• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 342 Views, 3 Comments

26 Short Stories of EQG - TPC-2k16



Twenty-Six shorts tales of Canterlot High School.

  • ...
1
 3
 342

Applejack + Pinkie Pie in: The Cupcakes

It was a day like any other day...

"Hiya Pinkie. Ah'm here with all the apples ya wanted."

Little did Applejack know of why Pinkie needed a whole twelve ton barrel of apples...

"Why exactly do ya need this many apples? And are ya hearing what Ah'm hearing?"

Applejack wasn't hearing anything. It was just the wind...

"If you're talking about the narrator of this story, then yes!" Pinkie just so reluctantly says as she pushes a cart filled with a wide variety of desserts out into the Sugarcube Corner lobby.

She doesn't know what she's talking about! She's just being her usual, annoying self...
Oooo, go on please...
What the...?

"Right. Anyway, Ah got yer apples for ya. Tell me where ya want them, then Ah be outta yer hair, lickity split."

"Sure! Just put them in the back. Oh, and stay there. I got a new cupcake recipe for you to try out."

"Okay. See ya back there then." Applejack says as she activates her gem necklace, gaining all the strength in the world through it. Then using her newfound strength to lift up the barrel of apples up onto her shoulders, walking it on in to the back.

Little did Applejack know, the cupcakes she would be tasting would be much a surprise...

"Ah can still hear something? Narrator or not." Applejack speaks to herself as she's just walks in through the kitchen doors.

Five minutes later and Pinkie joins her friend in the back of the kitchen.

"So Pinkie, where's this cupcake recipe ya want me to try out?"

"Right here!" Pinkie rejoices proudly as she pulls out a tray of a dozen evenly spaced cupcakes out of the oven. The oven wasn't even on.

"I call these, 'Berry Cherry Twist'. With a twist!" Pinkie goes over and whispers into Applejack's ear. "The twist is I accidentally dropped the measuring spoon in the batter." squee

"Uh, okay." Applejack takes a closer look at all twelve of the cupcakes. Every one cupcake being berry flavored batter.

"These look mightily delicious. Ya gonna frost them or-"

"Oh no," Pinkie interrupts her friend, chuckling to herself a little, "I need you to try them without frosting. Just as a taste test."

"Okay." Applejack picks one off of the tray, tearing off the cupcake wrapping paper and goes in for the bite."

Little did she know, she'll be getting a twist alright...

Applejack just ignores another of the so-called narrator's 'monologue', and takes the first bite out of the cupcake.

Taking the first bite, Applejack's taste buds enjoys the fine berry, prompting her to take another bite.

So she does. Doing so a third time before altogether eating it whole.

Applejack smiles, thinking about the tasty treat she'd just ate. Her about to turn around to tell Pinkie of what a good job she'd done.

All before she starts to feel something coming up, like vomit. Only it's not.

Applejack starting to choke in her throat area before she finally coughs up out of her the very same measuring spoon Pinkie had said she'd dropped into the batter.

"Hey, there's the twist!!"