• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 889 Views, 16 Comments

The Bakery is Closed... - RarityFigma



After taking his kidneys I figured I owed Grimm something...

  • ...
7
 16
 889

My Little Accomplice

The trio reappeared in Twilight’s bedroom. Twilight passed out on the floor. Applejack and Rarity took turns standing guard of the broken window from where Pinkamina had first entered the library. As the morning sun rose all three ponies gathered in the destroyed first floor to think. Twilight had covered up Spike’s body in more books as seeing it caused both Rarity and Applejack to break down.

“We need to do something,” Twilight said.

“We could call the police,” Applejack said.

Twilight shook her head. “I did that during my turn as lookout. The whole force is looking for Pinkie, but she’s nowhere to be found.”

“She’s not Pinkie,” Rarity said with her eyes trained on the hole in the wall. “She’s not Pinkie.”

Twilight walked over to Rarity. “Regardless we still need to stop her.” Twilight turned to Applejack. “Pinkie couldn’t have just gone crazy overnight. Applejack you’ve known her the longest. What do you know about Pinkie’s origins?”

The orange mare scratched her head. “Not much. Pinkie’s been here a long time Twi. All I know is she once said her folks owned a rock farm up north. That was where she got her cutie mark.”

Twilight began to levitate a nearby saddlebag. “Then that’s where I’m going.”

Rarity turned to Twilight shocked. “You think she’s there?”

“It’s the best lead we’ve got,” Twilight answered. “And I’m not letting her get away with this.” Twilight packed her bag for a few minutes while Rarity and Applejack looked on with apprehension. Then Twilight turned to Rarity. “You’re right.”

Rarity shuddered. “Beg pardon?”

Twilight put on her bag and walked to the library’s giant hole. “She’s not Pinkie anymore.”







“Come on Applebloom,” Scootalou cried. “Can’t you play with us today?”

“Nah,” the yellow filly answered. “I told you Ah’m busy today.”

The cutie mark crusaders were on the outskirts of town. Scootalou and Sweetie Belle were both frowning as Applebloom walked toward the Everfree forest.

“Are you visiting Zecora or something?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Applebloom turned to her friends. She was annoyed and could barely hide it. “Ah’m just really busy today ok.” She got back on path and started to walk away. “I’ll crusade with y’all in a few hours. Just be patient for a spell.” And with that the yellow filly left the pair’s view.

“Well that stinks,” Sweetie Belle sighed. “What do you think she’s up to Scoots?”

The orange pegasus was glaring. “I don’t know.” Scootaloo said taking a proud step forward. “But we’re going to find out!”






Applebloom came to a stop in front of a tree that had fallen on its side. The toppled arbor was coated in fungus and insects. The filly remembered this tree from her earlier times with Pinkamina. The pink pony had exclaimed over the tree’s majesty. For even in death it had made so many creatures very happy.

“So you here or not?” Applebloom called.

From behind the tree came Pinkamina. “Heh took you long enough.”

Applebloom glared at her mentor. “I leave for one night and this happens. Why didn’t you use the magic paralyzing drug?”

Pinkamina scratched her head. “I’ve been wondering the same thing myself.”

Applebloom shook her head. “I’ve been hearin a lot of things around town.” The filly began to pace back and forth. “It’s over they know. They all know.”

Pinkamina chuckled. “Then we’ll have to move on.”

Applebloom walked over and slapped Pinkamina across the face. “That's easy for you to say!" Applebloom screamed. "I like it here!” They’re talkin bout you not me! I aint leavin if I don’t have to!”

Pinkamina gave Applebloom a death glare. The yellow filly stumbled and fell to the ground. “Don’t ever do that again,” Pinkamina growled.

Applebloom rose to her feet refusing to give in to fear. “This is all yer fault! Not usin the magic paralyzing drug! I mean that’s so common! We used it on Spoon for Celestia’s sake! She didn’t even have magic!”

Pinkamina looked up at the sky. “That was in the past.” She looked down at Applebloom. “Now we have to worry about the future."

