• Published 7th Sep 2012
  • 1,467 Views, 10 Comments

The Muffin Mare - Dragonfire2lm



The CMC go to unravel the mystery of Ponyville's secret baker- the muffin mare!

  • ...
1
 10
 1,467

Friendship is Muffins! (edited)

The door opened and out stepped a brown Earth pony stallion with a dark brown mane and tail, blue eyes and an hour glass cutie mark. He stared at the four ponies at his front door before another pony popped up into view; a light grey pegasus mare with a scruffy, sandy blonde mane and tail and amber coloured, criss-crossed eyes.

"Hiya Doc! Hiya Derpy!" Pinkie greeted cheerfully, having not registered the looks of confusion on the faces of the two ponies standing in the doorway.

"Um Pinkie?" Scootaloo asked in mild confusion, the pink mare looked down at her briefly before remembering the reason they were there.

"Oh right! Hey Derpy, is Dinky home? These three fillies wanted to see her in action"

"Did somepony wanna see my new recipes?" a squeaky voice chirped as a mass of purple-grey fur barreled past the adults and stood before the cutie mark crusaders.

It was a purple-grey unicorn filly with a dusty yellow mane and tail similar in fashion to Derpy's. Her eyes were yellow and her cutie mark was an open scroll with a chef's hat on it.

"What in tarnation? You're the Muffin Mare?" Applebloom asked.

"Yep!" the other filly replied. "My name's Dinky! And-and I like to bake stuff...though, my big sister likes muffins so I make new recipes for muffins!"

The group was led inside the small cottage, the Doctor and Pinkie discussing temporal anomalies near the coffee table, while Derpy kept a watchful eye on the fillies as they talked.

"Wow really!?" Scootaloo exclaimed. "That's so cool!"

"Yeah! But.." Sweetie began.

"Oh right...." Applebloom realised and all three members of the cutie mark crusaders wilted slightly.

Dinky walked up to them with confusion displayed clearly on her face.

"What's wrong?" the young baker asked.

"Oh its nothin', it's just that we ended up here 'cause Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were fightin' over whether cupcakes or muffins are better," Applebloom explained. "An' even though we met the muffin mare an' all, we still don't know the answer!"

Dinky visibly brightened and recognition shone in her eyes.

"Oh that again? Gee wiz I thought ponies would be over it by now"

"Huh?"Aplebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at Dinky in surprise and confusion.

"Ever since I got my cutie mark, for as long as I can remember ponies have been asking that question and you know what my answer to that is?" Dinky said.

The other fillies leaned in expectantly.

"Neither"

"WHAT!" Scootaloo and Sweetie yelled in outrage. "Why not?"

Derpy walked over to them and chuckled slightly at the sight of the bewildered fillies. She placed a hoof on Dinky's shoulder and smiled knowingly.

"Our mother once told us that everypony has their own tastes in food just as they have their own taste for clothes, books and other stuff, so in fairness neither muffins or cupcakes are better than the other, everypony likes one or the other" Dinky explained and shared a grin with her sister.

"Or both 'cause you know I like both chewy muffins and super sweet cupcakes, but I like all baked goods and Oh! I even like Applejack's baked goods and the super-duper-tasty stuff Mr and Mrs Cake make, and even the weird tasty sugary mash-up of desserts that-" Pinkie rattled on until the cutie mark crusaders rushed up and placed their front hooves over her mouth to silence her.

"Heh heh, well thanks for clearing that up Dinky, we better get going..okseeyoubye!" Applebloom said and with friends (and Pinkie) in tow, she left before any further embarrassment could happen due to the chattering of one pink party pony.

"Well that was...odd," the Doctor declared. "But Derpy, thanks for letting me stay while the TARDIS repairs itself from that collision with a Time Walker*, I'll see you next time i suppose?"

"You're welcome in Equestria anytime Doctor, say hi to Rose for me would you?" the mail mare replied.

"Will do, bye Dinky!"

"Bye bye Mr Timepony!" Dinky and her older sister waved farewell to the traveling earth pony as he walked down the path to his beloved time machine.

-----------------------------------------

As Pinkie bounced ahead of them, the cutie mark crusaders walked side by side in the middle of a conversation.

"I guess we were wrong to start that fight huh?' Scootaloo asked.

"I suppose.." Sweetie trailed off looking apologetic.

"Ah still can't believe you two almost had a war over whether muffins or cupcakes were better when everypony knows mah family apple pies are the best!" Applebloom chirped.

The other two stared at her.

"...What?" they said at the same time as the yellow filly burst into a fit of giggles.

"Ah'm just messing with ya'll, I know everypony likes different stuff"

All three fillies burst into laughter as they walked down the street, making their way to Sugarcube Corner to make more plans for their next crusade.

Pinkie stopped outside the door to the bakery and watched as the flllies went in, their voices sounding eager as they discussed their next idea. The fun loving earth pony turned around and checked both sides of the street to see if anypony was watching her. Upon seeing that she went largely ignored by the few that wandered the streets of Ponyville, she pulled out a thin rectangular black device from thin air and pulled to the top open, revealing a clear glass surface on the underside of the lid, while inside the device was a number of square buttons with letters and numbers on them.

"Ok laptop, let's see if that new fic is up yet," Pinkie muttered to the screen, scanning the page hopefully.

"Aw the ramblings of Pinkamena aren't up yet...I thought Dragonfire was gonna do that after she finished the one for discord. Oh whoops I wasn't supposed to know about that one yet.."

*facepalm* Pinkie....that was supposed to be kept under wraps,

"Oops, sorry Dragonfire, I guess I was too excited, I mean when does the chance to have an author put a unique spin on an overused fanon plot device come everyday?"

Considering the size of the fandom...a lot.

"Not in this universe."

...And now you bring up my head canon....Great, look just go inside and make sure the CMC don't destroy the place ok?

"Okie Dokie Lokie," Pinkie chirped, put the laptop back into hammerspace and trotted inside to find everything normal, as normal as it could be anyway, and started taking orders from behind the counter.

"I wonder what the readers will make of this?" she asked nopony in particular....DAMN IT PINKIE!

END

*A time walker is a creature of any species, from any world that has been chosen by an elder Time walker to govern time in the area they are in, should a time machine ever collide withone, the machine would absord too much temporal energy and would need a week to disperse it into the atmosphere before taking flight.

Time walkers are an original creation from Dragonfire2lm.

Author's Note:

For those of you wondering about the ramblings o Pinkamena see "The Rock Farm: Pinkamena's Tale".