• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 7,545 Views, 111 Comments

Midnight's Arrow - Hydreigon_Omega



I am stuck in equestria as a shiny rowlet. It’s not all that bad, at least I am Luna’s favorite pet now.

  • ...
23
 111
 7,545

Chapter 2

Arrow was awoken to the sound of unladylike snoring. The shiny rowlet was a little confused about his surroundings at first, but he came to realize that what happened last night wasn’t a dream. When he turned around, Arrow saw Luna all sprawled across her bedside in not-so-peaceful slumber.

“Brr!” (Hey! Wake up.) Arrow said as he tried to rock Luna awake

“Nrghh.” Luna groaned, “Five more minutes sister.”

“Hrm!” (Wake up!)

“Nooo. I don’t wanna.”

Arrow sighed, if he was going to make her get out of bed it won’t be by pestering her like a cat, that’s for sure.

“*inhale* SQUAWK!” (WAKE UP ALREADY!) Arrow yelled, or rather squawked, at the top of his lungs.

Luna jolted awake, almost catapulting Arrow across the room when she did. Her mane was a mess, and her eyes looked as if she had just been spooked awake…

Oh wait, she was just spooked awake...

“Brrr.” (Morning sleepy head) Arrow cooed at her.

“You didn’t have to scream at me to wake me up.”

“Coo” (Yes I did!) Arrow protested to the groggy princess

Luna grumbled as she slowly woke up. Walking over to her bed stand, she grasped her hairbrush in her magic before she began fixing her hair. Applying the final touches to her mane, Luna's stomach rumbled a bit. A small blush crept over her face as, even in her time, such a sound wasn’t fit for a princess.

“You’re probably hungry too,” Luna asked, “Isn’t that the reason why you woke me up?”

“Hmm?” Arrow hummed in slight confusion, ‘I guess I am hungry.’ He thought to himself.

“Stay here while I get you something.”

“Crr” (No, I am coming with you.)

Luna didn’t seem to understand him that time, so she began to slowly close the door behind her. Arrow ran and jumped through the closing crevice of the door. Normally this would be the part where he would try to sneak around and surprise Luna, but he failed to stick the landing. Arrow’s round body sent him rolling across the hall like a ball that a kid had accidentally lost.

Luna was surprised at the tiny owl’s determination to stay with her, though she was happy that she didn’t accidentally hurt him in his endeavor. Sighing, Luna picked up the rowlet and put him right behind her.

“Stay.” Luna demanded

“Hoo.” (No.)

Luna only managed to take a few steps forwards before she realized that the mint colored owl continued to follow her. When she looked at him, he only responded with a “hm?” sound. Over and over again she told him to stay there but he would just continue to follow her with his short bird legs.

“You’re not going to stay put are you?”

“Brr.” (Yup.) Arrow nodded

Luna sighed before picking him up in her magic, this time he was a little less scared. “Then let’s make this easier of the both of us.” She set him on top of her back, allowing her to carry him where they went, “If you wanted to go with me you should’ve said something.”

“Brr-Rrr” (But I did.) Arrow chirped very disgruntled

Arrow rode down the hall on Luna’s back. The regal interior was spacious and perfect for learning to fly, or Arrow was just really small. Luna managed to catch a few of the less disciplined guards looking confused at the mint colored owl on her back, she will have to have a talk with them later.

As they were nearing their destination, the familiar scent of pancakes being made could be smelled. Luna took a turn as she made sure Arrow stayed on her back after feeling him rock to the side slightly. Luna stopped in front of two doors, where the smell was coming from. Luna seemed a bit hesitant, but she opened the door.

“Good morning Luna.” An unseen voice said, “It’s not everyday you join me for breakfast.”

“Good morning sister,” Luna replied in a still half awake voice, “I hope you don’t mind me bringing a friend with us to eat.”

“A friend? Who would that be?”

Luna grabbed Arrow in her magic, placing him at the edge of the table. An alabaster mare looked confusedly at the mint colored owl who was staring back at her equally confused. Was this really Luna’s sister? They look nothing alike!

“Did you seriously bring a wild bird into the castle, Luna?”

“He broke his wing!” Luna replied frustratedly , “I couldn’t just leave him there.”

“I’ll let it slide, but you will have to release him when he has recovered.” Celestia replied, keeping a friendly yet stoic face, “Needless to say, you may want to take him to a veterinarian. He does seem a bit overweight.”

“BRRU!” (You’re one to talk!) Arrow chirped angrily at her hypocrisy towards his weight

“Luna,” Celestia said with a confused look, “I think your owl just insulted me.”

Luna just giggled as she had a vague idea of what Arrow said. Illuminating her horn, Luna brought the spare set of pancakes over to herself. Arrow stood amazed that the tower of pancakes was almost as tall as he was. As much as he wanted to take a bite, Arrow didn’t want to ruin such perfection. The pancakes looked as if she had spent a thousand years practicing to consistently make the perfect pancakes.

A while passed as the sisters continued to eat. It had been a long time since Luna had shared such a large meal with her sister. Only a single bite of the delightful delicacy remained, and Luna saw Arrow attraction towards the pancakes. Celestia had already left to perform her royal duties, so Luna didn’t risk any potential ridicule from her sister.

Luna grabbed the fork in her magic, as she put the last bite of pancake on it. Luna dragged the fork through the air to see what his reaction would be. Wherever it went, Arrow’s head would turn to keep his target in sight. After humoring herself for a bit, Luna moved the fork in front of him, but not close enough to eat off it.

She raised the fork up and down making Arrow do a slow nodding motion to follow it. Luna stopped her magical movements as she placed the fork back to its position, Arrow made two quick nods almost like he was saying “Yes, give me!” She couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle towards his humorous display before she gave him his long awaited bite of pancake.Arrow bit over it, taking the entire bite of pancake into his tiny beak. When his taste buds hit the pancake, he was overtaken by the delicious taste of the sweet treat.

“You’re such a cute little owl, Arrow” Luna said, “I wish I could keep you forever, but I have to return you some day.”

“Hm?” (I don’t see why you can’t keep me.) Arrow said, (I actually kind of like you.)

“Maybe in a few years you’ll come back and possibly show me your new family and your little owlets.”

“Huhm?” (But I’m not going anywhere.)

“Anyways, we need to pick you out a bird swing for you while you are here.” Luna said as she placed the mint owl onto her back, “Come, we shall go and see what the store has for you.”

‘Looks like I don’t have much of a choice, at least I don’t mind it.’ Arrow thought, ‘Luna really is a good friend, even if she can’t understand me. Perhaps I should just settle down as her pet until I am able to talk with them properly.’

Is this really worth it though? Being treated as a pet just because you can’t speak to another being. While one part of him demanded to find a way to speak to Luna, the other and equally as reasonable part of him said that it wouldn’t be possible for the longest of times.

Maybe this would really be the best option for Arrow? He didn’t have anywhere to go. He wasn’t even sure if he was the only Pokémon. Arrow tried to reason with himself if this was truly a good idea, but something in his gut told him that he was sent here for a reason. Yet everything from before the day of his initial encounter with Luna came up blank. All except one name, “Discord.”