• Published 6th Jul 2021
  • 790 Views, 34 Comments

Eternal - Violet_09



We have bled the lightning in our veins, we are vengeance made manifest, we are Stormcast Eternals. And as our souls begin to fade, we will continue to fight for the mortal realms!

  • ...
11
 34
 790

Chapter 2 - The realm of heavens

“Stormcast Eternals?” I’m dumbfounded, I’m now a warrior of the God Queen herself. I’ve heard of the Stormcast Eternals before but only through stories, legends and books, I’ve never thought I’d see one let alone be part of their ranks, I’m speechless. “I’m a Stormcast Eternal?”

“Yes you are,” Sunset Shimmer said “And judging from your armour you look like a Knight Incantor.”

“A what?” I asked confused.

“I’ll tell you more about your role soon, right now we must leave this place. We don’t want to interrupt the mortals with our conversation.” Sunset Shimmer told me. She walked away from the anvil, she turned her head to me and called out to me. “Follow me, Twilight Sparkle.” I did what she told me to do.

As we walked through this abnormally large room I see the exit, The door is also abnormally large, just like this room, but it’s made from a gold like material just like the armour I’m wearing. It has runes on it and it shows a figure holding a war hammer high in the air with lightning coming out of it whilst surrounded by bodies of green skins and ponies cheering the figure on. I’m guessing that the figure on the door is Celestia, the God Queen; however she looks different from what my books describe her as, and her hair isn’t flowing. Strange, it must be a younger depiction of her or something.

Sunset was about to open the door but I had a question to ask her. “Sunset where am I anyway?”

“You’re in Azyr,” She answered as she opened the door, “the realm of heavens.” This realm does seem to live up to its name, it’s like a paradise with a bunch of glowing palaces, fortresses and cities ranging as far as my eyes could see. There is no blue sky, but you can see the beautiful stars of the night sky. “Come now, I need to take yo to the Sacrosanct chamber.” Said Sunset Shimmer.

I continued to follow her because she knows her way around this realm; and as I did I saw diverse range of races like deer, dwarven horses with big bushy beards, and some regular ponies. I also see a different group of ponies that look similar to the ones I saw back in the room with the anvil except they’re more relaxed than the ones I saw earlier. “Sunset who were those ponies that were staring at the anvil?” I questioned.

“Oh them? They’re priests.” Said Sunset. “Those mortals take on a wide variety of tasks here in Azyr like looking for flaws on the Anvil of apotheosis and the reforging process.” She explained in more detail

“Reforging?”

“It’s kind of a fancy word for resurrection, except you’re reshaped by lighting until you become a Stormcast.”

“You mentioned that they were looking flaws on the anvil, what do you mean by that?”

“You’re an inquisitive on aren’t you.” Sunset noted. “For reasons unknown the anvil causes all Stormcasts to loose a small piece of themselves during reforging, like having a change in personality or having lighting coming out of your eyes effectively making you blind, but that’s only a couple of the side effects.”

“What are the other side effects?”

“I can’t remember the others Twilight, but I do remember that you can get memory loss. So don’t die too much” She warned me.

Later on in the journey Sunset Shimmer leads me to a building, It doesn’t look any different to any other building in this realm except it’s guarded by two Stormcast Eternals at the front entrance. They’re both holding a one handed maul that’s glowing bright ethereal blue on the edges and a shield, they have blue robes below their waists and off white tabards covering their chest. “Hail!” They both clang their weapons against their shields as they praised Sunset Shimmer. Sunset just walked passed them and entered the building and I followed along.

When I entered the building I saw giant shelves filled to with books, scrolls and ancient lore. Stormcast wizards practising magic spells that I’ve never seen before in my mortal life, “This is the coolest library that I’ve seen in my entire life.” I accidently say out loud.

Sunset chuckled a little. “Funny, that’s what I said when I first got here.”

“I can live here for days and weeks.”

“Good cause I have a meeting with the council in a bit,” Sunset told me “so keep yourself busy while I’m gone.”

Sunset was about to walk away but I needed to tell her about the situation in Cantelot. “Wait!” I blurted out. She turned around; and I told her what I needed to say. “The changelings, they’ve taken over Canterlot in Ghyran, they almost my friends but they did kill me. So we should send an army over there and-”

“Twilight, I know of the situation in Ghyran.” Sunset interrupted “In fact that’s why I’m having a meeting with the council, so don’t worry just yet.”

“That’s the thing though, I am worried, for my friends and my family.”

“Twilight I promise that you’ll get back to Ghyran as soon as possible. In the meantime keep yourself busy.” Sunset promised. Sunset left the building and I was left to do my own thing, but I felt awkward in this place all by myself. I needed to keep myself distracted so I grabbed a couple of books... Scratch that, I grabbed twelve books and stacked them on top of each other.

