• Published 28th Jul 2021
  • 800 Views, 8 Comments

Falling - Omegathyst



Falling was the most terrifying feeling for Fluttershy and Discord, there was no way this wouldn't end in sorrow. Right?

  • ...
7
 8
 800

Fluttershy's Confession

Author's Note:

For those who are terrified to fall in love again, including myself, I write this story. Hope y'all enjoy it.

As Fluttershy plummeted from the sky, feeling her body fall towards the ground with her wings tucked to her sides, she felt her heart racing as she closed her eyes, hoping that Rainbow Dash was good enough, if only today, to catch her in time.

Just as she could see her cottage among the trees, rainbows blurred her vision as Rainbow Dash crashed into her and held the yellow mare in her embrace as she flew down and gently placed Fluttershy on the ground. Her animals rushed over to her, her bear Harry scooping her up into his forelegs as the animals stared at her with their wide and beady eyes. Angel hopped over, glancing at Rainbow Dash as she grinned at her friend.

“See? If you can handle that, you can handle anything!” Dash told her. “Plus, it’s good for me to practice for the next time a pony’s falling on my watch.”

Harry lowered his embrace towards the ground, allowing Fluttershy to jump out of his forelegs and beside her friend. As Rainbow Dash smirked at Fluttershy, the yellow mare stared at the grass as she rubbed one hoof against her leg slowly. Her face heated up right before the silence was broken.

“So, do you think you’re ready?” Dash asked her, leaning forward as she tried to meet Fluttershy’s gaze. “I’m sure if you shout for him, he’ll be right here in less than a minute!”

“He might be overhearing us,” Fluttershy whispered.

“So why hide it?” Dash frowned. “Seems harder to keep a secret then, right?”

Fluttershy opened her mouth, but nothing came out as she felt her heart pounding inside her chest. She imagined going to Sugarcube Corner, to Sweet Apple Acres, even the privacy of her own cottage, and not being able to speak beyond a whisper over what had a hold over her heart. Years of spending time with him had taken its effect, the butterflies inside her body being the most wonderful and yet terrifying feeling that she’d ever felt. It made her tremble more than any humongous dragon or mean pony ever could, but the image of her never saying anything as she cheated herself out of happiness was tenfold worse than speaking up. Fluttershy nodded, and Rainbow Dash grinned from ear to ear right before she zoomed off into the clouds. Taking a deep breath, Fluttershy inhaled before shouting:

“Discord!”

This is happening this is happening oh please don’t let it ruin our friendship maybe I shouldn’t say anything-

Fluttershy shrieked as a white flash of light nearly blinded her, causing her to fall on her rear end as her animals dispersed in different directions. Covering her hooves lest she be subjected to the light again, Fluttershy nearly jumped as she felt something gently pushing her hooves out of the way of her face.

“Oh dear Fluttershy, I thought you’d have gotten used to my flashy entrances,” Discord chuckled. “This is quite intriguing though, I’ve already helped with all the animal responsibilities, and our tea time together isn’t until tomorrow. What couldn’t wait until then?”

“I...um,” Fluttershy resumed covering her face with her hooves, a heavy blush coming to her cheeks as she felt Discord running his claws through her mane.

“Wait, did somepony hurt you?” Discord growled as his claws stopped moving. Fluttershy felt her heart jump as she uncovered her face right then and there.

“No!” Fluttershy gasped. “Discord, I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a while now. And with what little time we have, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this sooner. But I love you, Discord. Every moment I have left in Equestria, I want to spend with you.”

Discord pulled his claws back, and even though he stared at her as though she had three heads, Fluttershy gave a deep breath and smiled.

See? Now was that so bad-

Fluttershy squeaked as she was surprised by another flash of light, turning her head away until the light was gone. As she looked back to where Discord stood, there was nothing but the grass where he once was. No hint of his silly tail, or his cute donkey-like face.

Discord was gone.

“What just happened?” Fluttershy whispered as some of her animals returned to her side, a raccoon resting his paw on her shoulder and staring at her with just as many answers as she had. Angel hopped to her side, rolling his eyes in the direction where Discord was. Looking at Fluttershy, Angel shook his head.

“But I can’t just forget about h-him,” Fluttershy’s ears flattened as her eyes threatened to break out into waterfalls against her will. Just as she was teetering on the brink of caving in to her emotions, Rainbow Dash nearly crash landed into the grass, her eyes surveying the whole forest around them.

“What the hay, where is Discord? Did he go off to celebrate in his own chaotic kind of way?” Dash’s smile died as she looked at Fluttershy, flying over to her and placing her hooves on Fluttershy’s shoulders. “Did...did he reject you?”

“That’s the problem, I don’t know!” Fluttershy whimpered as she felt tears rolling down her face, raising her hooves to cover her face a third time when Rainbow Dash’s touch turned into a full-on hug as the tears landed on Dash’s shoulders. “I told him how I felt, and he just disappeared! This doesn’t make any sense!”

“Hmph,” As Fluttershy buried her face in Rainbow Dash’s shoulder, Dash’s ears flattened as she glared in the direction of where Discord had vanished. “C’mon Fluttershy, everything is going to be okay. We can talk to the others about what happened, and maybe send a letter to Twilight. Besides, no friendship problem can’t be solved with communication. Right?”

“I h-hope so,” As Rainbow Dash stepped back from the hug, trying to give Fluttershy the most comforting smile she could give, Fluttershy wiped the tears off her face. Rainbow Dash smirked, thinking of the most Rainbow Dash way that she could try to comfort somepony.

“Race you!” Rainbow Dash turned her tail to Fluttershy and took off into the sky, zooming towards Ponyville. It was useless to try, but Fluttershy could already feel the pain subsiding a little as she flew above the trees and tried to catch up to her friend.