• Published 8th Apr 2021
  • 465 Views, 20 Comments

Kyra Blade: Bounty Hunter - Kuromi Blue



Bounty hunting has been an interesting occupation. But now Kyra wants to retire. Unfortunately, Princess Luna has other ideas.

  • ...
4
 20
 465

Epilogue: Hearth Warming's Eve

The city was covered in a blanket of snow. Delicate white flakes drifted lazily to earth, and everywhere excited fillies and colts ran around, laughing as they tried to catch snowflakes on their tongues. Everywhere the shops and houses were dressed in holiday decor; lampposts were bright with ribbons and holly garlands, and every door was hung with a Hearth's Warming wreath.

This was a joyous time of winter, when ponies celebrated by gathering by firesides in their homes, with good food, stories to tell and carols to sing. Every day gifts were exchanged, and the air in Canterlot was sweet with the aroma of baked sweets and hot chocolate.

On this particular day, Kyra had been to one of the local coffee shops for a drop of hot chocolate and a plate of fresh-baked sugar cookies. Now seated on a bench in the city's park, she was content to watch the snowflakes tumble from the somewhat cloudy blue sky above.

Since retiring from being a bounty hunter, Kyra had taken some time to travel the rest of Equestria. She had seen rodeos in Appleoosa, visited the frigid north to the enchanted Crystal Empire, and had travelled to the famous Rainbow Falls before heading to the far west to see the city of Las Pegasus.

The best part of it by far though had not been the spectacular sights, but the interactions she'd had with the ponies she'd met along the way. Having spent most of her life only knowing the unpleasant side of pony society - a few choice encounters with the various bandit gangs she'd fought years before still made her grimace with disgust - it was refreshing to be able to speak with normal ponies for once.

Sipping her hot chocolate, Kyra once again found her thoughts gravitating towards a particular pony she had met not too long ago. Not for the first time, she wondered where Starlight Glimmer might be, and whether or not she was doing well.

Kyra only hoped Starlight had forgiven her for leaving her in Baltimare the way she did. Although it was necessary at the time, Kyra would have been lying if she said she had no regrets on the matter.

Finishing the last bit of her hot chocolate, Kyra stood up, walking several feet away and throwing her disposable cup into a trash can situated beneath a lamppost. With a sigh, she walked down the cobblestone sidewalk, being glad of the bright blue winter cloak and stockings she wore as a frigid wind swept past her, stinging her face with cold. Grumbling to herself, she quickened her pace, turning a corner and heading towards the welcoming lights of the local inn.

Stepping inside the building, she found the interior pleasantly warm and bright. Here and there, small groups of ponies were gathered, sitting on the comfortable furniture in the lobby or chatting at the counter in the dining area, while others were seated around the dining tables, laughing and talking.

However, as Starlight made her way to the stairs (she had paid for lodging earlier that day) a movement in the corner of her eye made her stop. Her heart began to race, and slowly she turned in the direction of it, hardly daring to breathe.

Standing about a dozen feet away beside a window, staring at her with eyes as big as saucers, was Starlight Glimmer.

Kyra blinked once. Then she blinked again, expecting Starlight to disappear just as quickly as she had appeared; unable to believe this was really happening. It couldn't be. It seemed impossible that she would find Starlight again so soon after going their separate ways.

However, while Kyra's brain was saying this was impossible, to her heart it didn't matter one way or the other.

Before she could stop herself, Kyra had closed the distance between them. Seconds away from being close enough, Starlight took two quick steps forward, pulling Kyra into tight squeeze - pressing her face into Kyra's soft, indigo mane. Oh Faust, it was so warm. Starlight had imagined the texture so many times over the past months but all her fantasies paled drastically in comparison to the real thing. The silky plushness of it as she rubbed her cheek against it; the sweet scent of it as she sniffed it.

"I've missed you so much."

Kyra said nothing - her heart was too full of emotions to speak. After a few moments however, she was able to find her voice. Suddenly aware of the fact that quite a few ponies were staring at them, Kyra cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Maybe we should take this conversation somewhere more private?' she suggested.

"All right," Starlight said, reluctantly pulling away. There was a cheeky smile on her face. "But don't think I'm letting you out of my sight for one second."

.....

The following morning found both mares still together in the room Kyra had rented. Kyra lay on her side, Starlight cradled between her forelegs, her face pressed into Kyra's chest fur. As the room gradually lightened with the rising sun, Kyra was content to lie still, listening to Starlight's soft breaths, the events of the previous night replaying in her mind, making her lower belly tingle with pleasant warmth.

The night before, the two had stayed awake well into the late hours of the night, each filling the other in on what they had been up to since they'd last seen each other. It was also then that Kyra confessed the real reason why she had come to the caverns to find Starlight all those months ago. Starlight had handled the news better than she'd expected, stating that she'd always suspected as much.

"Wait. So you're really not upset?" Kyra had asked incredulously.

"Nope," Starlight answered with a shrug. "You saved my life in those caverns, Kyra. I won't forget that. Although I was pretty upset when you left without saying goodbye."

Kyra grinned sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Starlight said. "You were just doing what you thought was best for my well-being. I can't be mad at you for trying to keep me safe."

Kyra blushed as Starlight leaned against her, once again rubbing her cheek against Kyra's soft chest fur. There was a look in her eyes that was making her feel hot all over, causing her mane to stand on end, becoming twice as fluffy.

"I never thanked you for it, you know. Saving my life and all that."

Kyra smiled. "And you'll never have to."

The words had only just left her mouth before Starlight kissed her fully on the lips. Kyra's mind went blank for a moment, and in that time Starlight managed to pin Kyra on her back without pulling away. Kyra let her. There was no way in Hell she was putting the brakes on now, and besides, they were already past the point of no return.

Kyra arched her back slightly as she recalled the memory, blushing as she remembered how incredible the rest of the night had been after that. Really, Kyra had to admit Starlight was a mare of many talents.

Kyra smiled, bending her head to plant a kiss on Starlight's horn tip - watching with amused affection as Starlight wriggled closer still in response, making a soft cooing noise.

.Kyra shut her eyes, the comforting warmth of Starlight the only thing she registered before falling back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Well, that's all, folks! Time to roll out the credits! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZ009DY1nc

Comments ( 4 )

Kyra smiled, bending her head to plant a kiss on Starlight's horn tip

This implies Starlights hor managed to heal after the Diamond Dogs damaged it?


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.

Small suggestion:
If you want to create a horizontal line use [hr].
This will create a line like the one above.

Another note:
Maybe Kyra should have suggested Starlight to change her name to show the world she is now a new mare.
At least, that's the argument Kyra is using. In truth this will also help protectiong both of them should Luna ever stumble upon Starlight by chance.

10767927
Yup. Those are very good suggestions. :twilightsmile: Also I'm thinking I may return to this story at a later time to try and edit and see if I can make it smoother as a whole. Because I think it's fine as it is, but at the same time I feel it's lacking something, like it could be better somehow. πŸ€” Anyway, I'm happy you enjoyed reading it all. :raritywink:

Ironic thing is that Starlight doesn't even have to think about revenge on the Mane 6. It's just going to naturally happen when Chrysalis enacts her plan later, and there is nobody to save them now. :rainbowlaugh: :raritycry:

Starlight gets to be happy with Kara, while the Mane 6 get to spend the rest of their lives cocooned and being fed off of.

10769094
Well, I'd hate to spoil plans I have for the sequel but... let's just say that doesn't happen. :raritywink:

Login or register to comment