• Published 12th Feb 2021
  • 408 Views, 15 Comments

Diary logs of a Changeling Tank Commander - OshyWoshy_Blitz215



Story about a Female Changeling tank officer about her Experience in the Great War.

  • ...
 15
 408

Chapter 2: Into the Hostile Lands ( Log 6 to Log 8)

Log 6:


Name: Yanna Chitin
2nd August 1010 ( 3 days after the Invasion)
Location: outskirts of Vanhoover ( Northern side, 25 km from the City)
Rank: Zweiter Leutnant
Weather: Clear
Time: 6:30

It’s been three days since we went to the other side. And so the Great War has started. heh... after going over that river and overpower one infantry division that’s defending that fortifications, we’re have made huge progress on our invasion and en route to the City of Vanhoover, which is under the control of Vanhoover Commune.

While on our way to our designated location, we have encountered more than 25 Equestrian Tanks, 20 Cruiser Mk. IVs and 5 Matilda 2s.
On my platoon another hand, I commanded only 10 Panzers, 6 Pz IIIs and 4 Pz. 4s with my one is Pz. 4 Ausf. G variant, the strongest Panzer within my platoon.

Those Equestrian Tanks are coming towards my platoon in a breakneck pace, I knew my platoon is outnumbered by 3 to 1. So I hurriedly ordered my tanks to find a suitable position to ambush and ordered my fastest tank in my platoon to run towards the Enemy platoon and act as bait and lured them in to my trap.

All 9 of my Panzers are in to their position, my tank is positioned on a slightly elevated terrain giving me a advantage on spotting the tanks, and so I waited for my bait to arrive here and let the Stupid Equines to lead to their Demise.

When my bait has come back, I immediately saw some battle damage, there is approximately 6 tank shots on his front, all non fatal and 3 shot marks on the ride side of the tank, also all non fatal. I have ordered the runner to find a suitable position to set an ambush.

Much to my delight, the runner have told me that they have disabled 3 Cruiser mk IV tanks. Which I only have to look out for 17 Light tanks and 5 medium tanks.

5 minutes later the entire Platoon of Equestrian tanks have arrived, as soon they appeared on the horizon I ordered the entire platoon to fire the Matilda 2s first then cruisers next.

I ordered my gunner to shoot the lead Matilda tank on the slit, the result was a massive fireball in which it destroys the tank and killed a lot of crews inside. The other Matilda tank on the left were pelted by the guns of Pz.IIIs however due to have weaker gun, they aren’t able to penetrate the thick hide of the Matilda even on its sides.

So i ordered my gunner to target on the weakened Matilda and fire. When it fired, the power from my 75mm gun is easily able to pierced through its armour even if its facing on front of me. The Matilda on the left was finally disabled, this give the other Panzer IIIs to target the smaller Cruiser Mk IVs, in which they’re harassing the larger Pz.IVs.

Other Pz.IVs on the another hand have manage to disable another Matilda despite having short barrelled guns, some are now targeting smaller Light tanks, reducing their overall numerical advantage against us. Thanks to our tactical ambush, we have disorganised their organisation, and many aren’t able to fire back to us.

By now we have reduced their massive platoon from 25 to just 12, with one Matilda and eleven Cruiser Mlp.IVs left. I ordered all the the available tanks to target all the Cruisers while I take the Matilda myself.

The Pony Commander of this Matilda tank is quite skilled, it have able to angled his Tank so I couldn’t penetrate its thick hide. However due to how slow his Matilda is, I have able to go around him and ordered the loader to load a HEAT round, and order my Gunner to fire at the rear of the Matilda.

My tank’s cannon finally fired, and soon took a direct hit and able to disable it. Whoever inside that tank is now turned into jelly when I fired that Round.

With the lost of the Platoon commander the remaining tanks retreated to the friendly lines. Hence my first big battle is over.

Tally up the score, out of 25 tanks that they have engaged on us, only 7 tanks left. All Matildas were in flames. On our side however they have manage to disable two of our Pz.IIIs, however both can be repaired soon. My tank have scored 7 tank kills 3 of them were Matildas.

With this many kills this have made me a Tank ace! Can’t wait to get a medal soon!

Log 7:

Name: Yanna Chitin
4th August 1010 ( 5 days after the Invasion)
Location: outskirts of Vanhoover ( Northern side near the border between the Vanhoover Commune)
Rank: Oberleutnant
Weather: Partly Cloudy
Time: 16:38

My platoon and I have finally arrived at the Border between the Vanhoover Commune and us.

Our orders have received that in 5th of August 1:00, we would invade the Commune and seize its Massive city called Vanhoover.

This would then give us an opportunity to pivot us towards Tall Tale City and seize its factories.

Right now my platoon are getting an Upgrade for this Operation. All 6 Pz.IIIs including old Pz.IV Ausf A, will be replaced with new and improved Pz.IV Ausf. D equipped with more powerful the 75mm Kwk 40 L/43. With this new canon it could now stand toe to toe with the more heavily armoured Matildas. Though it specification of this Cannon may be similar to my Ausf. G’s in a same designation, it is longer barrelled, meaning has more penetration power than the short barrelled versions. But they’re still quite capable tanks in my opinion.

Well just before I got to my quarters to get some we’ll needed rest, I saw a glimpse of my big crush! Field Marshal Trimmel! And brave and bold Gen. Pharynx! Discussing about the whole scale of the operation of conquering Vanhoover.

The sight of Him and Pharynx makes my insectoid wings to go wing boned, I was blushing heavily, and quickly hide from them to prevent to see my wing boned wings.

Every time I see Trimmel, I sometimes gets wing boned by his, perfect stature of a Changeling body, straight horn, his lustrous Green Eyes and that handsomely looking fangs. It make my heart flutter every time I see him.

However he would largely ignore me, due to be a lower class than he is. He is the Supreme Commander of the Entire Equestrian Front after all.

I hope someday that I finally survive this Great War and received a tiptoe equal that of General, he may just notice me... hehe! It’s just a dream though and I have a duty to do! To serve the Queen and the Hive!

Oh I almost forgot to mention I’m that I finally have received a medal for my 7 confirmed kills in my first major battle. And received a title of Oberleutnant. This means I could command a larger Company of Panzers at my Command, from Ten Panzers to 15 Panzers worth of my Command.

For this I concluded my log here for now.

Log 8:

Name: Yanna Chitin
5th August 1010 ( 6 days after the Invasion)
Location: outskirts of Vanhoover 5km away from the City.
Rank: Oberleutnant
Weather: Sunny
Time: 9:30

It was particularly good day today, for me at least, as no rain yesterday, have very flat terrain, light fortifications. This would be a breeze!

Around 2:00 am, an hour after declaration of war against The Commune, we have crossed the border and reach 20km from the original position, the 7th Panzer Division, the division I was in, was living up to its name to be the Ghost Division.

We have able to cut deep to their defences and smash through their fortifications, the remaining tanks that the Commune has now all but demolished by our Blitzkrieg tactics.

We’re are now on sight of the First major Equestrian City, Vanhoover, an Important Harbour for the Equestrian Western Fleet, which by now have been transferred to the East to support the War effort against the Lunar Empire.

To me? This will be my first real Challenge for my Commanding Skills that would determine victory or defeat... let’s just hope I survive this encounter...

Author's Note:

Wow! This is my second time I finished my chapter this week! Thank you for reading my first fanfic! Be sure to like this fic and have a good day!😊