• Published 17th May 2021
  • 1,303 Views, 56 Comments

Inkwells across Equestria - Keyslam



Raven Inkwell is not a single pony. Raven is a collective.

  • ...
4
 56
 1,303

The necessary preparations

"The poison is dropping. Do not cage the coming canaries of the unlit mine, but leave your trail of stones for the inspector."

Eh glances at the clock hanging on the wall. "You gonna be doin' this every night now?"

Raven hangs up. "Yes, for the foreseeable future. You needn't worry, however--I have arranged for your service charges to henceforth be dealt with by the Equestrian treasury."

"Oh?"

"I will be departing now, Eh. Time is of the essence."

Raven once again teleports away in a flash.


"What?" The stallion pounds a hoof on the counter. "You're telling us that you're hiring us to take out a Princess of Equestria?"

Raven nods, paying mind to retain the cloaking spell that she'd cast rather hastily before stepping into the room. "You will be paid rather handsomely if you succeed. I do not care of the methods you use. See to it that the Princess of Friendship comes under your threat." She lifts a bag of bits from the floor, placing it on the counter. "This will be my down payment for the job."

The stallion narrows his eyes, but they soon turn to the bag. He leans back in his seat. "You've made a fine deal, mister..."

"Grout."

"Yes... Grout. I'll arrange for my marefriend to brew some of her specialties, and I'll handle the rest. I appreciate doing business with you, Mister Grout."

"As with you." Raven bows and turns for the door.


"Yes, yes, such is anticipated. May I order a collection of dolls for the occasion? No. Twenty or more should be fine. The restaurant? Yes, prepare the customer for their meals. Regarding the chef, tell our sisters that it is rather dark in the kitchen, and I am unsure of the number of cooks."

Eh whistles. "Are you always gonna speak like that over the phone? Pretty fancy way to say what you wanna say."

Raven nods. "I cannot be certain that our conversations are private. It is a necessary maneuver to perform with the intent to mislead."

"This here's the second time you're visiting tonight. You sure you don't wanna slow down a bit? Things get... messy when you're in a rush."

"I am certain of my abilities, Eh. I needn't worry for the Princess of Friendship's safety so long as my sisters in Ponyville remain vigilant. Farewell for now, Collector. I shall return when the sun sets again tomorrow."