• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 1,358 Views, 15 Comments

The Return - SoulstringsReburn



Jason decides to take a trip back to Equestria after many years

  • ...
3
 15
 1,358

A Foalhood Friend

Twilight arrived to the Everfree forest just in time to see it vanish before her very eyes. no explosion, no magic pulse, just poof, gone. There was, however, Zecora's hut in the distance in one direction, and the Everfree Castle in the other. Though the castle looked a lot more... in tact? The lazers were gone at the least, and it seemed to take the Everfree forest with it. But how could anything be powerful enough to remove a forest of Chaos magic? Even Celestia herself could not do it. Thoughts ran through her brain until she noticed a pony in the distance, very close to the old castle. "Who is that pony?" she wondered, "Could they be the cause of this? How did they have this much power?"

~~~

It was a particularly warm and peaceful night upon Ponyville. Celestia noted that there were no lasers above Ponyville. She thought it was just her faithful student hallucinating due to lack of sleep from studying some bizarre topic. That was until she noticed that the Everfree forest was missing. That was not something you see everyday. She had a clear view the Everfree castle. She landed on the edge of the now Everfree Valley. She found her royal student nearby.

"Twilight, I am afraid to ask, but do you know what happened here?" Celestia asked.

"I wish I could tell you, but you know about as much as I do, Princess. Though, there is a pony over there that showed up after this happened, maybe he knows something."

There was in fact a pony in the distance, a very familiar looking pony. They were walking towards where Celestia and Twilight were standing. Celestia recognized him.

"It can't be...." Celectia nearly whispered in surprise and possibly a bit of fear.

"What is it Princess? Do you know them?"]

Jason was close enough where Celestia could see him clearly. Same lime green mane, though it was a bit more curly than she remembered, same teal coat, same deep brown eyes, but his right forehoof was metal. She noticed how it seemed to function exactly like a normal forehoof, and how Matthew didn't seemed bothered by it. A genuine smile formed on his face when he noticed Celestia.

"Tia, is that really you? You have grown so much " Jason inquired in a chipper tone.

"You seem to have grown too, Matthew. It has been nearly 9,000 years since I had last seen you!" Celestia had exclaimed.

That sentence reminded Jason (Matt) the difference in the passage of time between this world and his own.

"Yeah, but I must say it is great to be back. Last time I saw you, you were a little foal, I remember that I could hold you in my arms. Anyway, I'd love to see how much the kingdom has grown over the years. Also, I want to know what happened to the Everfree kingdom, is there an explanation on that?"

Celestia thought about telling him, but decided just to say, "that is a story for another time."

Jason chuckled "Fair enough."

Twilight decided to bud in "Celestia, who is this? And why are they an Alicorn like you? I thought only Princesses could be Alicorns.

Celestia and Jason (Matt) shared a laugh at that statement.

Jason replied with, "Princes can be alicorns too, it is just a little more uncommon. Anyway, who might you be?"

Twilight proudly introduced herself, "I am Twilight Sparkle, personal Student of Princess Celestia."

"Wow, so you are the personal student of my younger sister here?"

Twilight didn't know how to respond to that. her mind was racing with thoughts again such as, "Celestia had another sibling? Why have I never heard about this? He is older than Celestia?!"

"I think I broke her" Jason (Matt) joked, "I also can contact some of the other Alicorns from Lauren's class. I got contact with Zach, Lucas and his girlfriend Ayla, Amy, Juan, I think you get the point."

That sentence broke Twilight even more, she could not find the words to say or thoughts to think.

Celestia nodded slightly and made a noise that con only be described as "mm." Celestia thought about something for a moment. "You will stay with me and Luna in the Canterlot castle if those terms are acceptable to you.

"Sounds good Tia, is that nearby or will I get to stretch my wings for a bit?" Jason had asked

"It is a large distance from here, but I am sure you are capable of flying with me" Celestia confidently stated.

"Sounds good. By the way, I left Equestria when Luna was only a few months old, so do you think she'll remember me?"

"Well, brother of mine, there is only one way to find out."