• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 888 Views, 16 Comments

The Bakery is Closed... - RarityFigma



After taking his kidneys I figured I owed Grimm something...

  • ...
7
 16
 888

The Mistake

Rarity walked through the dusty streets of Ponyville. The wind blew her luxurious hair as she approached Sugarcube Corner. The unicorn hadn’t a clue why Pinkie had asked her to come there. She pushed the door open and wandered inside.

“Pinkie darling,” Rarity called. “I’m here.”

The pink pony bounced into the room. Her smile was huge as can be. “Oh Rarity It’s so good to see you!”
Rarity looked around. The lights were dimmed and the bakery’s owners were nowhere to be found. The unicorn scratched the back of her head. “So Pinkie why did you call me here?”

“Cupcakes!” Pinkie cheered. “I need your help to make them!”
Rarity sighed. “Ugh. Pinkie you know I don’t bake.”

“It’s ok,” Pinkie chuckled. “Could you at just try this last one I made?” Pinkie pulled out a blue cupcake from behind her.
Rarity looked at the large blue dessert. “But Pinkie it’ll go right to my flank.”

Pinkie frowned and made puppy dog eyes. “Oh Rarity please!”

The unicorn rolled her eyes. “Oh alright.” Rarity levitated the pastry over to her mouth. She took one small bite.





Several hours later….




Rarity awoke with a loud yawn. She couldn’t see a thing. The unicorn felt cold metal on her legs. Rarity struggled to escape only to find her body immobilized. “What’s going on?” She cried.

“It’s about time you woke up,” Pinkie responded in the darkness. “I’ve been waiting way too long for you.”

“Pinkie!” Rarity yelled. “What kind of joke is this?”

“Oh it’s a great joke,” Pinkie answered. “Also don’t call me that anymore.” The pink pony leaned in front of Rarity’s face. “I prefer Pinkamina.”

Rarity started to sweat. “Why are you doing this?”

“I told you before,” Pinkamina laughed. “I need your help making cupcakes.”

Rarity struggled. “How can I help you make cupcakes while I’m tied down like this?”

“Hahahahaha!” Pinkamina walked away from Rarity. Her steps were the only sound in the room. As the noise stopped Rarity could hear her heart beating. Suddenly a light came on. Then it all came into view.

The room was red. Blood was sprayed all around. Various forms of furniture filled what seemed to be a basement. Each was built from dried bones. Balloons were hanging from the walls. Only they weren’t balloons. They were organs floating against the wall. However none of that had the mental impact on Rarity as compared to what stood in the left corner of the room.

It was Rainbow Dash, Or at least parts of Rainbow Dash. The pegasus stood frozen near the wall, covered in blood and stitches. Her eyes were white and her wings were drooping. Rarity started to faint.

Pinkamina ran over and grabbed Rarity’s face. “She’s beautiful right?” Pinkamina pointed at Rainbow Dash. “I really wish her number hadn’t come up. But I did the best I could.” Pinkamina shed a tear. “She’s not as fast, but I still love her.”

Rarity started to cry. “How could you?” The unicorn trembled. “Why Pinkie?”

The pink pony pinched Rarity’s horn. The unicorn winced. “I’m Pinkamina remember?”

“Ow,” Rarity cried. “Ok ok Pinkamina. Please let me go!”

“I wish I could Rare,” Pinkamina laughed. “But your number came up! I can’t argue with fate.”

“My number?” Rarity whimpered. “What does that mean?”

“Come on Rarity,” Pinkamina said tickling the unicorn’s horn. “Do you really want that to be the last thing we talk about?”

Pinkamina reached over to a nearby table and pulled a large knife. She held the blade up to Rarity’s neck. The unicorn’s eyes widened. “Pi…Pi..Pinkamina. Don’t”

“I’m really sorry,” Pinkamina chuckled. “Don’t worry I’ll make you even better than Dashie! Just give me a sec.” Pinkamina pointed the knife at Rarity’s horn. “Let me remove this little nuisance.”

Suddenly it dawned on Rarity that she had magical powers. Pinkamina drew back to slash. Rarity shut her eyes trying to focus. Gem tracking wouldn’t save her now. Furthermore there was nothing nearby that she was used to levitating. Everything in the room was so bloody and awful. If only there was clothing of some kind.

Rarity opened her eyes to see Pinkamina was wearing an outfit made of stitched cutie marks. The knife was seconds from her horn as the unicorn cast her spell. Pinkamina’s outfit flew up and covered her eyes. The pink pony struggled to tear away the clothing. “Hay what are you doing?!” Pinkamina roared. The pink pony fell back as the clothes covered her head. “Stop! You’re messing everything up!”

Rarity looked around the room. She saw more pieces of clothing scattered around the basement. The unicorn levitated the patches over and completely enveloped Pinkamina. Loud screams could be heard from the flesh pile. “Let me go! FUCKING LET ME GO!” Rarity pressed the clothes holding Pinkamina against a nearby wall. She then dropped the sphere and frantically looked around. Her hooves were still restrained with iron braces. Rarity struggled to move. I need to teleport like Twilight does, Rarity thought. Her horn began to glow a bright white. Rarity clenched her teeth as the magic coated her body.

Pinkamina burst from the mass of bloody flesh with an insane look of rage. She grabbed a nearby hammer off the wall and jumped forward at Rarity. “HOW DARE YOU?!” Rarity’s body began to shine beautifully as the spell climaxed. Just as the hammer came into contact with her head, Rarity vanished.

Rarity reappeared in front of the bakery. She had a splitting headache. The unicorn stumbled toward the only pony she knew could help her, Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight held Rarity’s hoof. “I can’t believe this. Are you sure?”

The white unicorn started to cry. “I wish I were lying.”

Spike hugged Rarity. “It’s ok Rarity,” the tiny dragon. “Everything will be alright.”

“I guess we should call the police then,” Twilight whimpered. “But I just can’t believe Pinkie would do something like this.”

Spike’s ears twitch. “Uh Twilight?”

“Yes Spike,” the purple mare answered.

“I hear something,” the dragon said.

“What?” Twilight asked.

The dragon gulped. “Well it sounds kind of like broken-”

The lights went out. Twilight lit up her horn. “What’s going on?” She cried.

“You’ve got some nerve!”

Twilight, Rarity and Spike looked around the darkened room. They knew the voice was Pinkie’s, but they couldn’t trace its location.

“I don’t believe you could do that Pinkie!” Twilight screamed. “Tell me this is all a joke! Just tell me!”

The room grew silent. Twilight tried to scan the room with her magic. She felt Pinkie’s heartbeat. Only it was moving around the room to fast for her to track. She frantically looked around the room for Pinkie to no avail. The darkness was far too great.

“I’m sorry Twilight,” Pinkamina said. “Your number didn’t come up yet. Nor yours Spike. Still.”

Twilight heard Pinkamina land on the floor. A brief wind shot against the purple mare’s face. She pointed her glowing horn in the direction of the pink pony. Then Rarity and Twilight both saw it. Pinkamina was standing behind Spike holding a blood soaked cleaver.

“I’ve always wondered about dragon cupcakes.”