I found an empty table with with a couple of chairs, placed the books down and sat down. Don’t know how this chair is able to withstand my weight even in this armour so I shrugged it off. Anyway the first book I’m about to read is old and dusty and it’s called ‘Malign sorcery.’


Canterlot

Finally. After nine years of infiltration and subterfuge, I’ve finally taken over this accursed city. And it’s all thanks to General Pharynx and his legion that I even get to sit on this throne of my new kingdom, my army has done quite well, My general has done well. Speaking of which, him and his little brother have entered my throne room.

Pharynx's little brother is named Thorax and he is a wizard. But not in the traditional pony sense, he’s more of a healer than a battle wizard, however I did see him summon a couple of endless spells during battles, as well as other horrific things he’s committed that he isn’t proud of what’s so ever. He has dense chitin chest armour for protection and a dark green robe covering his lower body. “Ah Pharynx, how's the wound?" I asked about the flesh wound he suffered earlier today.

"It's healing very nicely thanks to my little brother." Pharynx praised his brother. "You summoned us my queen?"

“I have.” I frowned slightly. “I heard that the ponies you supposed to execute escaped.”

“That’s true, all but one. Even then her soul escaped from death.”

“Yes I saw that lightning bolt outside. So she’ll be part of the God queens army now, that doesn’t matter now.”

“Doesn’t matter?” Thorax joined the conversation. “That pony might come back with an army of Stormcast Eternals along with her!”

I stare at him with disappointment. “I understand your concern Thorax, but us Changelings are part of the grand alliance of order, I wouldn't worry too much about the God Queens favourite toys. Besides other factions of order have done worse things than us, like the hippogriffs, I hear they steal souls from ponies near the sea; and yet they're still part of order.” I explain to him “But discussing about a few ponies that’ve ran away is not why I summoned you two.”

“Then why have you summoned us?” Pharynx asked.

“It’s about that forest near the town of Ponyville. Only two of the five scouts that were sent there today survived." I tell them about the bad news. “And these where found on their injured bodies.” I throw two types of weapons to them, one of them is an arrow with changeling blood on its tip, it’s elegant and is glowing a bright ethereal blue. The other is a savage looking javelin; something you’d see in ancient times of pony kind, yet it’s like it’s from a different world all together. I know what two different creatures use these weapons.

“What? What cruel creature did this?” Thorax exclaimed

“Sylvaneth, and Drakes.” I answer

“Drakes in Ghyran, those savage beasts are getting bold. Even going as far as to work with the Sylvaneth.” Pharynx pointed out.

“Yes, they’re up to something in that forest and I want you Pharynx to find out what they’re up to. By any means necessary.” I command General Pharynx.

“Yes my Queen.” Pharynx bows and goes off to fulfil his orders.

“And as for you Thorax I want you to order a public execution of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza in two days time, I would want it now; however I have other politics to deal with.” I order Thorax

“It will be done my queen.” Thorax says. “My queen, I have a couple of questions.” As annoying his line of questioning is, I shall answer them.

“Speak.”

“You’ve taken over the city, why can’t you kill the Princess now?”

“If I wanted to kill her I could do so easily, I would bathe myself with her own blood if I so wished. But in spite of that it’s about sending a message to the denizens of this realm; and to the other mortal realms.” I clarify “And that message being. We are still here, and we shall not be messed with.”

“I thought the mortal realms knew we existed?”

“They did long ago, now we’re just in children's stories and legends after the Age of Chaos. We’re only a rumour to them, something that goes bump in the night and it’s demeaning, but we will not be in children's stories no more.”

“Is that why we took over Canterlot?”

“One of the reasons yes.” The other reason however must be kept secret.

“Okay then, last question.” Finally. “If we’re part of order, why have we committed such atrocity? I mean aren't we supposed to be part of the good guys?”

I sighed in annoyance because this is actually a difficult question to answer. Not because I don’t know the answer to his question, but because it’s hard to tell him without telling him my secret. Nevertheless I will try my best to answer this last question. “Lets just say in order to do the right thing, you must do some bad along the way. I’ve taken this throne to keep our kind safe, to bring order and justice to this kingdom that we’ve taken and to stop bad thing from happening by corrupt nobles and family bloodlines. Despite this, if the ponies of this kingdom don’t except my rule, then they’ll livestock for the hive.” I tell him in detail “Does this satisfy your curious mind Thorax?”

“Y-Yes my queen.” He stutters

“Good. Now leave.” I command him. Thorax leaves the throne room as quietly and swiftly as possible. I am finally alone. I relax and cross my legs and everything is nice and quiet. Then suddenly one of changeling soldiers barges into the throne room unannounced dragging a Pegasus along with him. “What’s the meaning of this intrusion!?” I yell at him.

