• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 702 Views, 6 Comments

Retirement In Equestria - Movingtarget Productions

  • ...
7
 6
 702

Chapter 7: An accident, An apple breakfast and A hope for a better tomorrow

Date: Tuesday, June 31, 2031
Time: 5:00 AM
Status: There goes the fucking water heater.

Golden Gears FINALLY woke up and looked around the bedroom. On one wall is a picture of a strange bipedal standing next to a strange-looking train that had AMTRAK written on the side in blue lettering. On the wall in front of him was a large black rectangle mounted on the wall. Another wall had a little cabinet housing a small strange train with small odd carriages. He got out of the king-size bed and opened the door and walked into the hallway. He walked into the living room and saw the same biped asleep on the couch. He then walked into the den and looked at the furnace and water heater. The water heater looked like it needed some work so he crept into the garage and hid when the garage door opened, the red carriage came to life, and backed out of the garage and left. Golden then grabbed the toolbox and began tampering with the water heater. He over-tuned it to the point where it burst out of its spot and shot out of the window like a missile and impacted the ground with enough noise that Golden Harvest and Applejack got woken up along with Thomas as he fell off the couch. Thomas runs into the garage and shuts off the water as Victoria comes blazing up the driveway, with AJ and Golden Harvest charging up 5 minutes later, AJ slams into Victoria’s rear bumper and lands back first on her roof.

“What the fuck happened here?! And why in god’s name is there a smoking water heater jammed into the ground like a gnome?!” Victoria asked in a panicked voice.

“That was my fault,” Golden said, “I didn’t know what it was and thought it was something needing upgrading.”

“You are forgiven. Word of advice though, read the warning labels before tampering with something.” Thomas said. He then saw AJ getting off Vic’s roof just as a modification from the heater snapped off and clocked her in the face, Golden Harvest poked her a few times and she was out COLD. Thomas loaded everyone into Victoria and drove AJ and Golden Harvest back home.

“Sorry again about that cylinder.” Golden said as he poked at the radio controls.

“It's fine. But do you mind helping me install a new one? I have a new one on hand. Or hoof in your case.”

“Sure! Maybe I can also use this place to work on my inventions?" He asked excitedly.

"Just don't dissect one of my cars and we are good." Thomas said as he felt Victoria shudder.

“So what is this machine we are in? I'm quite curious.” Golden asked.

“There's a few names for this one, Automobile, Car, Sedan, Crown Victoria, and this one’s name is Victoria. I don’t remember when she gained life but I took it in stride saying as she is my baby and very much harmless.” Thomas said while patting Vic’s dashboard.

“Damn straight.” She said proudly.

“Well nice to meet you Victoria, I’m Golden Gears,” He then turned to Thomas, “You?”

“Thomas. Or Tom, or Tommy,” He said and heard Victoria giggle, which sounded pretty cute, “Cute giggle Vic.” he said and chuckled.

“Oh stop.” Vic said playfully.

The group laughed as Vic stopped in front of the Apple’s farmhouse. Granny happened to be in her rocking chair.

“So this is one of those machines Ah’ve been hearin’ about.” Granny said.

“I’m the talking one. Name’s Victoria, your’s?” Victoria asked in her typical cheery voice.

“Granny Smith. A pleasure to make yer acquaintance. What brings ya out here?”

Thomas stepped out. “Applejack got KO’ed by a flying piece of a modification Golden Gears here put on my water heater, we brought her back.”

“That was mighty kind of ya. Would you like to join us for breakfast?” Granny offered.

“I don’t see why not. I haven’t eaten yet today.” Thomas said as he helped Golden Harvest and Golden Gears haul AJ inside while Victoria parked in the barn.

Later on, Thomas and Golden were heading back to the house in Victoria.

“So what is it like where you come from?” Golden asked.

“It’s something alright. Many cars on the roads, advances in technology like communication,” Thomas said while pointing at the cell phone in his Cuphone and the Answer and Decline buttons on Vic’s steering wheel, “Traffic control, like traffic lights and road signs, computers became a thing in the 1950s and the Desktop came in the 80’s/90’s, we traveled to the moon, navigation became easier with Google maps and Garmins. There’s a LOAD of things back home that keep me entertained.”


“Your world sounds very interesting. I wish I could visit it.” Golden said.

“One day,” Thomas said as Victoria pulled up to the house and Thomas stepped out along with Golden who more fell out than stepped out, “Ready to install a water heater?”

“Sure am!” Golden said excitedly.

It took till about 14:00 for the duo to finish the installation of a new water heater. Thomas collapsed on the couch with his controller in hand. Golden sat beside him and watched as Thomas turned on his Xbox and opened up YouTubeTV and set the channel to FreeForm which was showing Despicable Me. He then went, made coffee and popcorn, sat back down, and began enjoying the movie with Golden asking questions along the way.

After a movie marathon that lasted till 23:00, Thomas led Golden back to the same room he was in the night before.

“Hey Thomas, thanks again for forgiving me.” Golden said as he brushed his teeth after being taught how to operate a Spinbrush.

“What friends are for. I never thought I’d see the day where I’d end up in Equestria with a talking car-”

“I HEARD THAT!” Victoria yelled.

“-and immediately gaining the trust of the townsfolk and getting an actual group of friends.” Thomas said.

“This is Equestria, prepare for a lot of surprises.” Golden said.

“Yep. Well goodnight Golden, see you tomorrow.” Thomas said as he went to bed. Golden did the same. Both preparing for what the future holds.

Author's Note:

And another done. Nuff said