• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 1,357 Views, 15 Comments

The Return - SoulstringsReburn



Jason decides to take a trip back to Equestria after many years

  • ...
3
 15
 1,357

A faded memory (prologue)

Jason looked over the world he was creating. It seemed to be coming together so perfectly, filling him with glee. There is no better feeling than the joy of creation. If any of his creations could actually see him, they would be able to see the wide grin on his face, but they didn't even have the knowledge that he existed. Jason was content with that as long as his world remained peaceful. Jason decided to pop into his pocket dimension to get some sleep. He laid down under the covers of his bed and drifted off into the world of dreams and memories.

Matthew was stumbling over his hooves. He would still have to get used to this, what were they called again? alicorn? yeah, he would still have to get used to his alicorn body. A light teal coat, lime green mane and tail, and his signature deep brown eyes, a horn on his head and wings on his back. Lauren Faust created a world of true beauty and opened it up to many. Any human who crossed over became an alicorn for the duration of their stay in this pony world. This concept was so cool to little 4 year old Matthew. Soon enough, he would figure out how to use this body, be taught magic, and even how to fly! All of these concepts were like a dream to him, and here he was, living the dream.
~~~~

"huh, that was my first day in Equestria... It seems so long ago.... I am 15 now, probably ancient in pony years. I wonder what other memories I have in here" Jason had said to himself as he ran through his memories in his time of sleep.
~~~~

Matthew was doing it, he was flying. He felt the gentle breeze on his face and his mane blowing in the wind. There was a happy smile on his face as he soared through the skies. He recalled that he could lay on clouds, he always wanted to do that. Matthew found a fluffy little cloud, snuggled up on it, and went to sleep.
~~~

"That was my first week. I was so happy back then. those times made me the person I am today."
~~~

Matthew was now levitating small rocks in the air as he practiced magic. The mere action filled him with joy, causing him to giggle. He truly was a happy child. Other spells were practiced, such as healing. Matthew was told it would be helpful if he ever got hurt playing. This was told to everyone who learned the spell, but it still made Matt feel special.
~~~

Lauren was so kind to everyone, she took us in and taught us how to operate in her world. I knew how to control that alicorn body I got from crossing over within two weeks. She was always so gentle with us, She taught us how to create life and our own worlds. A year of study and I remember I took off to make my own worlds. I was only 5 when I started my first own world, look where I am now! I have created so many successful worlds thanks to her training, her patience, and her kindness. hmm... I wonder if she is still around her world, maybe I can help her teach some of the new kids she's probably teaching. On that note, I wonder how her two daughters are doing... I remember Tia and Luna from when they were born. Tia was the one with the white coat, pink mane, and innocent eyes, Luna was the one with the dark blue coat and pastel blue mane, and once again had innocent eyes, like her sister. I remember how the older kids always swooned over the two. I remember holding Tia and Luna before. Tia was about a year older than Luna. I left a few months after Luna was born. I wonder how they are doing now, I better go check on them.
~~~~

Jason got up from his bed, stretched his legs, grabbed his pendant and old notebook, and willed a portal into existence that would bring him to the beloved land of Equestria. He remembered that he used to always make a flashy entrance, maybe right in the center of the Everfree kingdom. Wait- why was there a forest here now? and why did it look evil? ehh, didn't matter, Jason used what he had learned over the years to create a spell that would restore the structures and clear any evil or malicious anomalies. It would just need a few hours to charge.
~~~

Whatever Twilight was expecting to wake up to in the dead of night, frozen-in-place red lasers in the sky pointed at the Everfree Forest was not one of them.

"Spike, wake up!"
"what now, Twilight?" the drowsy dragon asked, still half asleep.
"Take a note, we have to notify Celestia Immediately!"
"Can it wait?"
"NO! Look outside, Spike!"
The small dragon looked out the window to see the same lasers that Twilight saw
"Wh-What are those?!"
"I don't know Spike, but they can't be good, Celestia must be informed immediately!"
"Spike, take a note; Dear Princess Celestia, Ponyville might be under attack, but we aren't sure yet. I have found no magic that matches up with what is happening. I will update you if I find anything"
- Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle
Spike sent it off with his dragon fire and they waited for a response, after all, what else could they do?

Celestia was unpleasantly woken from her slumber by a single scroll that hit her horn in a very uncomfortable way. She groggily got up to read it. It was short, sweet, and to the point. But something about it concerned her. She read it over and over again trying to figure out what Twilight could possibly mean by that. She had no explanation and decided it would be best to see for herself. With that, she took to the night sky silently towards ponyville. She hoped this was just a minor thing and not a huge problem, though she would have to prepare for the worst, because she had no idea what to expect.

Author's Note:

S