• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 702 Views, 6 Comments

Retirement In Equestria - Movingtarget Productions

  • ...
7
 6
 702

Chapter 2 Ponies and the modern world

Author's Note:

4th wall break warning!

Thomas woke up in his bedroom, hurting a bit. “Ugh. I hurt. And I require coffee.” He got up and walked out of his bedroom and walked into the living room seeing 3 ponies fast asleep on the couch, piled on one another. Heh, they look cute sleeping like that, well I might as well get coffee and get on Forza. After getting coffee, Thomas got a chair and one of those trays you use when sitting on the couch and attached his racing wheel to it and hooked up the pedals and controller then plugged the setup into the Xbox, he popped the game into the disc drive and began playing. After about 3 hours of play, Thomas heard Winter getting off the couch and walked next to him and watched in awe. “Like what I'm playing Winter?”

“Huh? Oh yes, wait ‘playing’? You’re interacting with it?” Winterbow asked in astonishment.

"Yep, behold the power of Infrared signals and USB," Thomas said while holding out his arms in a T Pose.
“U-S-B? What’s that stand for?” Winterbow asked.

“Universal Searial Bus. No not the kind your thinking. Whole different thing,” Thomas said while yanking his wheel to the right, steering a 97’ GMC Vandra in an MLP livery, “Weeeee!”

“Oh, okay. So, I wish to know if you would like us 4 over for dinner?” Winterbow asked,

“Sure. wait 4? There are only 3 of you,” Thomas said while getting up and walking to the linen closet behind the front door to get a blanket.

“I want you to meet my other friend. What’s that for?”

“The others are sleeping ever so peacefully. It’s cute” Thomas said while putting the blanket on them then he whipped out his phone and took a picture then sent it to his printer. “I also took a picture and I’ll put it on paper in a bit.”

“Oh okay…” Winter said while looking at the strange rectangular device on the coffee table. Just then, Weather Pressure woke up and carefully slid off the couch, and then looked at the duo.

“What did I miss?” He asked while walking towards the two.

“Eh, nothin’ much, telling Winter about some of the wonders of the modern world where I’m from.”

“Oh cool.”

Then the doorbell was rung and Thomas picked up his phone and opened the Ring app, changed the cam to doorbell, and saw a dark purple, more like maroon, pegasus with a pink mane and tail. “Anyone know who the pony that’s outside?” He then showed the phone to the two.

“Oh that’s Lucky’s twin sis Ebony,” Winter said while looking at the phone in awe.

“Ok, then I’ll let her in,” Thomas said before holding the ‘talk’ button on the phone and said, “Hi, welcome, and come on in,” he then hit a button, and the deadbolt unlocked remotely, and Ebony walked in and noticed the human and got into a charging position

That's when Lucky woke up and jumped in front of Thomas, "CALM DOWN SIS! HE'S ON OUR SIDE!"

Meanwhile…


The Mane 6 were trotting on the road to Sweet Apple Acers when they heard a LOUD voice that sounded like Lucky Sparks.

“Wasnt that Lucky ah heard?” Applejack asked as the group approached the driveway to Thomas’s house tucked in the woods that came with his plot of land. Because she wasn’t looking where she was going, she slammed into Thomas’s mailbox. “What in tarnation was that?!” she said while rubbing her muzzle.

“It looks like a mailbox but what is on its side?” Twilight asked then trotted to the box and read out loud, “Thomas Matthew CTC LLC CEO 15000 S. River Rd, Wood County, Ohio. What? Where was this place and is this where it came from? We need to investigate. Applejack, come with me.” And the duo trotted up the black driveway and saw 2 carriages that looked like they were moved without somepony in front and they approached the structure they were in before hearing the sound of an alarm sounding off, “Somepony must not want us near these carriages.”

Back in the house with the other 5

Things had calmed down and everyone was sitting at the dining room table when Thomas’s laptop sounded off with the security alarm, “NOW whos trying to bust into the garage?” Thomas said while going to get a taser from his room and snuck out the front door and then he saw a purple alicorn and an orange-ish earth pony and about fainted.

“Wait what do you mean, you are sitting in front of a laptop listening to “She’s Country” by Jason Aldean,”

“Oh great here the fuck we go. What do you want?”

“To interrupt the story. Because that’s what I do! I broke the 4th wall for a show for a living before it ended.”

“CUT IT OUT! LET’S GET BACK TO THE FUCKING STORY!
“...”
“Thank you. Oh well, chapter over. Till next time.”