• Published 3rd Feb 2021
  • 3,551 Views, 343 Comments

You Will Never be Alone : 7 Part Harmony - Leo Luce



Since the day of the fall formal, Sunset came a long way from finding her family in the human world and fixing her wrong doings at the battle of the bands. But is it the end of Sunset's adventures?

  • ...
2
 343
 3,551

Chapter 11 (Edited by: Moonriseoversenset)

It's been so long since Sunset left Equestria, sure there was the heist of Twilight's crown, but she didn't count that. After the Fall Formal, she never thought she would return back, much less with a loving mother, a great aunt, a sweet little sister, and a freaking girlfriend. But as she traveled through the rainbow-colored vortex through the portal, she couldn't help but think of how unpredictable life is. All of Sunset's thoughts came to a screeching halt when she was shot out through the other side of the portal.

“AAAHHHHHHHH!!!” She screamed as she rolled along the crystal ground and smashed into a bookcase. What followed were three more pe-ponies crashing into her along with a few books from the bookcase.

"Ugh... Twilight? Make sure to lay some cushions next time, would ya?"

"Hehe… sorry about that," Twilight said, walking up to them and helping them back up. "So… was it the snow phoenix that you asked me to expect?"

"Snow Phoenix?" Luna asked, who was turned into an earth pony by the portal.

"I'm an ice bird. Pretty cool right," They heard Ari saying while perching on Snowdrop, who was a Pegasus. Everyone looked over in shock at the Snow Phoenix.

"Did… did she just made a pun?" Sunset asked.

"So I'm guessing it's not? Then what is?" Twilight asked.

"Um… it's this?" Sunset said, turning to the side. Twilight tilted her head in confusion before she saw it, and her eyes widened in shock.

"I-is… are those… w-wings?"

"Yeah… they are," Sunset said.

"B-but… how?"

"I don't know. The last thing I did before this happened is saving your counterpart from using magic, and then I had these wings when I pony-up."

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on. My counterpart? Using magic? What happened?" Twilight asked in shock at what she just heard.

"Oh right, I forgot I didn't write about that. Well, it's actually a long story."

"You. Have to. Tell me. Everything," Twilight said, getting uncomfortably close to Sunset. "This could have something to do with the Tree of Harmony."

"Tree of harmony? What happened to it?" Sunset asked.

"It seems we both have a lot to talk about. Princess Celestia said she'll be here as soon as she finished her morning duties," Sunset visibly tensed at the mention of the Princess. "So until then, let's go to the map room, and we can talk about everything," Twilight said, turning to leave the room. Sunset began to follow her only to stop when she heard the startled cries of her mom and Fluttershy and the sound of something hitting the ground and Ari laughing. They turned back to see that Celestia, and Fluttershy, both of whom were pegasi, were flopping around on the ground.

"Right… we need a quick lesson first," Sunset said to Twilight, rubbing her neck.


After giving the four human-turned ponies a quick lesson on walking, they thankfully learned very quickly. They all made their way to the map room.

"So Sunset, remember what I told you about the cutie map?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. You said it has the whole map of Equestria, and each of the element bearers and Spike had a chair of their own, and the map calls you on friendship problems," Sunset said.

"Yeah, but now… we have a new addition."

"A new addition?"

"Yes, that," Twilight said, pointing at the map. Sunset's eyes widened in shock for the hundredth time as she looked at what Twilight was pointing to.

"What is she pointing to?" Snowdrop asked.

"A chair with Sunset's symbol on it," Ari said.

"I-I… I don't understand. What's going on, Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"We believe that you are now an element. More specifically, the seventh element," Twilight said.

"Seventh element? I thought there were only six. What could it be?"

"Exactly, I think we should trade stories to see if we can find any commonalities," Twilight said as she took a seat in her chair.

It had only been a few minutes since Sunset and her family arrived at Twilight's castle, but even in those few minutes, a lot had already been revealed. Her mom and aunt were not alicorns, just as she expected them not to be. Ari is a Snow Phoenix, which she wasn't even going to touch right now. There was enough on her plate, even without the mystery that was Ari. It was scary how coming here boosted her already stellar intelligence especially considering Ari was only a cockatoo. Sunset also got proof that she actually is an alicorn. However, most of her attention was held by the fact that there are apparently more than six elements, and she is the newest seventh element.

Currently, the humans-turned ponies were sitting around the map table while Spike brought them tea and cake, which Celestia quickly helped herself with while Sunset told Twilight what happened at the friendship games.

"I see. I'm glad you helped my counterpart. So, if I'm to take a guess, helping my counterpart might have led you to become an alicorn," Twilight said. "There are a lot of things we don't know about the Tree of harmony. But one thing I'm sure of is that the Tree has its own consciousness. I think it's been keeping its eye on you since fall formal. Maybe it sensed something in you."

"I'm not so sure how I feel about a tree stalking me if I'm completely honest. But what do you mean by 'sensed something'?" Sunset asked.

Twilight brought her hoof up to her chin as she let her thoughts be heard, "It's only a theory, but what if on the night you placed the crown on your head, you became intertwined with the Tree of Harmony? Thus leading it to have a direct link with you. You were definitely special in some ways, as no pony else ever had that reaction to my crown before. Granted, not many have had the chance to wear it, but those who put it on its nothing more than a gold tiara with a gemstone. Perhaps there has always been a seventh element, but it never had a wielder or physical vessel like the other elements do. It might be like the element of magic. It doesn't have a physical vessel until somepony has activated its spark. And Maybe with you being in the human world, the Tree couldn't make a physical vessel, so it went with the next best thing, you. The two of you are already intertwined. Maybe this form you took while fighting my counterpart is you releasing the power of the element? It could very well be that you are the Seventh Element," Twilight said as she finished.