“And how do we do that?” Applebloom whined. “You’re a fugitive and I’m aint gettin a record damn it!”

Pinkamina crawled onto of the fallen tree. Her hooves wrapped around a multicolored shroom. “My friends are on their way to my old rock farm,” Pinkamina chuckled. “I need them to meet with a little….accident.”

Applebloom froze up. “I told you I’d never kill mah sister! Besides what does it matter? You should be focusin on gettin away!”

“I’m not going to run,” Pinkamina chuckled.

Applebloom grew dumbfounded. “What the hay is wrong with you? Are ya just gonna wander back to town and ask to make more cupcakes?”

“No you silly filly,” Pinkamina laughed. The pink pony leaned in and began to whisper in Applebloom’s ear.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had gotten lost tailing Applebloom. Her tiny footprints had disappeared amongst the rugged forest path. “I think she went this way,” Scootalou said pointing to the left.”

“Nah I think she went this way,” Sweetie Belle said pointing to the right. “This is the way to Zecora’s anyway.”

“I don’t think she’s going to Zecora’s,” Scootaloo said. “Applebloom seemed too serious. Whatever this is its gotta be mega important!” Sweetie Belle covered Scootaloo’s mouth. “Hay what gives?” the pegasus mumbled.

“I hear something,” Sweetie Belled whispered.

“What is it?” Scootaloo asked.

“Shh,” the white filly said. Sweetie Belle took a few steps forward. She heard two voices in the forest. Both seemed very familiar. “This way.”

The fillies tiptoed a few feet through the brush. The voices became cleared and clearer. One was Applebloom’s. The other was Pinkie’s

“Ah never thought you could do that,” Applebloom whimpered.

“Then you can understand why I can’t leave Ponyville yet,” Pinkamina answered.

“But will this really work?” Applebloom asked. “It sounds crazy.”

Pinkamina brushed Applebloom’s mane. “It’ll work. I just need you to get rid of the others.”

Applebloom bit her lip. “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” Pinkamina answered. “It’ll be a least a day or two before news reaches Canterlot. We need to be gone by then so I going to do it tonight.”

“But then why mah sister?” Applebloom cried. “She can’t stop you! Why does she have to die too! It’s not fair!”

Pinkamina hugged Applebloom. “Blame Rarity for things being this way. I never wanted to resort to this, but there’s no other option. Applejack is just collateral damage.”

“What’s in it fer me?” Applebloom said. “I happened to like my life in Ponyville and this plan’ll end that fer sure!”

“Don’t worry,” Pinkamina laughed. “I’m sure I can get you a cutie mark once all this is said and done.”

Applebloom looked at her blank flank and sighed. “I can’t kill mah sister. Not even for the cutie mark.”

Pinkamina groaned. “Oh so now you have a conscious. Well I anticipated you going soft on me. So I brought a little insurance.” Pinkamina pulled a choker from her straight hair and threw it at Applebloom. The magical black device instantly expanded around the filly’s neck.

Applebloom panicked. “What the hay is this thing?”

“It’s a magic choker I acquired,” Pinkamina mused. “A little too gaudy for my tastes, but it is quite useful. If you disobey the orders of the choker’s owner, it gets tighter and tighter.”

Applebloom pulled at the black band to no avail. “This aint fair! We were partners!”

“Emphasis on the were part,” Pinkamina said. “Now I want you to kill Twilight, Applejack and most importantly Rarity while they’re visiting my rock farm. Do this by any means necessary and kill anypony that gets in your way!”
Pinkamina heard a twig snap. A few feet away a tiny voice said sorry. Applebloom glared at Pinkamina. “I can’t believe you! I thought we were…we were.”

Pinkamina covered Applebloom’s mouth. “If you don’t hurry then they’ll get there.” The pink pony turned in the direction of the small sound. “Now please excuse me Applebloom. I hear a chicken nearby.”

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle grew wide-eyed. “What do we do?” The unicorn whispered.

“We’ve gotta warn Twilight that’s what!” Scootaloo cried.

The pair turned around to see Pinkamina looking down on them with an insane grin. “Well hello there girls. Can I help you?”