• Published 3rd Feb 2021
  • 3,551 Views, 343 Comments

You Will Never be Alone : 7 Part Harmony - Leo Luce



Since the day of the fall formal, Sunset came a long way from finding her family in the human world and fixing her wrong doings at the battle of the bands. But is it the end of Sunset's adventures?

  • ...
2
 343
 3,551

Chapter 10 (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

As the sun made its leave beyond the horizon, the time for the last event for the Friendship Games arrived. The participants and the rest of the students made their way to the school entrance to witness the event. The last event was a game of Capture the Flag. While Vice-Principal Luna, along with Dean Cadence, announced the rules, the Rainbooms spoke quietly with each other.

"I don't feel like playing games anymore," Fluttershy said.

"But we have to! This is the event that determines the winner of the games, and we have to win this," Rainbow said.

"I know, but it's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and plant monsters," Rarity said while recreating the images with vague hand gestures.

"And I yelled at Twilight. What was I thinking?" Sunset said regretfully.

Fluttershy moved forward and hugged Sunset.

"Don't say that. It wasn't the best nicest thing to do, but you were under a lot of stress," Fluttershy said, reminding Sunset. "Take it easy. Once this is over, we can talk to her," Sunset smiled at Fluttershy.

"Uh… guys? Ah think we have a problem," Applejack said, looking at something. Everyone turned towards where she was looking and saw Twilight walking up to them with her necklace in hand. "Ah have bad feelin' about this."

"What is she going to do?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh no! I think she's going to release the magic," Sunset said, running at Twilight. "Twilight, no!" she shouted but was too late as Twilight opened the necklace, sending a small shock wave. The shock wave hit Sunset in the gut, and she was slammed backward. She rolled twice as she tried to catch her breath as she watched in horror at the scene in front of her.

The necklace dropped to the ground shattering as the energy inside the device began to grow in size.

"Oh no! oh no! This is not what I wanted! What's happening!?!" Twilight shouted.

"Twilight! Get away from it! Let go!" Sunset gasped out in the loudest voice she could.

"I… can't!" Twilight said, trying to pry her hands out of the magic as she levitated off the ground. She managed to free one hand, but it was already too late. "HELP ME! AHHHHhhh-" She shouted and extended her free hand at the Shadow Bolts. It was all in vain as the magic completely absorbed her, and everyone looked in horror at the hand disappearing into the light with the sounds of sizzling tears. The ball of energy turned into a gradient of black and purple before it flickered and finally burst into a blinding light, revealing Twilight. Or the creature that was now Twilight.

"Oh no. Not again," Sunset said to herself in horror as she remembered the dreaded night that was the Fall Formal.

“Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa! You were right. I didn't understand magic before. BUT, I do NOW!!" Twilight said in a more distorted and insane voice as she looked down on Sunset. Twilights eyes widened in glee as she charged up her magic and shooting a beam at the CHS statue, destroying the horse statue. When the dust cleared, a very familiar scene unfolded for Sunset as she stared at ponies from Ponyville.

"Equestria," Sunset whispered, dread slowly sinking in. There were so many people here, so many that would now know about Equestria. This was the worst possible outcome. Now everyone would know where magic came from. What would happen to it? To her? As she stared at the growing portal, Sunset had to force her thought away to focus on the now and not the future. She watched as the portal didn't stop creating long crumbling cracks along the ground towards the middle of the courtyard. Twilight charged up another blast and shot it at the ground.
It crashed through the ground like a rock through a mirror. As the pieces of the ground fell away, another portal appeared, with the girls barely jumping out of the blast.

By now, most of the students had recovered from their shock and began to panic. Everyone was trying to get away, but they were all running away in wild directions as more were created by Twilights puncturing shots. Some were not as lucky as they almost fell into the portals, having narrowly managed to grab on the edges that were slowly crumbling away. The rest of the girls and the Shadow Bolts competitors managed to pull the students who fell to safety.

"Twilight, you can't do this," Sunset shouted, having caught her breath now stood defiant below Twilight.

"Why not? There's a whole other world out there. And it's just filled with magic!"

"But you are destroying this world to get there,"

"So what!?!"

"Twilight, please. You have to stop," Sunset said, trying to think of something to stop her. "Twilight, I know how you feel. I've been there. It feels like you can have everything you want, but you can't not like this."

"Oh, you are wrong because, unlike you, I can have everything I wanted," Twilight said before firing out sporadic bolts of magic, causing more portals to open. Just then, Sunset felt a tingling in her soul. Looking around, she saw her friends glowing as they pony up. With the magic aiding them, they were able to quickly save the other students. That's when Sunset knew what to do, almost like it was instinctual to her.

