• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 378 Views, 46 Comments

The person from the devastated lands. - Green-Venom



A devaster belands in Equestria. Can he adapt from the horrors of his past home and start a new life in this peaceful land?

  • ...
5
 46
 378

Arrival

Author's Note:

This is my first story. I don’t have an editor or even a pre reader. Criticism is highly welcome and the story will likely contain mistakes. (Although i dit use autocorrect.)

If you have any tips how i or the story can improve please tell me. I hope that i can make something that will get your interest.

PS: I can’t say for shure if i will be able to stand trough this story and finish it or if i fill cancel the story halfway. (Depends on the support. I don’t want to waste my time on something nobody is interested in.) Anyway, as long as it’s not marked cancelled it WILL continue. Promised. (There are a lot of story that will never be finished but are still marked as incomplete because the writer never takes the time to officially mark it as cancelled, leaving you wondering if it actually will continue. I am not that person.)

Charlie was running. He didn’t look back, but the sound was telling him that the armored ghoul was close behind him.

Come on, almost there.

His side was stinging and he breathed heavily, but he pushed further.

There! He could see the light from the base.

Once i am back at the base, the others can help me to take down the ghoul.“ he thought.

But he wasn’t there yet, he still wasn’t save. He dashed through the bushes, jumped over rocks always following the light. He gathered his last strength, before he finally arrived at clearing...

...And halted abruptly.

The light in front of him wasn’t the base. No it wasn’t even a structure. It looked more like a hole that someone had ripped in space. It gave of an unnatural light and seemed to be floating in the air, while being surrounded by something that vaguely resembled... Numbers?

What is that? It looks like those glitches that the computers of the research benches sometimes have. I better get the rest of the team so that we-“ his thoughts where cut short by a powerful punch in to his back.

The ghoul...“ Charlie realized while he was send flying towards the strange light-hole.

Then everything went black.


Pain, pain was the first thing Charlie could feel. His senses where telling him that he was laying on grass, while his ears took up the sounds of birds singing-

“Wait! Birds usually don’t sing...“

Charlie opened his eyes, and immediately closed them again after being assaulted by bright sunlight. After a while he slowly opened them back again. He blinked a few times to get used to the light before looking around, immediately knowing that he wasn’t in devast anymore. The world was just way to colorful. He looked around in awe taking in the landscape that was not radiated, but unbelievable colorful, something he only saw in the few books found in abandon houses that showed the world before the meteorstorm that changed the world in to a radioaktive deadzone.

After a while he carefully stood up groaning as his body protested. Nothing he hadn’t dealt with before. When you live in the devasted land, pain was something you where constantly dealing with. You didn’t have much choice, as the other option was dead, what brought him to the next question.

Am i dead? No that can’t be, my body is hurting way to much. So what exactly happened?“ Charlie thought, trying to recall his latest memories. “Right, i fell trough that glitch-vortex or whatever that was, so where am i now?

The second thing he could feel was how hungry he was.

Charlie looked around in panic before sighting in relief after finding out that he was still wearing his backpack. He quickly checked what food he had left, finding one cooked steak, two tomato soups and a handful of rotten tomatoes. He threw the last mentioned away and eat the steak, leaving the longer lasting soup‘s for later. After his stomach stopped complaining he checked what else he still had.

“My tools are all there, that is good.“ Charlie immediately holstered his desert eagle. He had lost his MP5 to the ghoul. “Munition i should have sufficient. A few bandages, leader and string from the deer i found this morning, wood, stone, a bit of metal and sulfur, six energy cell, the radiation mask, my camouflage gear and when i am already at it the chapka i am wearing.“

After the quick check he desided to start moving. “Maybe i find a house that can tell me where i am. I really wish i had a map of this place.“


Charlie looked surprised at a giant field that he discovered after arriving at the top of a hill, filled completely with the same type of tree, all carrying a lot of round red fruits. And there where a lot of them. He once read about these types of fruit. „Are those apples?“ he wondered not shure what to think. He once heard about them, but never saw them. A lot of food was destroyed by the radiation, leaving only a few wild plants that where eatable.

Charlie quickly climbed over the fence that separated him from his goal. “Not very effektiv. Even low walls are designed to not allow people to climb over them.

He quickly forgot about the fence after taking a bait from one of the apples he picked from a tree.

It was the best thing he tasted since... he never tasted something this good before! It was incredibly sweet and neither to soft nor to hard. He had quickly devoured the entire apple including the core, before picking another one. He was so busy with his newfound food of heaven that he didn’t notice sunset until the first stars showed up. That’s when he froze, half eaten core still in his hand.

Charlie cursed under his breath. “How could i be so inattentive?“ he pulled his gun. “I will never be able to build shelter in time and there is no base to return to. Not good, not good, not good.“ he started panicking while having visions of Ghouls killing him, tearing him apart while nobody came to help, eating his body while his screams faded in to the night, explosive ghouls crippling him leaving him defenseless for dead to pick him up and dark angles finding him and doing things with him that his darkest imagination couldn’t even think of.

“OK, Charlie calm down.“ he ordered himself taking a deep breath. “You are armed and still not dead. You know how to survive.“

He slowly continued walking gun ready while listening to the slightest noise. That’s when he found it. It was hidden between the trees but in his high alert state he could make it out.

It was some kind of house build in a tree. It was a bit further away from the apple trees, some kind of platform leading up to the front door.

“That will work.“

Charlie slowly went up to the door gun ready for the slightest sign of danger. He checked the door, (It wasn’t locked) before opening it gun ready to fire at anything or anyone that could be dangerous.

The room that greeted him had a platform on the opposite end of the room. It had different kinds of furniture standing around and even more tools and craftmaterials laying with no clear sign of order. The walls where covered with posters and different pictures and there was a target painted on the floor for some reason. After that he climbed up to the second floor finding it proved to also be empty from anyone who could have owned the house.

Guess it’s abandon. Probably better that way.“ he thought before showing a heavy chair over the trapdoor to prevent anyone from entering the second floor.

He placed the bagpack with his things down him and used it as a pillow before gently drifting in to sleep, his dessert eagle next to him, ready and loaded.