• Published 26th Apr 2021
  • 733 Views, 15 Comments

The Lost Gem in High School - Sacred Sky Heart



When going as an Crystal Gem OC I thought up to a comic-con, I meet the merchant and end up somewhere in Rainbow Rocks. Welp, at least I wasn't shattered instantly.

  • ...
2
 15
 733

When The Song Rises to the Challenge

As all seven pairs of eyes stared, I could only feel a bead of sweat run down my cheek. However, the first one to break the silence was of course who I knew would ask que.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sky. I'm Twilight Sparkle. I am curious as to why you were apparently in front of the statue earlier?"

Before I could reply, a certain rainbow style haired tomboy crosses her arms and glares.

"And don't try to give fibs. You somehow fell out of the mirror at the statue right after Twilight got here! So either you snuck through or your an alien here to cause trouble!"

I go wide eyed, but a southern drawl speaks out.

"Now Rainbow, ya know that makin' accusations won't get us 'nywhere." Spoke a girl wearing a tetson hat. While I didn't speak, I knew these two were Rainbow Dash and Applejack. However I didn't want to make it clear I already knew who they were.

"I-I am just as confused about how I'm here, and I don't recall falling through a mirror or whatever."

Applejack stared at me, but then smiled and nodded.

"He's tellin' the truth." She said simply.

I smile, at least knowing I proved myself. However, Rarity in her fashion designer aura came close and eyed my clothes until she comes across a certain area of my arm.

"I'm sorry Darling, but why is there a Lapis Lazuli gem on your arm? While I approve creativity, it seems illy placed."
Before I could explain, Sunset steps forward.

"I was curious about that as well. As well as why it seemed to glow briefly when you passes out."

All eyes were on me and I decided to explain. Going into detail of what the gems were, I followed up to how "my mother" was a Lapis Lazuli who defected from the ways of the Gems Authority and joined the Crystal Gems to defend Earth.

I then went into detail as to how she met "my dad", a human guitarist who enjoyed playing music for entertaining more than money. As I then explained that he passed from cancer and that Lapis had given up her form so I could exist, I see almost everyone in the room were saddened. Rainbow was looking away to not show she was affected as well, but I smile and shake my head to the girls.

"As long as I at least know they did their best for the world, I will carry their feelings onward." I exclaim. However, I see in the corner of the music room a dusty instrument case. I walk over and pick it up, opening it to see a navy blue guitar inside.

As I took out the guitar, I sit down and adjust the strings to where it makes a melodious sound as I rung my fingers along them. I then take a breath and begin to sing.

"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love"

The girls were not expecting this, but they listened intently as if a spell held them in place.

"When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you"

I had my eyes closed, but could almost feel like an aura of peace surrounded me with each line I sung.

"I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
'Cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you
Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special
If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love
When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you
Love like you
Love me like you"

I breathe out, opening my eyes and seeing all seven girls smiling and even teary eyed. Rainbow rubbed her eyes as she tried to hide her smile, wanting to not seem uncool apparently. I chuckle and smile at all the girls.

"I think I want to join this contest you all are doing." I say, chuckling as I notice the Battle of the Bands poster on the door. The girls seemed hesitant, but didn't say no. However, Sunset asked something I had a feeling would come up.

"If you join, who will you have for band members?"

******************

"This isn't what we should sing!" Shouted a squeaky yet young voice. Rarity sighed as the owner of the voice stared down a girl with a pink bow in her hair and a messy hair cut tomboy next to her.

"Why not? It isn't like yer doing any better at pickin' a song!" Said the bow wearing girl.

"I for once agree with Applebloom, Sweetie. Even if her choices aren't awesome, I agree on that."
Both girls stared at the tomboy and yelled.

"CAN IT SCOOTALOO!"

I sigh and suddenly jump down from the steep hill over them, my decent slowed as I create water wings to help me. As I land behind Scootaloo, Sweetie and Applebloom stare in surprise.

"What?" Asked Scootaloo, turning to find me standing there with arms crossed.

"Sounds like you three are entering the contest?" I ask, getting awkward nods from two while Scootaloo seemed arrogant.

"Of course! We are going to win, also!"

However, I laugh at this and this makes her angry. I soon calm myself to chuckles and smile.

"If you can't be organized in even choosing a song, how can you get past round one?"

They couldn't reply, only stare as I go reach around and pull out the guitar I played on earlier. I strummed on the strings once more, my gem slightly glowing as I focus on the song.

"No one
Is holding you back now
No one
Can push you around"

As I sing, I begin to hover, which causes the HuMane 7 and the CMC to stare. However, an aura surrounds the young trio as I continue to sing.

"What do you wanna do?
You're the master of you
And isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground"

As the music continues, realization hits the trio and they seem to lurch. But then they look to each other, smiling. My water wings expand and I fly up a little more, and the girls giggle as I do a flip.

"Nothing
Is holding us back now
No one
Can push us around"

The trio seemed in sync, and I couldn't help but give a thumbs up.

"What do we wanna be?
We're the master of us
And isn't the thought enough to lift off of the ground"

At this, I strum more and all four of us begin to fly around.

"We could be independent together
Independent together, we can fly"

As we flew up, Rarity and Applejack watch in shock, but Rainbow Dash had a look of amazement. I flew higher with the CMC, noticing we were drawing some attention.

"Independent together
Independent together
Independent together, you and I"

As we fly by several students, they seemed to break out of a trance filled with anger and smiled as we went by. I knew now the song was somehow breaking whatever was making them hate each other, and I smiled and waved. However, I soon fly straight up, followed by Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo who all let out squeals of joy. But soon we halt our ascent as I reach around ten feet over the school.

"High above an endless sea
No one brought us here but me
Every step and every choice"

The trio that flew with me, doing elegant flips and dances in the air. I soon lean back, preparing to descend at speeds unexpected.

"It's my fault, it's my thought
It's my words, it's my voice"

As we descended, everyone below watched in awe and shock. The CMC somehow felt what I was planning and smiled, eager to do this. Once we reached the front of the statue, I land hard enough for a shockwaves aura to launch from me, while the trio flew up and circled the horse statue.

"Independent together
Independent together if we try
Independent together
Independent together
Independent together, you and I"

The girls continue to sing, all clinging to each other's hands as they spun in air.

"Independent together
Independent together, we can fly"

I slowly flap my water wings and hover with the trio, smiling as Sweetie and Applebloom get around Scootaloo and toss her up into the air.

"Independent together
Independent together
Independent together, you and I"

I smile as this all happened, but then felt a stare that seemed to pierce my very being. Looking for the source, I soon sight the eyes of a certain yellow skinned siren. If looks could kill, I felt I would shatter under the stare. Slowly I and the CMC descend, my wings disappearing as I made contact with the ground and the trio smile and hug.

"Independent together, you and I"

Author's Note:

Well, it seems the power of music infused with the magic of gems did a number on The Dazzlings mind control spell. But will it be enough to sway everyone to be right of mind when the contest starts? Or will they still be at each other's necks?
Added note: Sky appears slightly around when Twilight comes back during Rainbow Rocks, and this is only the start of his adventure here. Hope you all are enjoying this fanfic.