"No, you can't. You will be alone, you won't find what you're looking for. Power can't fill the loneliness inside your heart, you will spend your whole life search, but you will never fill the hole that will be created if you continue. Because magic, true magic comes from, Generosity, Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, and Loyalty," Sunset said as each of the girls glowed brightly before sending a flare of magic at Sunset one by one. "I understand you, Twilight. And I want to show you the most important magic," Sunset slowly lifted off the ground as she radiated a bright golden light, blinding everyone. Sunset had a white dress with pony ears and a horn and wings made of light when the light faded.

"The magic of Friendship," Sunset said before sending beams of pure magic into the portals and closing them.

"No, No. No, I said NO! Stop!" Twilight shouted. "I said STOP!" Twilight bomb rushed Sunset, and the two opposing magic forces slammed into each other. The sound slammed into the students still in the courtyard, making many of the students' ears ringing. Sunset shot a pulse of magic from her magic sphere.

The force from the pulse caused Twilight to fly backward. Frantically, Twilight flapped her wings and quickly stabilized herself. Growling with an almost animalistic nature, Twilight stared at the aloof Sunset causing her anger to grow. Bearing her teeth in hatred of being stopped from understanding the magic, Twilight charged up another beam and shot it at Sunset. Sunset, however, simply extended a hand and shot a magic beam of her own, intercepting Twilight's attack. What Sunset wasn't expecting was the continued beam. Before even realizing what she was doing, her other hand joined her first. The added support allowed Sunset to push the beams to form between the two at equal distances. The two magic users entered a stalemate as the other tried to overpower the other.

"Twilight! Please stop this. I don't want to hurt you," Sunset said. She didn't want to use all her magic as Twilight didn't deserve the punishment for only wanting to know how something works. She wouldn't subjugate Twilight to the internal torture she had when Princess Twilight and the elements unknowingly place the burden upon her. But Twilight wasn't listening. She refused to have anyone stand in the way of her goal.

"NO! You can't stop me! I will go to that world and understand it all," Twilight said, putting more power into her blast. "And if you stand in my way, I will-"

"Twilight!" Twilight stopped. Hearing that voice, calling her with fear, made her mind come back to control. She looked down and saw Spike, looking at her with teary eyes.

'Spike?!? Wha-what am I doing? I need to stop this, bef-' Twilight shook her head as the demon snatched back the control. But it was too late. Taking the chance, Sunset quickly pushed her advantage as she poured her magic into the beam, she quickly overpowered the distracted Midnight Sparkle, and the beam struck the possessed Twilight. Then, everything turned white.


Twilight opened her eyes. She was in a white void with nothing but herself. Looking around, she saw a flow of energy leading upwards. It was the most beautiful and terrifying thing she ever saw. It was here that she saw magic for what it was, for she was one with it as much as it was her now. She was still in the demon form, but she was the one in control, not Midnight.

"Twilight," She heard a calm voice calling her. Looking up, she saw Sunset Shimmer. Twilight looked on in awe.

"Sunset? I… I don't want this… all I wanted was to understand the strange energy. But not-"

"Twilight, it's okay. I know how you feel. I've been there. Take my hand Twilight," Sunset said, offering her hand. "I can teach you. Let me help you. Just like someone once did for me. I can show you the real meaning of magic and what comes with it."

Twilight looked at the hand. A tense moment passed for Sunset as she watched Twilight looking between her hands and her face. She smiled and reached out to Twilight a little. Sunset put all her sincerity and desire to help Twilight as she could in her eyes as Twilight looked at her one last time before she looked back at her outstretched hand. Sunset released a breath she didn't realize she was holding when she watched Twilight reach out and grasp Sunset's hand, and everything went white. The next thing she knew was she was back in the courtyard of Canterlot High. She was back to her normal self with Sunset right beside her holding her hand still pony-upped.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I,"

"Sh sh, it's okay, Twilight. Take it easy. We got you," Sunset said, hugging Twilight. The moment was ruined by the stomping feet of Principal Cinch, who was beginning to remind Sunset more and more of an arrogant noble from Canterlot. What she wouldn't give to see her put in her place.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games!" Cinch shouted, walking up to Principal Celestia. "Clearly, CHS has had an unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

"Don't you think saving the world is more beneficial to all of us?" Principal Celestia asked.

"At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing magic and turn into a power-crazy creature that almost destroyed the whole world just to win a game," Sugarcoat spat, having decided now was the best time to roast her Principal. There was no sense in sugarcoating her revenge. Belittling her Principle made it even sweeter.

"That's ridiculous," Cinch said.

"Nope. That's pretty much what happened." Spike said.

"Woah, did that dog just talked?" A CP student asked.

"Really? That's the most unbelievable thing? Where were you just a few minutes ago? How about the girl in front of you with a horn and a pair of wings?"

"Clearly, my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan to take this all up with the school board," Cinch said threateningly.

