• Published 3rd Feb 2021
  • 715 Views, 4 Comments

Ghosting - Lucy_Marigold



Queen Twilight Sparkle journeys through the mirror but something is off. Those who have died are alive and those who lived are dead.

  • ...
2
 4
 715

Chapter 1 - Through The Portal.

~Chapter 1 - Through The Portal.~

12:01 AM, September 5th, 2 S.E.

The Canterlot Castle.

“Stop!” Twilight shouted, darting down hallways after the cloaked thief. The cloaked mare skidded to a halt, entering Celestia’s study and rushing towards an ornate mirror. “What did you do with my crown?”

The cloak flew back as her hood fell. An orange unicorn with a red-streaked mane smirked, crown hovering in her magic. “Sorry, it had to be this way… Princess.”

And she disappeared into the mirror.

Chrysalis halted, narrowing her eyes. “Sunset Shimmer.” She hissed.

“Who?” The lavender one tilted her head, confused.

“Sunset Shimmer,” Celestia spoke with a heavy sigh, entering the room. “A former student of mine. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path. One that has sadly led to her stealing your crown.”

“She’s alive? You told us all she died!” Chrysalis snapped, turning on her hooves towards Celestia, wings flaring. “Odonata, she-”

“What else could I say Chrysalis?!” Celestia turned away for a moment, a look of pained sadness on her face.

“Why did she steal my crown?” Twilight whispered as her friends entered the room, tailed by Princess Luna.

“I suppose Sunset Shimmer thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony.

“But I don't understand. Where did she go? Where did she take the crown?”

This is no ordinary mirror. It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons.”

Sparkly!” Pinkie rubbed a hoof against the mirror frame.

It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But recently my sister has decided to relocate it.”

I had always hoped that Sunset Shimmer would someday use it to return, to come back to Equestria seeking my guidance. Obviously, this is not what has happened.”

Twilight, without your crown, you’ll be powerless. That could be a devastating blow to the hive.” Chrysalis muttered, concern shifting onto her face. “If we can’t get it back, it would take years for you to get a new one as intune with you as that one is.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, but why is her crown so important?” Fluttershy questioned mildly, wings folding against her side idly.

“Well, think of it as a magical artifact attuned to a certain magical signature. The crown basically amplifies my magic so I can maintain the hive even if some of them are across Equis.” Twilight studiously said, raising a hoof.

“Without it, I’m as limited as I was before I got my crown. Even though it’s ponymade, my magic automatically attracted to it because it was the first receptive material. If I was to do it again, it would take years for the magical signature to fade from the crown before I could even attempt to reattach.”

Her friends merely nodded, all expect for Chrysalis who rolled her eyes.

Then you must go at once to retrieve it.” Celestia said.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! She's going, we're going with her.” Rainbow Dash stated. “Or at least a few of the guards! Right, girls?”

Oooh! I'm so 'nervicited'!” Pinkie Pie bounced up and down, smiling.

I'm afraid I can't let you go.” The regent of the sun frowned.

What?! Why not?!” The girls shouted.

Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back from Sunset Shimmer. This is something Twilight must do alone.”

Twilight nodded, sharing a glance with Chrysalis.

“Time is of the essence. On the third day, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return.” Luna ushered her towards the portal.

“Look after the hive, Chrissy.” With that, she stepped through the portal. The last thing she saw was Chrysalis suddenly bolting towards the mirror, the other’s shouts echoing behind her.

And then she landed somewhere else.