• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 4,054 Views, 124 Comments

Walkin' With The Sun - CountDerpy



Will Darrell still love Tia... even though she is a pony princess?

  • ...
30
 124
 4,054

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Darrell awoke several hours later in a daze, his new body laying perfectly sandwiched between three layers of silk sheets and a large down comforter. It was late at night, judging from the darkness of the room and the snoring alicorn beside him. He rolled over and faced Tia, half expecting to see her normal human body lying next to him, but she was still a pony. As he tried to sit up and get out of bed, two long and lanky white hooves wrapped around him and pulled him back down. They lay there, Tia deep in her sleep and Darrell caught in her death grip. It’s not like he minded it, but it was still strange getting used to everything, a new world…a new body…a whole new life. All he knew is that as long as Tia would be there beside him to help him through it, he would be alright.

After several moments of struggling, he wiggled his way out of Tia’s hold and fell flat onto the floor. Tile was now his second least favorite wake up call. He stood and brushed himself off; the floor had obviously not been cleaned in several days judging from the amount of dust that clung to his coat. He walked quietly around the room, stumbling a few times as he adjusted to this new way of walking.

Tia’s room was not as nice as her flat back in Manhattan. There were a few trinkets here and there, a large vanity mirror where several large pieces of jewelry, which looked like heavy armor from his angle, lay and emitted a faint golden glow. He stared at them for a while, mesmerized by their glow, until he heard a ruffling from behind him.

He turned his head quickly and noticed two large curtains flowing gently in the wind that came in from off a balcony. He walked out onto the balcony, anxious to see how the world outside of Tia’s room looked. When he was little, and even now, Darrell had loved places with a view. Tia’s room had more than just a simple view.

The first thing he saw was a large and dense forest that covered most of the valley below the mountain that the palace stood upon. It was dark in most areas, a few clearings visible by the light of the full moon overhead. Off in the distance, about 10 miles by his calculations, was a small village by the edge of the forest. It wasn’t a very impressive sight, but still amazing to see. A few lights burned in a large building towards the center of the town. He could see a large farm on the north side of town, and a small cottage right on the edge of the forest. He continued to scan the country side, until his eye fell on a large floating city above the forest. This city seemed to be floating on…well rather made of clouds. On one end of the floating city sat what Darrell assumed to be a large factory surrounded by storm clouds, snow storms and releasing a waterfall of rainbow colored liquid, the other side was balanced out by a mass of tall buildings and a large coliseum. It was beautiful.

“Our night is also beautiful, is it not?” A voice called out from a balcony that sat just one story below and slightly to the right of the one that Darrell stood on, causing him almost to jump right over the edge. He regained his balance and peered over the edge to see the source of the voice.

A dark blue alicorn stood very still on the railing of the balcony. Her mane was long and flowing, blending in well with the dark midnight sky. Silvery stars were weaved into each strand of hair. Her face was stern and unwavering, focused on the moon above. She was clad in black and silver armor-like jewelry, a small black tiara on the top of her head.

She glanced to him. “Is it not?”

“Y-yes, it’s one of the most beautiful nights I have ever seen.” Darrell replied uneasily. He glanced back at the alicorn, who was no longer standing where she was. She was not even on the balcony anymore. He turned back around, assuming she had gone inside, and came face to face with the dark alicorn. He stumbled back and fell on his flank, gaining a small giggle from the mare.

“Sister was right, you humans are jumpy.” She giggled as she held out a hoof to help him up.

He took hold of her hoof and quickly stood. “Sister?”

“Celestia never told you about us?” She asked

“No, Tia never mentioned having a sister.”

The mare began to pout and speak in the same volume Tia used when she was mad. “How could she meet someone and not tell them about her own family!”

“Well, I don’t think she really wanted me to know about this world yet. Seeing as you already know about me, this will make introductions a lot less... loud.”

“We are sorry about that, but it is not screaming. It is just simply the traditional royal Canterlot voice.” She said calmly, her blue eyes now focused in on him like lasers. “And our name is Luna, Princess of the Night and Keeper of the Stars!”

Great, she’s a show boater….

“I do not know what this… “show boater” is….but it does not sound like a compliment” Luna snapped as her gaze darkened.

