• Published 8th Apr 2021
  • 476 Views, 20 Comments

Kyra Blade: Bounty Hunter - Kuromi Blue



Bounty hunting has been an interesting occupation. But now Kyra wants to retire. Unfortunately, Princess Luna has other ideas.

  • ...
4
 20
 476

Prologue

Author's Note:

There ARE some spelling errors in this chapter, but that's because the characters have accents, so to convey that I had to misspell a few things. Also, this is the only chapter where I misspell things, so don't worry - you won't have to put up with it for the whole story. :twilightsheepish:

At midnight, four stallions sat gathered around a fire, their faces tired. Presently there came a faint rustling sound, and they each leapt to their feet, each reaching for their weapons. Moments later a fox appeared from behind a bush, and the stallions relaxed.

"Damn animals!" the one called Two-bit muttered.. Picking a stone from the ground, he tossed it at the fox, sending it darting back into the safety of the woods. "Do you really think it was a good idea to come here?" he said to the stallion seated across him.

"'Course it is!" insisted the other, who was called Sly. "She won't dare follow us in here."

"Right, but how long are we going to stay in here?" Two-bit asked. "I mean, even if she dun't come in here after us, we'll have to move on evenchally?"

"Numbskull!" growled the third stallion. "We don't have to worry about finding a way out 'cause we ain't leavin'!"

"Yeah," said the fourth. "Folks say treasure's hidden in here. In a castle. Ain't that right, boss?"

"Aye," said Sly. "The castle's been abandoned for a long time. That means it must be full of treasure, and we're going to nab it first. Now, according to this here map," he said, pulling a roll of parchment from under his shirt and unrolling it, "we should be at the ruins by tomarra. After we find the treasure, we'll use the ruins as a hideout to plan raids on all the paths. At any rate, next time this time next week, we'll all be filthy rich!"

While the stallions sat laughing around the fire, they were unaware that they were being observed. Not too far away, a unicorn sat crouched behind some bushes. Dressed in a travelling cloak and armor with a dagger strapped to her thigh and a dart gun on the other, she had spent the last week tracking these idiots ever since setting them up with the map in an encounter at a pub several towns away. The mare smiled to herself as she remembered it. The fools never suspected a thing. Now all her work had paid off, and she had the perfect opportunity to eliminate these scum once and for all.

Reaching down, she grabbed the dart gun which was strapped to her right thigh. One it was free, she raised it to her lips with her hoofs, taking meticulous aim.

"Whatcha think ya'll do with your share?" Two-bit asked the other stallions.

"Well, first I think I'll buy me a-"

Whatever Sly would have said was cut off as he let out a surprised grunt. A moment later he collapsed to the ground - a sleeping dart protruding from his spine. The others only had a moment of horrified bewilderment before they too were hit - succumbing to a deep slumber before they hit the ground.

Walking out from the bushes, the mare strode towards the fire. There was a self-satisfied smirk on her face as she tied each of the stallions up, before walking over to Sly's pack and rummaging inside of it. After a few moments, she had removed a bottle of cider, a small bag of bits, and some bread and cheese.

"I'll just help myself to this," she said to her sleeping captives. "Not like you'll be needing it anymore."

Plopping down beside the fire, the mare chugged the cider bottle until it was empty, before tossing it over her shoulder with a loud belch, before starting on the bread and cheese. When finished, she let out a second, louder belch and laid down by the fire. Tomorrow she'd go into Ponyville and turn these dumb sods in to the guards. In the meantime, it had been a long week, and the mare was tired. With a full stomach warmed by the liquor she'd consumed, she soon fell asleep.

.....

The following morning, the mare was up at dawn. After leading the Ponyville guards to Sly's gang, she accompanied them back to the guardhouse, where she received five hundred bits in payment for her deed. It wasn't as much as she'd hoped, but it was all right since she'd stolen a total of two hundred bits off the bandits while they slept.

As she turned to leave the building, one of the guards called to her.

"Thanks again for the help, Blade!"

Blade grinned back, thinking smugly of the gold now clinking in her pocket. "Oh please, it was nothing. A good deed is its own reward."

.....

Later that day, Kyra was seated at a restaurant in Ponyville, quietly munching her way through her second sub sandwich. Occasionally, ponies passing her would throw a glance her way, taken aback by her strange looks. Kyra ignored them all. She was used to ponies gawking stupidly at her, but it was to be expected, she supposed. Most ponies had never seen a unicorn like her before. Being one with a heritage of one third Kirin, one third dragon and one third unicorn, Kyra was at least six inches taller than most ponies, with a very long horn. In addition she was stronger and faster than most, with an impressive appetite. As such, she didn't expect ponies to quit staring any time soon.

Still, she would have been lying if she said it didn't bother her. Not least because strange sights were common in Equestria, but also because it made her feel conspicuous. In her line of work, that could be a hazard. As such, she never stayed in one town for more than a day.

Finishing her sandwich, she stood up. After leaving a handful of bits for her tip, she proceeded to the front of the restaurant to pay for her meal and left.

Upon leaving the restaurant, she wandered the town for a while until she found a bench to sit on beneath the shade of a tree. Here she sat down, closing her eyes and feeling the sunshine on her back. It would be fall soon. Time to head back to her cabin in White Tail Woods. It was her home, the sole thing she had of her parents after they passed away in her foalhood. While life hadn't been the same since losing them, Kyra wouldn't have it any other way. She loved the adventurous life that came with being a bounty hunter.

"Still, maybe I should stay there longer this time," Kyra muttered. "It'll be good to unwind. Get some rest and relaxation."

"Considering retiring then, are you?" said a voice.