“I found her trying to escape the crystal mines.” He tells me. The Pegasus he dragged in has messy rose coat of fur, her mane is striped yellow, pink, and purple. “I caught her trying to find her husband, so I knocked her out before she could find him, I thought you might want to speak to her.”

“Hmmm, well done now Leave us!” I Ordered the soldier “And lock the door behind you!” Once he left and locked the door I grinned at the Pegasus. I sat up off my throne, walked to the Pegasus on the floor and lifted her head elegantly with my hand so I can see her face; and her fearful purple eyes. “Hello, Mi Amore Cadenza. We meet again.”


The Everfree forest

It’s night in the Everfree forest, and I’m tired. We’re all tired after what happened. Rainbows arm is starting infected and so is Rarity's flesh wound, Fluttershy is still unconscious, Twilight might be dead and me and Pinkie are the only ones still alive and kicking. And I seriously doubt that Rainbow and Rarity will survive three days without medical attention. We’re all tired, scared and dying; and I don’t know what to do. Celestia help us.

“Applejack!” Pinkie called for me “Fluttershy’s starting to come round!” I quickly ran over to her and she’s right. Her eyes are slowly opening and her wooden fingers are twitching a bit, I thought she’ll be out a lot longer, finally some good news after recent events.

Fluttershy opened her eyes fully but she looks dizzy and confused. Me and Pinkie slowly and carefully pulled Fluttershys body up till she’s sat up straight. “Wh-Where am I?” She asked confused.

Pinkie happily screeched in joy and gave Fluttershy a big hug. “Oh Fluttershy, thank the Gods you’re awake! I missed you so much! I thought you were gonna die and that I’ll never see you again!” Pinkie Pie is about to squeeze Fluttershy to death with her hug.

“Pinkie if you’re gonna keep squeezing her like that you’re her unconscious, again.” I sperate her from Fluttershy.

“But I miss her soooo much!” Pinkie says as she attempts to reach for Fluttershy “She’s been asleep all day.”

“I know Pinkie but you have to give her some space for now okay.”

I see actual tears coming from her eyes, First time I’ve seen Pinkie Pie cry, and after today I wouldn’t blame her for shedding a tear or two. “O-okay.”

“Applejack where are we?” Fluttershy repeated her question.

“We’re in the everfree Forest.” I tell her.

“Good, that’s good.” Said Fluttershy. “I know the Sylvaneth of this forest so we should be safe.” Fluttershy attempted to stand up but then she realised that her left leg is missing. “What happened to my leg? And where’s my Greenwood Scythe?”

“Flutteshy your leg was broken off by a changeling; and as for your scythe thingy, um, where is it?” I go scrounging around trying to find Fluttershy’s weapon. As I look I hear a rustle in the bushes and trees and I shrug because it could just be the wind, although you can never be too sure with this forest. After a minute of searching I finally found the scythe, to be honest I should’ve noticed it earlier from the blue glowy part on top of the handle, it’s hard to notice but I somehow found it difficult to notice. “Found it.” I say as I gave the weapon to Fluttershy.

“Thank you Applejack.” Said Fluttershy.

“You’re welcome. And uh sorry about you leg.” I apologize to her.

“Applejack there’s no need to be sorry for something you haven’t done.” Fluttershy tells me. “Beside I’m practically a plant remember, so it’ll grow back, eventually.”

I felt relived that she won’t be injured for long, as for the others, I just hope that there’s a doctor in this forest. Rarity And Rainbow Dash are struggling to sleep because of their injuries and I just can’t stand to see them in pain. “Hey Fluttershy, you’re a wizard can you heal Rainbow and Raritys injuries?” I ask.

Fluttershy looks at Rainbow and Rarity trying in pain. “I might be able to heal their wounds but I don’t know if I can heal Rainbows mortal wound. And the spell takes time to actually take affect and so Rainbow might bleed out if we take that knife out her arm.” So they might be able to get the treatment they need, that’s some good news I just hope Rainbow won’t bleed out before the spell takes affect.

I hear more rustling in the woods, along with a sound of cracking tree branches and large footsteps coming closer. Somethings hunting us. Suddenly a large blue glowing arrow the size of a spear lands on the ground near Pinkie Pie, and two more arrows hit the ground near the group. It shocked Rarity And Rainbow who are still in pain, they got up as quickly as possible and swiftly ran towards me. Three large figures twice the size of us and made out of wood, walk out of the woods aiming their glowing Bow and arrows directly at us. What followed them were three large bugs that act like quivers keeping hold of their arrows. These aren't ordinary tree folk, those are Zecorian hunters of the Everfree; and who I presume is the leader of this squad spoke. “Get out of our forest, fleshbags.”