• Published 26th Apr 2021
  • 732 Views, 15 Comments

The Lost Gem in High School - Sacred Sky Heart



When going as an Crystal Gem OC I thought up to a comic-con, I meet the merchant and end up somewhere in Rainbow Rocks. Welp, at least I wasn't shattered instantly.

  • ...
2
 15
 732

The Name is Sky. Sky Lazuli

A groan is heard as I find my eyes being hit by a bright light and the loud sound of traffic.
"Nnnnngh. Did anyone catch the license of that monster truck that apparently knocked me out?" I mumble out, but found that my voice sounded...younger? Almost like it was back when I was 13? That can't be right. I must have a concussion that's affecting my hearing. That's it.

"HIYA!" Yells a hyper high pitched voice that makes me shoot my eyes open and shout in surprise. I look to my side and see....a pink skinned girl with darker pink cotton candy-styled hair? I did one thing I never thought I'd do at all right then and there. I screamed until I passed out once again.

************************

One hour earlier...
"I hope this does good. I put a lot of effort into making this costume for you, my friend."
One of my friends who has a hobby in cosplay had just finished fitting my costume onto me. While I am a massive fan of the Steven Universe series, I felt that there was a lack in male characters having a spotlight moment besides the main character, Steven Universe (of course). I look over my costume, noting the teardrop shaped blue gem of a Lapis Lazuli on my left shoulder and that the clothes were styled from the Gem Homeworld look. I shake my head and chuckle at my friend.

"You worry too much Al. Even if I don't grab eyes, I am happy with this costume. It's totally awesome!"

Al just smiles and chuckles as I praise his work once again.

"Well, it's for a friend and I was happy to help. Wow... I'm starting to sound like that one chick my little sister likes on her favorite cartoon." He laughs at this, shrugging off his surprise at this.

"You mean the one with the multicolored horses that seem more girl product than for guys, even through there are men who enjoy it?" I ask. I won't admit it but I do enjoy that show My Little Pony as well. I heard that there was going to be a movie sometime where there are human versions, but so far I hadn't heard anything new on it. My friends don't know this, as I prefer to keep it to myself.

"Yeah. Sheesh, I feel I could almost lose my lunch if I watched too much."

"Heheh... Yeah, me too....." I soon change the subject.

"I best get going then. See you later, Al."

As I was about to leave, I see something tossed to me. I grab it suddenly, and see it's a similar katana to that of what was used by Rose Quartz (aka Pink Diamond at the end of the series before Future began). I smile as Al gives a mock diamond salute, and I can't help but chuckle as I leave for my car.

In half an hour, I arrive at the convention and see it's stocked full of cosplayers. Many of the costumes came from old animes like Rurori Kenshin or even shows like the Gen 1 Transformers series. I clearly could see the detail was down to the deepest levels on many, and I gulped at this.

"Well, doesn't look like I'll be making the top 10..."
I sigh in defeat, but soon notice one stand that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. I passed the area earlier and nothing was there, but now there is? I could tell red flags were flying up in my head saying don't go towards it, but being the curious individual I am I ignored them.

"Hello young gem! How may I assist you in your conquest?" Said an old yet humoring voice. I look to see a man in a cloak similar to the Rare Hunters from YU-GI-OH, except it seemed to have some age to it. I play along as my character and chuckle.

"Sorry, but my interest isn't for conquest of any planets in the universe. I'm human. Well... Half human and half gem. The name is Sky Lazuli."
I extend to shake hands, and the merchant smiles and accepted it.

"Ah! A pleasure to meet a hybrid child. As for your unique costume, I'll let you pick one of my wares I have to have no charge."

I instantly could tell something was fishy, but then I noticed a sphere nearby. I pick it up and see what appears to be a rock inside. But on closer inspection I see it's not any ordinary rock. It was a replica of a Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, and Amethyst gem. Ironically, there was also a Pink Diamond in there somehow. But how they seemed to float made me confused. As I picked it up, I thought I saw a shimmer inside each gem, reflecting emotions of each individual. The pink diamond gem however didn't seem to give a reflection of the original host, but that of a young boy with star struck eyes. I chuckle as I recall how Steven in the show always became shocked and excited from new things. I felt a need to get this item.

"I'll take this, my good sir!" I exclaim, and suddenly I regret it as a light blinds me.

"Take care now, son of a Lapis Lazuli and a human. May you find the other Crystal Gems to assist you in the future."

************

Back to the present
I open my eyes slowly, taking in the sight of the room I was in. Apparently I was on the floor, but what caught my attention the most was the fact I was in apparently a music room and surrounded by seven individuals I didn't expect to see. There was also the girl who surprised me, and I soon realize where in the universe I was. In response, I couldn't think of anything to say but introductions.

"Um, hi? The name's Sky Lazuli?" I say as all 14 eyes kept their gaze on me.