"That's... Wonderful news, I'm sure they will be very interested to hear all about magical girls," Principal Celestia knocked the arrow.

"Or the portals to another world," Luna aimed.

"Oh, don't forget about the talking dog," Cadence drew.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation." And Spike fired.

And as the figurative arrow hit the target, Cinch accepted her defeat but huffed away back to the CP bus. Principal Celestia talked to the students to wrap the whole event up.

"Sunset, that was awesome," Rainbow said, putting an arm around Sunset's shoulder.

"You were all like an angel, and then you closed all the portals, then had an awesome dual then mhmmph-"

"I think we got it, Pinkie," Applejack said, putting an end to Pinkie's ranting by stuffing her mouth with a cupcake.

"Um… Sunset?" Fluttershy said, approaching Sunset.

"Yes, Tea Cup?" Sunset teased. Blushing at the nickname, Fluttershy continued.

"Um… why do you have… wings?"

"I don't know. Magic sometimes works really weird. I had wings when I turned into a demon. Twilight also had wings, so why not now. Gotta admit the light wings looked awesome-"

"You still have wings," Rainbow said, pointing behind Sunset. After what Rainbow just said sunk in, Sunset's eyes widened as she blindly reached behind herself and felt the unfamiliar appendage.

"What the?" She turned around, trying to get a better look but only imitated a dog following its tail. Rainbow made her stop moving as she pulled one of the wings to show her. Just like they said, Sunset had wings on her back. The wings were mostly amber in color, the same as her skin color. The only thing that stood out was the red lines actings as highlights with yellows insides creating wings that looked like waves of fire when they moved or shifted.

"W-what… I-I don't understand. W-why do I have wings?" Sunset asked.

"Why? Didn't you have them before?" Twilight asked.

"No. I didn't. I need to talk to Twilight."

"What?"

"S-sorry not you, Princess Twilight. We'll explain to you later," Sunset said, trying to calm herself down as her magic dispersed, causing her to power down. She was relieved when the wings faded away along with her horn and pony ears.

With that, the Friendship Games came to an end, with both parties unanimously deciding this year's Friendship Games would end in a draw, allowing both teams to claim victory. To everyone's delight, Twilight decided to transfer to CHS. Sunset, on the other hand, had a lot going on in her head. The list was steadily getting longer: having wings with her pony-up form, her mom's long lecture about safety, being grounded for not telling about the tri-cross rally, and when she went to talk to Princess Twilight, Whom she already had messages from. It seems like something was happening in the pony world too. Not wanting to panic Twilight, she told her to expect the unexpected before she decided to visit the pony world the next day.


The morning after the Friendship Games, Sunset found herself in front of the portal, with her mom, aunt, Snowdrop, Ari, and the rest of the girls.

"You sure it's okay for me to join you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course. You told me you like to see my homeworld. Plus… I need all the support I can get for what's to come," Sunset blurted out the last part.

"I'm really surprised you don't want to join them," Applejack said, turning to Twilight.

"Well, I'd like to, but… I think I have had enough magic for now," Twilight said as she rubbed her arm sheepishly.

"Well, now you are with us," Rainbow said. "That means you'll have to get used to magic. Just wait until you see us have a jam session."

"You're going to make jam? What kind? Oh, can we make apple jam?" Twilight asked as she looked at Rainbow Dash in excitement.

"Eh... not that kind of jam Twi," Rainbow said quietly.

"Heh, an apple fan? You fit in just fine, Twilight," Applejack laughed. "Why don't we all go to my farm after this, and we can make both types of jam Twilight?"

"Sure, I'd like that," Twilight said as she began searching the web for the best apples to make jam out of.

Just then, Sunset's journal vibrated, signaling she got a new message. Opening the book, Sunset read the message.

"Well, it's time. Twilight opened the portal," Sunset said.

"You know, it's really weird knowing that there is another me in a different world who is a princess," Twilight said.

"As I said, you'll get used to it," Rainbow said, putting an arm around Twilight.

Sunset inhaled and exhaled for a while to calm herself. She opened her eyes when Celestia put an arm on her shoulder.

"Let's go, Sunset. Everything will be fine," Sunset nodded.

"Here goes…" Ari beat everyone by flying into the portal first.

"Ari? Hey, come back. We were supposed to go together," Snowdrop said as she chased Ari through the portal.

"How did Ari even know to go through the portal? Did anyone told her?" Sunset asked.

"You know, that bird's brain actually scares me," Luna said, making everyone giggle. With that, Sunset, the rest of her family, and Fluttershy walked through the portal to meet Twilight.

Author's Note:

And with that, Friendship games are over. And Sunset along with her family goes to Equestria. And what is happening in the Equestria? Well, you gotta wait a couple more weeks to find out. As always, R&R,