Darrell gulped. “Great, you’re a mind reader now too?”

“We are more than just that, Darrell. We know your innermost secrets and darkest desires.”

“…..I call bullshit.” Darrell said, his own eyes locking in a glare war with Luna. He began to sweat as hers lowered to where it was almost a closed eyed stare, not seen but still there.

She walked closer to him and then pressed the bottom of her hoof to his muzzle. “Boop!”

Darrell jumped back. “What the fuck was that?”

Luna giggled. “Come now, Darrell. We are only trying to have a bit of fun with you. Tia did say that you humans are cute when you are mad, even if you are an alicorn now.”

“Yeah, well. It’s not like I asked for this. This is just…..well it’s freaking insane is what it is. It’s bizarre! It’s deranged! It’s….it’s….”

“Unbelievable?”

“Exactly!” He said, leaning up against the railing of the balcony, his head resting on the cold gold and ivory. “It’s…… it just can’t be happening.”

Luna sat beside him. “Well, it is happening and with no regards to if you like it or not. This is your new life and you have to accept it.“ Luna glanced up at the sky. "It is almost time for the sun to be raised."

“That it is dear sister.” Darrell turned around and looked to Tia. She was standing very still, her eyes fixated on the sky above her. She glanced down at them and snickered. “Getting a little cozy with my stallion, aren't you Luna?”

“ARE YOU INSANE!” Luna jumped up, her face blushing bright red. "WE WOULD NEVER!"

Celestia giggled. "You are terrible at lying Luna."

Luna growled and jumped back down to her balcony. "Just raise the sun vile woman so we can get to sleep!"

"Whatever you say, little sis." Celestia closed her eyes and raised her horn to the sky. It's normal light yellow glow turned into the brightest white that Darrell had ever seen. It was nearly blinding, with all the fury and power of staring straight into the sun for 3 hours straight, but in an instant. Darrell watched as a bolt of magic shot off from the end of her horn and disappeared into the heavens. As if pulled by a lasso, the moon began a fast decent towards the horizon in the west as the first rays of daylight began to break over the dark forest to the east. It took less than 20 seconds for the sun to rise to it's position in the early morning sky. Darrell didn't want to admit it, but he had never seen such a beautiful sight back in the human world, and he has seen everything from Niagara Falls to Mount Everest.

Celestia lowered her head, the glow fading from around her horn as she turned to go back into the room. "I've been raising the sun for a thousand years and I always get such a headache from doing it."

Darrell looked at her confused. "Ok, I believe that this isn't earth and that your a goddamn pony princess who can raise the sun, but there is no way in hell that your a thousand years old."

"Well technically I'm one thousand and twenty-six years old, but a thousand still sounds better." She glanced over to him and noticed that his knees were beginning to buckle just a tiny bit. "Darrell....I swear to me if you pass out again I will kick you in the nads."

Darrell snapped back from his state of semi consciousness at the threat of bodily harm, his knees regaining their strength. "No need to get violent Tia."

"Well, I am sorry if I don't want my lover passing out every time he hears something new." She pouted just a bit.

"Well it's kind of hard to stay conscious when.... Oh I don't know.... your entire life has been flipped upside down in the matter of a few days!"

"Ok, damn. No need to be screaming like a banshee."

"I'm not screaming. What did your sister call it.....the traditional royal Canterlot voice or something like that." Darrell snapped, his eyes falling to the ground. He didn't mean to snap at her, but his situation made it nearly impossible. It's how any sane person would react to this sort of thing. He stood there for several moments, half expecting to feel a hoof slap him across the face, but was shocked to hear only a lighthearted chuckle come from the tall alicorn.

Celestia moved over to him, her form still towering over him by nearly a foot. "Oh, being a smart ass I see?" She placed a hoof on his head, the edge just resting on the side of his horn. Darrell had no idea why, but he felt a sort of ecstasy from the slightest touch of his horn, nearly orgasmic in nature. "Well I know a certain smart ass who won't be getting any if he doesn't shut up."

Darrell had this maneuver used on him several times, and it was always enough to shut him up for hours on end sometimes. He just stood there, silent and focused on her.

