• Published 22nd Jan 2021
  • 675 Views, 34 Comments

KONO DIO DA: Wrath of Sombra - DIO Brando



The all-encompassing shadow of a fallen king threatens the light of Equestria with a formidable stand power, and there is only one who can help.

  • ...
4
 34
 675

The Focused, the Dead-set, and the Hell-bent

It felt like hours, but it was only minutes. DIO had been walking towards the Crystal Mountains, worried as to how the others were faring. He figured Jonathan would make it; Spike was a 50/50; but Rainbow Dash—especially Fluttershy—he had a significant concern for. He feared greatly for what would come, but he kept himself determined. If they died, then he would avenge them. Brutally.

A few moments more came to pass before DIO happened upon a man dressed in pink, blonde hair with exaggerated curls at the base. DIO didn't recognize him, but he had a feeling that it was Saint.

"DIO Brando," he said, "I don't believe we have properly met."

"Quiet, Saint," he muttered as he continued to approach. Saint turned his face slightly, glaring over his shoulder.

"That is not my name," he said calmly, "I am Funny Valentine, President of the United States."

"Then I am sure Cerberus will be glad to have such an esteemed guest," DIO retorted, summoning The World in front of him. Valentine simply grunted, summoning D4C.

"Why fight for equines, do you not have the most powerful stand?" Valentine asked. DIO frowned, now in range to punch Valentine.

"Explain what you mean," DIO said. Valentine smirked.

"See, we are truly in a similar predicament, in fact—"

"MUDA!"

Valentine flew backwards as The World's fist punched him directly. With D4C only able to block it by a fraction of a second, he still took enough force to cause a snap in his jaw.

"You took too long to hook me in," DIO said, withdrawing The World, "but that kind of speed from your Stand is surely something to pay mind to."

"Ghck," Valentine muttered, spitting out a tooth as he got up, "I should have not expected anymore from one of Diego's variants."

"Can it with your idle chit-chat," DIO said sternly, "where have the others gone?"

Valentine turned around, seeing an angry DIO in his face before being picked up by the vampire. DIO held Valentine's collar tightly, tearing his coat.

"As I expected. . ." Valentine said, trying to keep his breath from the strain on his neck, ". . .they are all alive."

"Then I have no need to worry," DIO said, before throwing Valentine down. Valentine shook his head.

"Ha, you haven't even met Sombra," Valentine replied with a cough, "nor his false bride Phoenix."

DIO raised a brow, looking down at Valentine as he began to get up. Valentine brushed himself off, allowing D4C to vanish behind him.

"I'm fairly certain we've established the winner here," Valentine continued, "and insofar as I am concerned, I have no need to prove myself in battle in this realm. I am only here to search for a way back to America, as it appears my Stand's abilities were altered by Clarity's magic. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap now works like a teleporter, rather than a method of dimensional travel, and Love Train was somehow removed from my stand."

"Now that I think of it," DIO pondered aloud, "Lyra mentioned something about Kira's Bites the Dust. I never observed him using it. My awakened The World also was absent upon my appearance."

"Perhaps it is because of death," Valentine said, "or similar circumstances. For you, however, it was certainly death."

"I suppose you had traveled to my world at some point yourself," DIO mused, to which Valentine chuckled.

"Only for a short while," he said, turning around and facing the Crystal Mountains. He lifted a finger to point, "that is where you will be heading. I cannot tell you the secret of Sombra's stand, but I can tell you that, if you are not careful, it can overwhelm your timestop."

"Over Heaven? Requiem?" DIO asked. Valentine shook his head with a laugh.

"God in Heaven forbid a creature like Sombra evolve his stand to such a point," Valentine said, "but perhaps he will if you do not stop him in time. Yet, as it was your fall, Sombra is greatly egotistical. I believe you will perform well against him."

"You have no sense of loyalty, do you?" DIO asked straightfowardly. Valentine turned back to DIO.

"I have loyalty to my country, that is all," Valentine said sternly, "and when I return, I will kill the Joestar responsible for—"

SPLAACK

Valentine looked down with an expression of shock, a large fist from The World now piercing his stomach entirely. He couldn't feel any pain, just emptiness where his entrails were supposed to be.

"Wh-what?" he coughed violently, spewing blood from his mouth, "why have you. . .done this?!"

DIO leaned into Valentine's ear as his fist took place of The World's. Valentine had no train of thought, just fear of certain death.

"Redemption will not be afforded to you for what you have done," DIO said grimly, "you are dead."

"NO—"

SHRRRIP

DIO tore through Valentine's body like paper. No long monologues, no villainous speeches, DIO simply continued walking as the two halves of Valentine plopped lifelessly onto the ground, the shocked expression now divided about twice of Valentine's height apart.


