• Published 28th Jul 2021
  • 801 Views, 8 Comments

Falling - Omegathyst



Falling was the most terrifying feeling for Fluttershy and Discord, there was no way this wouldn't end in sorrow. Right?

  • ...
7
 8
 801

Vermillion's Story

Discord found himself floating in his own dimension, staring down at his shaking claws as her confession repeated endlessly in his head. Any warmth he could feel was overshadowed by the images of her dying and leaving him behind with little to nothing behind, knives tearing apart at his insides. Allowing himself to fall, even for a soft and giving creature such as Fluttershy, wasn’t worth crashing and breaking into pieces for the rest of eternity. He wouldn’t experience that feeling ever again.

That wasn’t even including all those centuries he spent as a statue, immobile as he witnessed Princess Celestia walk past him, weeping for each mortal stallion and mare that she loved and had eventually lost. It was devastating enough for Discord to lose him, but to watch the ruler of Equestria weep for at least a dozen lovers? He didn’t know how Celestia ruled Equestria with her sister to this day, her heart hardening for the sake of her subjects. That's why, he couldn't understand her of all creatures doing what she had done to him.

Vermillion, a muscular brick red earth pony with a flowing dark grey mane and green eyes, hadn’t protested or cowered when Discord had poured chocolate rain and caused other bouts of chaos, but was overjoyed that his life as a construction worker had been interrupted by a strange creature that made sure there was never a boring day in the land of Equestria. Discord had even eavesdropped on the stallion and heard Vermillion insisting to ponies in his town that Discord was a ruler to be celebrated and not scorned. Discord’s heart skipped a beat as he savored his words...nopony had spoken about him like that before. So as many of the townsfolk had turned in for the night, Discord appeared right in front of Vermillion on his way home. The wide expression in the pony’s eyes quickly gave way to the burly and deep-voiced stallion acting like a colt in a candy store. His initial meeting with the Element of Chaos was like a filly meeting Coloratura or Songbird Serenade. Even months after they’d started a relationship, Vermillion would cringe and laugh at the memory. As he praised Discord for his brilliant ideas, and criticized him whenever his ideas came at the harm of other ponies, Discord gave him many rooms of his own in his castle at the time.

And then they came, with their Elements of Harmony and intent to rid the land of his power.

Discord could see Vermillion in Fluttershy when she spoke up for him to her best friends, but when she told him she loved him, he could also see the stallion’s teary eyes staring up at his statue. Discord wanted nothing more than to hold him, and he knew that Celestia had wronged him so deeply. Gritting his teeth, his claws clenching into fists, images of Vermillion and Fluttershy blended into each other as he realized who was at the center of it all. His fate and her fate.

Snapping his fingers, Discord left his dimension and found himself on the beaches of Silver Shoals.