• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 341 Views, 3 Comments

26 Short Stories of EQG - TPC-2k16



Twenty-Six shorts tales of Canterlot High School.

  • ...
1
 3
 341

Sunset Shimmer gets asked a Question

Sunset Shimmer is in her sixth hour chemistry class, cautiously paying attention to Mr. Steven Magnet, one of CHS's newest teacher, on this dreary rainy Tuesday.

Or at least she's trying to pay attention. Her having to repeatedly open her eyelids time after time.

Guess who knew Mr. Magnet's chemistry class could be so boring. No offense to him, of course.

While Sunset is sitting at her desk, half awake and trying to pay attention to Mr. Magnet's lecture on the chemical properties of the periodic table (barely writing any of this down), she feels something vibrate.

Fair enough, as the teacher isn't looking, she looks into her bag for a split second to see that yes, the journal she uses to write to Princess Twilight and back, is indeed the one doing the vibrating.

A look of excitement coming across her previously bored face.

Once Sunset finds the perfect time, she gladly takes the journal out of her bag, opening up to the newest entry as fast as Pinkie Pie saying all of her friends' names as fast as she can.

"Okay. What do you have Princess Twilight?" Sunset Shimmer says quietly to herself, not seeming to notice all of the other students packing up their things and leaving the classroom, her reading:

Dear Sunset,

Is it two cups whipping cream then three tablespoons vanilla extract? Or is it one cup whipping cream and two tablespoons vanilla extract?

Sorry to bother you with this silly question but I need to know. Me and Spike are having a cook-off. His breaded mushrooms are no match for my pound cake!

Oh, sorry 'bout that. Just let me know and I won't bother you again. Unless there's a thousands year old magical monster unleashed in your world.

Signed,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

"Oh." Sunset speaks to herself, a little disappointed with what the newest entry said. But, nonetheless, at least it gave her something to distract her boredom with.

With a smile, Sunset writes down below it:

I'll have to ask Pinkie about it. Still nice to hear from you, a friend.

With that, she closes the journal shut and slowly and cautiously puts it back in her bag.

After doing so does she finally realize that every student is no longer at their desks and that she's the only one left in Mr. Magnet's class.

"Uh, Miss Shimmer, you can go now." Mr. Magnet says with a look of worry on his face.

A shade of red comes across Sunset's face, feeling the slight bit embarrassed.

"Uh, yes."