• Published 25th Apr 2021
  • 826 Views, 19 Comments

Living in the Limelight - PoneFluff



What happens when you combine an experimental drug, inquisitive parents and nearly forty grand worth of records? Freddy is about to find out. Pon-EFluff Part 2

  • ...
2
 19
 826

Just an ordinary supply run for a highly illegal drug

It was hard for me to believe it had been three months already, /Pon-E/ had come out of nowhere, and since I had the cash to spare, I’d taken a gamble and ordered it. After that, I spent a month waiting and hyping up the drug in the thread. Whoever the producer was, they knew how to market it. Every day we waited had more videos of a couple of Ponies getting into shenanigans; we even saw one earn her cutiemark on stream. I chuckled at the memory of going pony for the first time. Luck must have been on my side as I was amongst the first wave of deliveries and had gone pony the day my Pon-E arrived. Spending 12 hours in my room was kind of boring, but I still looked back on it fondly. The problem with being among the first wave was that I was starting to run out. Who’d have expected that using it three to four times a week would knock through a pack of sixteen doses? Regardless, I wasn’t alone in my supply issues. My newfound “herd”, as we’d nicknamed our friend group, had run out.




”Afternoon, Fleetwood, you waiting here long?” A voice called, which pulled me from my reminiscing. I looked up to see Sam walking toward me. The same red hoodie he wore even as a pony adorned Sam’s otherwise modest form. At first glance, it was hard to believe that the bombastic speed addicted Pegasus was the same as the human standing before him. The biggest giveaway was the cocky smirk that seemed permanently etched onto his face or muzzle. I remembered our first time meeting as humans, and he was radically different. Aside from his newfound confidence, having a group of friends like the herd had done us both a world of good, it seemed. It was nice. We came from radically different walks of life but still gelled together as a close group.




“Normal names in public, Sam. You know the rules.” I chided. Sam as always rolled his eyes. We’d done this dance practically every time we met in human form since we became friends. I had to admit that it wasn’t a very long time, all things considered. We’d organised in the thread before hosting our first meet up, almost the day after my Pon-E was delivered. Out of the users in the thread, there were Five in Atlanta who had made themselves known. Sam, of course, had arrived already dosed up. Dropping from the sky on the group to our first meet up, proclaiming himself as “Sabre, the fastest pegasus in the United States.” When pressed about the name, it turned out to be from some American jet. Needless to say, we’d still not let him live that down.


“So, what’s the sketch with the order then Freddy” Sam replied, emphasising my name as if to prove he was saying it; I could only chuckle in response. By the brilliant logic of being the largest pony, I was put in charge of the group, and by extension, the organisation of our resupply order and storing it.


“Of course, they’d pick the earth pony to do the work….bucking lazy pegasi,” I thought to myself before shoving that thought out of my mind. Today wasn’t a day to be negative. The walk over wasn’t too bad, the sun was shining, and Sam wasn’t as frustrating as usual. All in all, it was shaping up to be a good day.


“So….we just walk in, collect our illegal drugs, and walk out like nothing happened?” Sam continued, having taken the momentary silence as a reason to. As he fell once more into silence, I checked the email for proof the package was ours to collect the damn thing. It was a little odd; my first package had been from Ekaterinburg in Russia, whereas this was from a place called Ithaca in New York for some reason. I supposed whoever was making this stuff must have been sending it to dummy distribution hubs for each wave?


“The email said it should have been delivered yesterday so we can collect it then take it back to my place. Dad’s been a little weird the past few days, but he won’t care,” I said whilst shoving my phone back into my jeans. We’d agreed to meet just down the street from the post office, meaning if all went well, we could head straight from here back to my place and store the Pon-E there without anyone being the wiser.


”Faust bless the US postal service. You take the lead, Fred.” As they walked in, I couldn’t help but notice the choice of words. Pon-E wasn’t supposed to leave any lingering side effects, but we’d been keeping a list of slip-ups like that for word choices. The last thing he needed was to drop an Anypony or hoof into conversation with an average person. Thankfully the post office was largely empty, so instead of taking the hour or two that I’d planned for, the errand shouldn’t take more than thirty minutes.