are impossible to talk to."

"So, quick question," Trixie interrupted before the argument escalated. "Are we gonna head to Canterlot, or are we gonna wait till Twilight gets back?"

Starlight looked down. "I... don't know. A minute ago I would have been demanding you two to drive us to Canterlot. But now I don't know."

"Well if you're ok with it, I'd like to learn magic. And also check out the racetrack." Itsuki said.

Takumi facehoofed again. "I just taught you some magic," he mumbled.

Starlight sighed. "Sure, I just don't want to lose track of where you two are. Just stay in the castle for me, please?"

"Absolutely. Hey Spike, care to lead me to the racetrack?"

"Sure!" Spike jumped off his chair. "This is gonna be awesome!" he giddily said as the two ran through the doors and disappeared down the hall.

Starlight looked back at Takumi and saw that he seemed... spaced out. He just stared blankly at the table, blinking once or twice every few seconds.

"Um... Takumi? Is everything alright?" she asked.

No response.

"Takumi?" Trixie asked.

In Takumi's mind, he was having a flashback.

It was the night before. He was on the Akina Pass, a nickname given to a road called the 'Jomo-Sanzan Panorama Highway', a mountain road on Mount Akina, Japan. He was on it with his best friend Itsuki who had his red and black Levin that had just gotten a carbon fiber hood. Takumi was trying to bait Nightmare Moon to come out, wanting to face his fear of the nightmares he had been having for the past week or so by racing her properly, on fair terms. He was a human. Average cream-ish skin tone, brown hair, basically his non-ponified counterpart aside from the black hair.

He was wearing his favorite outfit. Blue jeans with a white sweater and white shoes. Itsuki was with him in his own outfit, a green T-Shirt, and dark jeans. He was a little shorter, had black hair and average skin tone, and was your average high school graduate.

"Forget it Takumi. She's not coming," Itsuki stated.

Takumi sighed. "I guess your right. Let's head home."

They got in their cars, starting their engines and pulling out onto the road.

"It's so dumb. The one night I dare her to come out, she doesn't," Takumi complained over a radio transceiver as they slowly accelerated.

"Like a video game that involves Random Chance. You can get screwed twenty times in a row when you don't want to, then when you try to get screwed on purpose, it never happens," Itsuki agreed.

"Looking for me?" a female voice asked suddenly, sounding right in his head. His gaze shot behind and saw an R33 Skyline GT-R approaching quickly.

"TAKUMI!" Starlight yelled, snapping him out of the hallucination.

"Uh-... what?" he asked calmly, seeing Starlight directly to his right.

"You spaced out there. I thought we were losing you."

"Oh. Sorry about that. I was thinking about last night is all."

"Well, good. Is there anything you want to do? I guess you're both stuck in this castle until Twilight gets back."

"Um..." Takumi thought for a second. "What do you have to eat?"

"Plenty of things. Here, I'll show you where the kitchen is." Starlight offered, slowly walking towards the door. Takumi got off the chair and followed her out with Trixie quickly following suit.