Sombra looked down in anger at a spell cast by Phoenix, revealing what had happened with all of them. Like a hologram, it displayed from a bird's-eye view the events that unfolded. He let out a fearsome roar, slamming a hoof onto the table and nearly breaking it. Phoenix cowered in fear, as Sombra's loss of composure was frankly terrifying.

"FINE!" he shouted, "then let them take the battle to me!"

"But, my King, what if—" Phoenix said quietly, before being interrupted by Sombra's continued outburst.

"What if what?!" he shouted, getting into Phoenix's face, "Do you doubt me? Do YOU want to fight them yourself?!"

At this moment, Phoenix began to fear the worst of him. Unfortunately, she would be correct.


With about an hour's passing, Jonathan and Spike had met halfway and were on their way to Canterlot castle. It was quite a walk, but they had no choice but to return the wounded before meeting with DIO again. It was just the right thing to do, they believed. Just as the journey had become a bit too strenuous, a rumbling emerged from behind them.

"Maaaake waaaaay!" Fluttershy shouted, riding atop a Timberwolf, to which Jonathan and Spike quickly jumped back as the wolf came to a ground-scraping halt before laying down. Fluttershy stepped down from the Timberwolf, approaching the two warriors who looked beyond confused to begin with. Glancing at Jonathan, then back at Fluttershy, Spike gave a bit of a squeak in response before speaking.

"Fluttershy. . .Did you just. . ?"

"Yes, Spike, I did just ride on the back of Mr. Timberwolf," she said, "predators are meant to be tamed, so it shouldn't be surprising. Now get the unconscious on board and let's walk; he can't carry all of our weight."

The two were speechless as they did as she ordered, almost afraid of what would happen if they didn't. Fluttershy nodded as they finished, before leading the Timberwolf as the other two followed from behind.

"Uh, that's not normal," Spike said, before looking at Rainbow Dash, "Oh, Dear Celestia, she's nearly been butchered—so has Clarity."

"Did you notice something strange about her eyes?" Jonathan asked quietly, "Something seemed off to me. Some familiar energy."

"No clue what you're talkin' about there," Spike admitted, "but you're right about the idea that something is strange about her. By the gods, you don't think that seeing whatever happened to Rainbow Dash must have traumatized her or something, do you?"

"No, I think she's developed more strength," Jonathan replied, "but she has changed from it."

"Sometimes we have to wake up and see," Fluttershy said, "I just helped Clarity and Mr. Timberwolf see, that's all. As a favor."

"Ah I. . .uh. . .I see. . ." Spike said cautiously, as he was suddenly aware that she could hear them from such distance. Fluttershy looked back with a glare, despite the fact that such a stupid pun was unintentional. Only an idiot would write something so silly, let alone come up with it. It was a really low bar, she thought. Yet, she knew it was not Spike's intention to say something so absolutely dumb, and figured it was just his total unawareness of the fact that he made a pun.

The three continued for a while longer, mostly silent aside a bit of idle chat between Jonathan and Spike. The dark of night was nearly over, as the moon faded from view above them. The atmosphere slowly began to light up, the city of Canterlot in the distance, close enough to reach by noon. They had all succeeded; all that was left was getting back to the Crystal Mountains, now.

Fluttershy wasn't thinking too much about what she had seen, what they had gone through, or even how the other fights went. She simply closed her eyes, feeling a rocky path turn into a pavement like Marble, opening her eyes to the royal city. The illustrious capital of Equestria, which she had been only few times, but only now had she noticed the glory of it's brilliant architecture. The many equines walking around cheerfully, so long as they didn't see the Timberwolf.

As the sun had begun to rise, illuminating the heavenly streets and golden architecture, Fluttershy thought of DIO.


DIO had felt no sun because it was far too snowy. Though the cold felt fine to him, it was difficult to see much farther ahead from the snowstorm raging across the mountainous landscape. DIO stopped himself just in time to notice a cliff in front of him. Unfortunately, he was not on the top of that cliff. He sighed gently, stepping his foot into the wall with such strength it tore a hole into the rocks just wide enough for him to balance himself in from the ankle. Continuing with that force, he began to walk up the cliff.

"I haven't done this since ascending Jonathan's mansion," he pondered aloud to himself, "I wonder why."

As he reached the top, the snow had died down a bit. It was perhaps 60 feet tall, so it was quite a walk, but at least the snow clouds were down there. He continued as he saw among small whirlwinds of dry snow the entrance to Sombra's prison-made-castle. He grunted, flying upward and heading towards the entrance. He hoped the best for his friends, he hoped the best for Equestria, he hoped the best for his brother. However, hope was not enough to relieve him of the simple fact that he had no clue what he was going up against.

It was time to confront the bastard behind it all.

Author's Note:

Okay, so I'm high, and I got carried away insulting myself for using the "unintentional pun" writing trick that went out of date like, a year or eighty ago. :flutterrage:

Aside that, this is an intentionally-short chapter, and the next one will be much longer. :twilightsheepish: