• Published 7th Sep 2012
  • 1,467 Views, 10 Comments

The Muffin Mare - Dragonfire2lm



The CMC go to unravel the mystery of Ponyville's secret baker- the muffin mare!

  • ...
1
 10
 1,467

New Tactics (edited)

When the trio reached Ponyville's famous farm they were met with a slightly annoyed Applejack.

"Ya'll tried getting your cutie marks again didn't you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah..." all three fillies replied in unison.

"Well, Ah suppose there's no stoppin ya'll, just be careful now alright?" the farm pony asked as she went over to get the hose.

"Of course we'll be careful sis!" Applebloom chimed happily, Sweetie and Scootaloo nodding to support the statement.

A blast of cold water was their reply as Applejack turned on the hose, the girls shrieked in laughter as the spray of water quickly doused them while Applejack chuckled at their antics. It wasn't long before the three fillies began running around avoiding the stream of water and chasing one another in a short burst of simple fun, and after drying off and nearly turning the hose on Applejack, the Cutie Mark Crusaders headed back to Sugarcube Corner to plan their next step in finding the mysterious muffin mare.

"Hay girls!" Pinkie greeted them cheerfully as they entered the bakery. "Any luck with finding the muffin mare?".

"No.." Scootaloo replied, sounding disappointed.

"We tried following Derpy to see if she knew anything but she flew into a cloud and we lost her" Sweetie explained.

"It was like this hole in the cloud, she went through it and poof she was gone!" Applebloom elaborated and waved her forelegs around in emphasis at the right times.

"Oh you girls don't know about Derpy's special talent do you?" Pinkie asked.

"Ya mean the disappearin' act was because of her special talent?" the yellow earth pony filly asked in surprise.

"Yup! Her special talent is cloud portals!" The party pony chirped.

The three fillies looked skeptical and confused at the previous statement.

"Cloud...portals?" they asked simultaneously.

"Yuppers!" Pinkie replied. "Cloud portals, Derpy can make a path between clouds to go anywhere in Equestria, it's not as fun as my portal gun mind you, but still really useful!".

"Huh?"

"Never mind, so what are you girls going to do now?" Pinkie asked, cheerful as ever and oblivious to their confusion.

"That's the thing, we don't know...Ah mean we could try to track her down or do some...what'd Twilight call them test thingies?" Applebloom asked her friends.

"Um..experiments..I think," Sweetie replied.

"Yeah them, so since we can't really do them we don't know what else we could do to find out which is better.." Applebloom explained.

"Oh girls! The war between cupcakes and muffins has been going on since they were invented," Pinkie stated, a smile on her face.

"There's a war?" the three fillies said at the same time.

Pinke put a hoof to her chin in thought as she explained.

"Well, it's not really a war, more like a bunch of grumpy-mac-grumpypants arguing over which is better"

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle looked at each other.

"You mean kinda like how we were fighting this morning?" the young unicorn filly asked.

"Exactly!" Pinkie replied, but upon seeing the upset faces of the three fillies, she had an idea. "Lighten up girls, you said you wanted to find the muffin mare right? Weeell,l it just so happens I know where she lives!"

"Really?!" Scootaloo exclaimed, her face lit up with the prospect of finding the most elusive mare in Equestria.

"Yup! Come on everypony! To the Pinkie Mobile!"

"Um, Pinkie you don't have a Pinkie Mobile,"

"Oh whoopsie! I guess we'll just walk then" the pink mare chuckled.

Pinkie led the way down the streets of Ponyville with the three well-known trouble making fillies marching comically behind her as she sang an army chant. The ponies doing their daily business out on the streets threw a few confused glances their way, but all in all, the majority of the citizens chalked it up to Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

The element of laughter led the Cutie Mark Crusaders to a small home amongst a clearing of pine trees on the border of the city. The tall trees gave the property a sense of privacy and the small cottage almost would have gone unnoticed by the three fillies if Pinkie didn't point it out.

"It's weird, like I know the house is there but I don't wanna know.." Scootaloo said as the group looked at the small abode.

"That's because of the perception filter silly filly! The muffin mare can't have everypony on her doorstep now can she!" Pinkie explained.

"A per-cep-ton what now?" Applebloom asked.

"It's just a magic doo-hickey that makes stuff unnoticeable by other ponies," Pinkie replied.

"Oooh" came the reply.

"Ok then, let's go say hi to the muffin mare shall we?" Pinkie asked and almost immediately began knocking on the front door.

Three pairs of eyes widened in anticipation as the door creaked open, Scootaloo just barely surpressed a fan-girl-like squeal of excitement as the highly elusive baker of Ponyville stepped out into the doorway...