• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 378 Views, 46 Comments

The person from the devastated lands. - Green-Venom



A devaster belands in Equestria. Can he adapt from the horrors of his past home and start a new life in this peaceful land?

  • ...
5
 46
 378

First encounters

“What is that?“

Charlie was awoken by something poking his side.

“I don’t know Apple Bloom. Sweetie Belle poke it again.“

Charlie groaned. “I don’t have guarding shift thoday, let me sleep.“

“...“

“You can talk?“

“What are you talking about why wouldn’t be able to...“ Charlie froze as the memory’s from the previous day came back to him. He wasn’t at the base and those weren’t his teammates talking, probably not even other devasters.

That’s when he panicked.

Pang!

Charlie was now standing upright, the desert eagle still smoking from the shot.

It was then that he noticed how small the creatures where that he was facing.

The where only a third of his size, what was the main reason that he his shot didn’t hit them and shattered a window behind them instead. He studied the three creatures closer. They looked like remotely like deers, only without the antler and a different snoutform. The closest to him had white fur with a purple and pink mane and tail. It also had a horn on it's forehead. The second one was orange with a red-purple mane and tail. It had two wings that where surprisingly small wings compared to it's body. The final one was jellow with a red mane. It had no remarcable bodyparts, and instead wore a red bow, something that surprised Charlie. The bow seemed to serve no practical purpuse and seemed to be only worn for looks. He hasn't seen that in a long time. The devasted land had no place for something like that.

Then he noticed the looks in the eyes of the creatures. Not the usual hostility that he was used from anyone that wasn't ally, but pure terror.

"They're affraid of me." he realised. "And they have all reason for that. They didn't even attack me. I am the bad guy here."

He lowered his weapon, feeling guilty wich soon proved itself to be a mistake. With the sice difference still there, the barrel was now pointing at them instead of as planned to the ground.

The white one shrieked and stumbled back. Seconds later the three fell one over the other as they fleed from him escaping trough the trapdoor. Charlie noticed in surprise that the chair he had shoven over the trapdoor had been pushed aside.

"Those creatures are pretty strong for they're size." he realised while watching them running away still trough the now broken window, still wheeling guilty about his actions. "I should leave before things get worse." he thought while picking up his bagpack and heading for the exit.


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Applejack looked surprised up seing three the Cutie Mark Crussaders pursting out of the orchade all three in fullblown panik. "What in tarnation is goin on with you?" she asked grapping Apple Bloom when she was about to run past her.

"Clubhouse, this morning, discovery, jellow guy, attack, stange weapon, running" Apple Bloom replied getting a confused look from her sister.

"Sorry?"

"WhenwewentthismorningtothecluphousewefoundajellowmonsteronthesecondfloorofourcluphouseandwhenwepokeditittalkedandattackedusandAAAAAA!"

"OK sugurcube, calm down and tell me from the beginning what happend."

"Are ye shure that this really happend?" AJ asked in disbelief after the fillies had calmed down enaugh to talk and explained the situation. The three fillies nodded.

Applejack wasn't shure what to make from the story but could tell from the look in the CMC's eyes that something had happened. "Alright, ah will get the other. Whatever it is that that scared you, i will teach it that nobody messes with mah little sister."


"A jellow monster composed out of only a head and four limps with no body? Are you shure?" Twilight asked not shure to make from the story Applejack told her.

"It's what the girl told me, and even when the the discription is wrong there is still something that attacked them. They where in complete panik."

"Whatever monster it is, we gone kick it's but. Even if it dosn't have one." Rainbow Dash said full determination.

"Shouldn't we try to talk to it first?" Fluttershy suggested.

"The girls already tried that. You know what happened after that. Ah don't think that thing is something you can reason with."

"I could try to trow it a party." Pinkie suggested bouncy as always.

"Darling we are talking about a monster here, please take it serioux." Rarity lectured her.

"I am taking this serioux, but the auther doesn't." was the relply, gaining Pinkie Pie confused looks. No one desided to question, all knowing to well that it would only cause more confusion.

"Carefull kow, we are there." all six ponies where now looking at the treehouse.

"So, here is the plane." Twilight said. "We need to-" Rainbow Dash flew of heading at high speed to the cluphouse.

Twilight groaned frustrated hurrying after Rainbow. The rest followed slightly after.

"You can't just run of like that!" Twilight shouted/whispered angrily. "That thing could be dangeroux!"

"Pff, i could handle him." she replied whilr hovering next to the ladder that lead to the second floor. Then she dissapeared trought the trapdoor. The rest quickly followed.

Twillight looked around ones arrived finding the room empty from every any kind of monster. "That's weird, there is nothing here. You thing the girls imagined it afterall?"

"No, something happened here." Applejack pointed at the broken window. "Whatever was here is now gone."

"Look around, maybe we find a clue what it was

It turnt out to be a bust. The six searched on the inside and oudside, but there was any sign what had happened. Twilight was about to suggest to give up when she was interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"I found something."

The other five came running to here after the call.

"This was stuck in a tree oposite of the window. I think this is what broke it." she explained holding out a small jellow/bronze collered piece of mettal. It had the form of a paraboloid and seemed to be made of mettal.

"It was stuck bretty deep in the wood, i only saw it because of the reflecting sunlight."

"For something like that to get stuck in the wood, it needs to fly at an immense velocity. Whatever attcked the fillies has to be either very stong or in possess of to me unknown magic or technology." Twilight said taking objekt from Rainbow and studying it in her magic.

"Ah don't like the sound of that." Applejack said concerned. "That monster is running around freely and seems more and more dangeroux the more we find out about it. We need to stop it!"

"I know." Twilight replied. "But first we need to find out where it is."


Charlie took a step back and looked at his new base feeling slightly proud of himself.

"No more surprises when i wake up." he said to himself while walking inside. "What's next? Right the research bench."

He went to the crafting workbench and took the needed materials from his bag. Then he froze. He looked in his bag again. Then he cursed under his breath. "I don't have an electronic part."

He started pacing. "This is not good, i need a reasearch bench if i want to survive on the long term." Then he stopped remembering the house he saw in the middle of the forest of appletrees when he searched for a good place for his base. "That place might have the things i need."

He looked at the sun that was currently setting. It was to late to go, so he went to his sleeping bag to get a good nights rest. "Tomorrow i got my research bench" was the last thing he thought before drifting to sleep.

Author's Note:

I frote this chapter on my laptop, instead of the Tablet because of the contentfilter desidet that my own chapter was not meant to read by me. :ajbemused:

My laptop has no autocorrect so there might be more mistakes than normal.