"Maybe that's why you kept seeing those dreams with the tree?" Fluttershy asked.

"Now that you mention it, didn't you have those dreams whenever you did something special?" Luna asked.

"Special?" Twilight asked.

"Um… yes. I remember her saying the dreams stopped a few days after the fall formal? Then you had that dream when you told us about Snowdrop, and then the day you first helped that freshman, and finally at the battle of the bands," Celestia said.

"I don't know what you are talking about, but whoever this 'tree' is, but it would seem like it was watching over you," Ari said.

"Yeah, Ari's right," Spike added.

"Maybe that's why the tree gave you access to your special talent," Twilight said. "The Battle of the bands was the biggest milestone you made towards the magic of friendship before yesterday."

"Oh, man. This is a lot to take in. So if what you are telling us is the truth, then what is the new element? And what am I the Princess of?" Sunset asked.

"Well, Princess Celestia sent me some research of Starswirl the Bearded. And he theorized about more elements. So I think from what you said, the new element is-"

"The element of empathy," They all turned at the new or familiar but different voice to see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna standing at the entrance to the map room.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. I didn't hear you. When did you arrive?" Twilight asked.

"Just now. I was able to finish the paperwork early for once, though Luna helped a lot. She was impatient to meet her counterpart," Princess Celestia said.

"Why wouldn't we? You don't get to meet another version of oneself from a different world very often," Princess Luna said, walking up to their counterparts. "So you two are Our's and Celestia's counterparts. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all ours," Celestia said before looking back at her counterpart, who was walking up to Sunset. Sunset was looking down. Unable to look at the Princess's face. Princess Celestia moved closer and reached up to her, and lifted her head.

"Sunset? It's been so long," Princess Celestia said.

"Um… p-princess I-I… I'm s-sorry f-for-" Sunset stammered.

"Sunset. It's okay. You don't have to apologize. I forgive you." Princess Celestia said, missing her counterpart's flinching. Deciding to lighten up the mode, she looked up at the rest of the visitors. "Hm… there are more ponies here than I anticipated. Why don't you officially introduce them?"

"Oh- yes… of course," Sunset said while wiping at her eyes. She moved next to her mom as all the humans-turned-ponies gathered together, but due to her anxiety and relief of seeing Princess Celestia, she missed the way Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were looking at Snowdrop. More especially Luna. As soon as Sunset stood next to her mom, she unconsciously wrapped a wing around her daughter's side. Celestia had a wing wrapped around both of her daughters on either side. "Um… Princess Celestia? These are your counterparts. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna of Canterlot High School. And my mom and aunt." This information surprised the two Princesses.

"Mom?" "Aunt?" Princess Celestia and Luna said in unison.

"Uh… hehe- oops… I forgot to tell you that," Twilight said awkwardly, rubbing her neck with an uneasy smile.

"Um… yeah. They adopted my little sister and me. Sno-"

"Snowdrop," Princess Luna interrupted.

"Y-you know her?" Sunset asked.

"I… we knew her counterpart," Princess Luna said. "But… that was before I was banished."

"Wait, what!?" Twilight shouted. "But that was a thousand years ago," Princess Luna moved closer to Snowdrop.

"Indeed, I am truly saddened not to have seen her one last time before I was turned into Nightmare Moon. We-I had forgotten about my friendship with her as she was one of the only ponies back then that understood the night as we did. She will be missed greatly. I would like to think that she just as saddened when we lost each other."

Princess Luna walked closer to Snowdrop before she laid down so that she was face to face with Snowdrop, "Hello, Snowdrop."

"Um… h-hi… p-princess," Snowdrop said, unsure of how to reply.

"Don't be so afraid. I knew your counterpart. And I very much like to know about you too, if you would allow me the pleasure."

"Um… okay. M-me too, uh I mean I would like to know you better as well," Snowdrop said. Luna ruffled the kid's hair earning a soft giggle.

"That um… was totally unexpected," Sunset said. Before turning to Fluttershy. "And this is Fluttershy from the human world," Sunset said. Fluttershy, for her part, tried to be brave like Sunset, but as the attention switched to her, her mane naturally began to hide her face, and Fluttershy did nothing to move it out of the way as she hid behind it shyly.

Princess Celestia saw the look Sunset gave her and released why she was here, and smiled, "Well, Fluttershy. I hope you found this world pleasurable thus far."

"It's been great so far besides the portal."

"That's wonderful," Princess Celestia said with a knowing smile at Sunset. They were then interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat annoyingly.

"Oh, right. That's Ari. Snowdrop's pet and eyes," Sunset said.

"A pleasure to meet you, your highness," Ari said, bowing a little.

"A Snow Phoenix? Haven't seen one in a long time," Princess Luna said.

"Yes, you are right. And a talking one at that," Princess Celestia said before looking back up at her counterpart before she froze. She kept her gaze with her counterpart for a moment having a silent conversation before breaking the gaze and looking at Sunset.

"Well, Sunset, there are a lot of things to discuss. But first, why don't you, Fluttershy, and Snowdrop join Twilight and relax a bit?"

"U-um… I uh… I guess…?" Sunset said.

"Twilight? Why don't you show her around Ponyville? I'm sure she'd like to see her homeworld again after so long," Princess Celestia said.

"O-of course Princess," Twilight said, sensing something is up, but both Luna and Princess Luna knew exactly what was going on and decided to give the Celestia's some space and left the room along with the others.

Author's Note:

There you have the 11th chapter. I could have posted this yesterday but we are having a flood so we don't have wifi even at the moment I'm posting this. I was, fortunately, able to find some mobile data even though they are slow as hell. Anyway, hope you enjoy this. R&R.