• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 710 Views, 6 Comments

Retirement In Equestria - Movingtarget Productions

  • ...
7
 6
 710

Chapter 5: New best friend and Shit gettin' weirder

3 days after Thomas’s discovery….
Date: Monday, June 29, 2031
Time: 13:32
Status: CARS BITCH!!

Thomas was under the 2011 F-150 draining the oil because it was due, but because there wasn’t a Valvoline or Midus around, he had gone onto YouTube and had his tablet next to him and had just unscrewed the bolt that kept oil where it belongs when his phone vibrated with a text message causing him to get oil all over his face. “SON OF A BITCH!” he yelled out while sliding out. He then took out his LG K31 and unlocked it then he checked his inbox. “Huh, Spring Breeze sent a text.” He said out loud while opening the message.

‘Hello?’ the text said.

‘Oh. Finally using the phone? Good going!’ he typed and sent it.

2 days earlier...
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2031
Time: 08:30 AM
Status: darts, darts, and pones

Thomas woke up way earlier than he wanted to because he was in a VERY uncomfortable position on the couch. After getting up and went to the bathroom, he fired up his Keurig, threw in a coffee pod, and made himself a large cup of coffee. After doctoring it, he sat back on the couch and turned on WTOL 11 and watched until he heard the sound of hoofsteps on the vinyl planks, he turned around to see Spring Breeze walking into the living room, “Good Morning Spring. How are you?” Thomas asked after sipping his coffee.

“Very tired. But im doing fine. How are you?” Spring replied

“Same. just sittin’ here mindin’ my own business.” Thomas said then took another sip of coffee before setting it on the coffee table and getting up. “Im going downstairs to clean up last night’s dart fight, want to help?” he asked while walking to the door leading to the basement.

“Sure why not.” she replied as she followed Thomas downstairs.

When they went down and into the rec room, they saw one hell of a mess. Darts were everywhere, for some reason an empty glass Coca-Cola bottle, the dart guns and mags were in odd places, batteries were lying on the ground, so much needed to be done. "Well, got a bit of work ahead of us." Then in a deep tone of voice, he quoted the slogan for The Home Depot, "Lets do this."

later………….

Thomas put the last Box O' Darts on a shelf in the closet while Spring swept a corner then put the broom down. "Done!" They both said in unison which made them both laugh.

"I think I'm gonna like my time here. I may be in my 30's but I got a lot of time ahead of me. Gotta make the most of it." He stated while closing the doors to the closet.

"I'm quite curious, what is your world like?" Spring asked.

"Well, the area I lived in was in the countryside. 20 minute drive to any of the neighboring towns or cities. Closest I know of is Toledo Ohio. City's great and all but the crime rate is sky high." Thomas said.

"What kind of crime? Hope nothing REALLY bad."

"Rather not open that can of worms."

"Oh. Why though?"

"Because the author is trying to keep it rated Teen!" Pinkie Pie randomly said out of nowhere.

"JESUS CHRIST PINKIE!" Thomas exclaimed. "Well there goes my heart rate."

"What author?" Spring asked EXTREMELY confused.

"I don't have a fucking clue." Thomas replied.

The 2 then went back upstairs to have a quick lunch.
"Hey Thomas, can I ask something?" Spring asked.

"Sure, what's up?" Thomas replied while fishing out a bag of Tater-Tots out of the freezer.

"I was wondering if I can start coming here often, this place may be a bit alien'ish but it feels like a second home to me. Would that be OK?"

Thomas stopped when he heard those words. "I'm glad you feel that way about this home, and yes, you may come here as much as you like. And I might teach you how to use a cell phone so that I can get a heads up when you're dropping by, no pun intended."

Spring then sprang up from her seat and gave Thomas a hug, "Thank you." She whispered in his ear. She then broke the hug and went back to the table, "So what's for lunch?"

"Leftover pizza and Tater-Tots. Kinda like hash browns but are shaped into little cylinders." Thomas said as he dumped a small amount onto a small pan then put it into his Hamilton Beach confection oven and set it.

"That sounds good."

After lunch, Thomas taught her how to use a cell phone then fished out and unused Samsung Galaxy J5, set it up, activated the number, then gave the phone to her. Then she went back to her place and Thomas went to go find his lawn mower. After finding it, he grabbed the keys for his Crown Vic and that's when weird shit started happening, first when he went to get in, he heard a coughing sound, it sounded close and female, then after he started the engine he had more controls on his panel, then what really set things off was when it shifted into drive and rolled out on its own. That scared him to the point where he jumped out of the car and made a beeline for his home. After slamming the door shut, he heard the sound of an engine and it got louder until it stopped. He then looked into the garage and saw his car right where it is supposed to be. "What the hheelllllll????" Was all he could say as he went back inside and fired up his computer and started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 for the next hour or so. Meanwhile in the garage the Crown Vic was now talking to it- no, HERself, "How am I able to do what I did?" She decided to not think about it any further and went back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Well this was a pain in the neck. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!