She returned his silence with a wicked grin. "Good boy. Now, let us get a carriage ready. I have business I must attend to in Ponyville and I assume that you would like to get better acquainted with your surroundings. Now the question is how am I going to pass you off in a way that won't raise to much suspicion."

The both stood there for several moments, Darrell silent and Celestia deep in thought. The pair did not move a single inch until Tia nearly jumped into the air. "I've got it! Quick, follow me!"

Celestia took off a record speed down the hallway, Darrell following after her trying his best to keep up with her pace. It was nearly impossible to follow her as she turned down several hallways that lead deeper into what Darrell assumed to be a castle larger than the Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings, and even that might be a stretch. Eventually, he caught up to her standing outside a large red door with a golden shield engraved into the wood. On one side of the door stood a white unicorn clad in golden armor and on the other stood a dark pony with bat-like wings clad in black and purple armor. Both held tight to a large broadsword and stood at a perfect attention. Darrell was fighting the urge to do to them what he did to the guards in England, although he figured someone had done that in the past.

The door opened wide as a taller black unicorn walked through followed by several more of the white unicorn guards. He wasn't ripped, but he was still more muscular than Darrell assumed most other ponies were. Then again these were the first ponies he had seen beside Tia's sister.

Celestia walked closer to the stallion. "Lieutenant, I have a request of you."

The stallion bowed slightly. "What is it, Princess?"

"I would like for you to find a suitable set of non-enchanted armor for my new personal guard here." Celestia lifted her hoof and pointed at Darrell. The Lieutenant moved over to Darrell, his eyes drifting over every inch of him, taking mental measurements in his head. After several moments the stallion returned to his position in front of Celestia, her eyes falling upon him. "Well?"

"We may have something that could fit him, probably lunar guard armor until we can have a custom set made. May I inquire, Princess, when did another alicorn enter the Royal Guard Corps.?"

"He is not part of the Guard Corps., Lieutenant. He was appointed to be my guard by me because of his outstanding nonmilitant bodyguard credentials. That is all the information you need to know. Retrieve the armor for me at once."

"Yes, Your Highness." He gave a quick kneeling bow before darting back into the room as fast as he could. Darrell stared at Celestia for a few moments, finding her power overwhelming....yet sexy at the same time. After a few minutes, the guard came back carrying several large pieces of golden armor. It was much larger than the other ponies where wearing and was covered in a few small amethysts embedded deep into the gold plating. The stallion sat the armor down at Celestia's hooves and backed away. "I was able to find an older set of solar guard armor that should fit him pretty well. We can have him come back tomorrow and our blacksmith will be in and we can get his measurements for better fitting armor."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. I will send over some personal specifications for your blacksmith when I send him over tomorrow. That will be all for now. You are dismissed." Celestia gave a small salute to the Lieutenant and turned her attention back to Darrell. She levitated the armor up to eye level and moved closer to him. "Hold still, this may be a bit of a tight fit."

Darrell stood still as the large pieces of armor slid over his body. They were all a tight fit, his head and wings barely able to slip inside the armor, the cold golden metal constricting certain parts of his body. He was uncomfortable just to say the least.

Celestia stood back and looked him over. "Well, it's mare's armor...but It will do for today."

"Oh great!" Darrell sighed loudly." So not only do I have to be uncomfortable, but I have to be dressed as a girl!"

Celestia's face curled up into a wicked grin, her horn's glow beginning to darken from it's normal yellow glow to nearly blood red. "If you want to keep complaining, I can make you a girl." She said with an evil laugh.

Darrell's eyes went wide at the sheer power that was radiating outward from Tia's body. "T-that's ok, I'll shut up now."

The glow of her horn faded away as her grin became a softer smile. "Good, now let us get to a carriage and get over to Ponyville. I cannot wait to show you off to my faithful student and her friends."

Darrell nodded slowly, but on the inside his mind was contemplating what horrors and embarrassments were to come his way. If it wasn't for the threat of bodily harm or gender bending he would have passed out hours ago, but in a state of fear anyone could power through their bodies urges, and although on the outside he was silent and smiling, he was screaming in insanity on the inside.

Celestia smiled at him again. "Let us depart."

Author's Note:

Ok this was an odd chapter...but they are going to alternate from now on between oddball and romantic and so forth. Get used to it

~CountDerpy