• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 888 Views, 16 Comments

The Bakery is Closed... - RarityFigma



After taking his kidneys I figured I owed Grimm something...

  • ...
7
 16
 888

A Town Lost

Applebloom stood on an a hill watching the barn burn down. She was crying as her choker began to weaken its grasp. “Ahm sorry Applejack. But it was you or me.” The yellow filly turned to leave as the barn collapsed. Applebloom walked forward with her head down when suddenly she bumped into something. The filly fell down on her back and looked up. In front of her stood Appljack.

“You got yourself some explainin to do little sis,” Applejack roared.

“How did y’all escape?” Applebloom asked. Twilight came out from behind Applejack as did Rarity. Twilight’s horn was still glowing a vibrant pink. “Oh.”

“Now explain yerself missy right now!” Applejack screamed.







The four ponies walked the short distance from the train station back into Ponyville. Applebloom had explained to them about the choker Pinkamina had placed on her. She had told them how it was slowly choking her for not having killed them. What Applebloom had left out was her complicity in Pinkamina’s earlier affairs. With this version of events the trio rallied around Applebloom. Applejack swore to kill Pinkamina with her own hooves. Applebloom had told them the Pinkamina was still hiding in Ponyville, but that she had no clue what the pink mare was up too.

However all was not right in Ponyville. The town was totally empty and silent. The four walked the streets making the only sound. It was the afternoon was nopony was outside. Twilight peeked inside a house window. Someponies were lying on the floor. Their bodies were shriveled up and broken.

“She’s done something,” Twilight said coldly. “Keep on your guard.”

“This is crazy,” Rarity cried. “We should go to Canterlot where we’ll be safe.”

“No way,” Applejack growled. “Not while that psycho is killin mah sister.” Applebloom sat on Applejack’s back. The black choker around her neck was periodically tightening on her. The yellow filly had almost passed out when they entered the town.

“Applejack’s right,” Twilight said. “I already sent a letter to the princess. Right now we need to find out what’s going on.”

“About time you three showed up.”

Everypony tensed up as they heard the voice. Pinkamina walked out from a shadowy alleyway. She was wearing a fully redone quilt of cutie marks. A large necklace of unicorn horns and pegasus feathers covered her entire neck.

Twilight pointed her horn at Pinkamina. “What have you done to the town?!”

Pinkamina chuckled ignoring Twilight's question. “I never thought it would come to this.” She walked to the center of the road. “I never thought I’d lose control this badly.” Pinkamina sighed. “But I got overconfident.” She glared at Rarity. “I’ll never forgive you.”

Twilight stomped the ground as her horn started to glow. “Answer me!”

Pinkamina smiled maliciously. “Thanks for the compliment, but it’s the end for all of you. As far as I can tell this town’s number came up. So it’s only just that I spill your blood also.” Pinkamina licked her blade. “Besides you started all of this by upsetting things Rarity!” The white unicorn trembled.

“Dang it!” Applejack yelled. “Take this collar off mah sister or so help me Pinkie! I’ll tear you apart!”

“Hahahahaha!” Pinkamina almost fell to the ground laughing. “Like I care! I’ve been at it since you left! More and more, I killed more and more. There are almost no ponies left here. I’ve got enough blood to make cupcakes for years to come!” Pinkamina began to walk forward. “Now all I have standing in the way of my future is you four.” Pinkamina stroked her straight hair. “I guess there’s no need to hide anymore.” She turned back to alleyway. “Come out.”

A loud thumping sound emanated from the alley. The ground began to shake. Rarity covered hers eyes while Twilight and Applejack looked on in horror. A new creature pushed its way out from the alley. A creature the shined in the sunset. A creature that was totally blood red.