• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 341 Views, 3 Comments

26 Short Stories of EQG - TPC-2k16



Twenty-Six shorts tales of Canterlot High School.

  • ...
1
 3
 341

Twilight forgets to study for a Test

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH! I can't believe that today is test day. Math test day. And I'd forgotten to study!!" Twilight (Sci Twi) freaks out over the fact that there's a math test today, and she'd completely didn't study for it, let alone prepare.

Twilight pulls out her school/daily planner from her backpack, opening up to exactly last week Tuesday, where she sees that she had written for a test down. "In my planner it says, 'Math Test, Mr. Doodle's math class, study study STUDY!'. Yet I've must of missed it. It's not like me to miss anything!" Twilight throws her arms up in the air, launching the planner from her hands and it landing perfectly atop Mr. Doodle's head, knocking his toupee off in place of it. The teacher not knowing of what happened.

Sunset Shimmer comes and places a hand on Twilight to try to calm her down. "And do you remember what you did instead of studying?"

"I was... I was reading 'Star Gone Dimensions, Volume Six'," Twilight embarrassingly says, her face blushing red, "I couldn't help myself. I was only gonna read the first volume. Next thing you know, I'm at volume eight!"

"Aren't those those old Sci-fi novels from the sixties?" Rainbow Dash asks her. "Plus, I think you're being way too 'overly dramatic' here, Twi."

"'Overly dramatic'? You do realize what's at stake for me here, don't you?"

Both Sunset and Rainbow shakes their heads 'no'.

"What's at stake here is my test grade average. For every test I've taken, I'd scored exactly a ninety-five or above. That is what's at stake here! I've worked so hard to get here and I'm gonna completely blow it 'cause I "decided" to goof off instead." Twilight slides down to the hallway floor, leaning back against the lockers, head down.

Sunset's about to say something when Rainbow interjects: "Ya know Twi. Ya could try just 'wringing it'?"

Twilight looks up at both her friends. "Wringing it?" Hearing this, Twilight thinks in her head of the idea.

"Way to go. Now she's overthinking this." Sunset whispers to Rainbow. Rainbow strugging.

"Yes, I've got it! It's so simple. If I recall, this test will mostly be about fractions. And I'm already good at those!!" Twilight says excitedly, jumping off of the floor and hugging Rainbow.

"Thanks friend," Twilight separates from her, "Now I've got a test to 'wring'." Twilight says with a wink and with defiant as she picks up her backpack and marches on over to Mr. Cranky Doodles' 1st hour math class.

Leaving both Sunset and Rainbow there by themselves.

"Well, at least she's not freaking out anymore." Rainbow says. Sunset facepalming.

***

End of Mr. Doodle's class.

Twilight feeling pretty confident now that the test is over and she can forget about the whole thing.

Well, other than what her test score might be.

As everyone is packing up their bags to head to their next class, Twilight is just sitting at her desk, thinking (and possibly exaggerating) in her head of what her test score might be.

"Miss Sparkle!" Mr. Doodle calls Twilight up to the front of the class.

"Yes." She says with a bit of worry.

"Your test score. It's just... you've completely outdone yourself. Congrats."

"Huh...?" Twilight gasps questioningly before being shown her test. And seeing it being graded 'one-hundred percent' in big, red marker at the top.

"You mean, I..." Twilight stops to think of what else to say, only for her to smile bright and wide.

"Thank you. And... uh..." Twilight stops what she's about to say when she finally notices the top of Mr. Doodles' head. More specifically his toupee.

"Uh, has that always been there?" Twilight asks, pointing at the top of his head.

"What. My toupee? Why, it's always been there. Why do you ask? You like it?!"

Twilight is just speechless, pointing (and staring) at his toupee.

Only it's not his usual, actual toupee. It's actually Twilight's planner.