• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 378 Views, 46 Comments

The person from the devastated lands. - Green-Venom



A devaster belands in Equestria. Can he adapt from the horrors of his past home and start a new life in this peaceful land?

  • ...
5
 46
 378

Arrival of new friends and enemies

“Booting up systems.“

Charlie watched the HAL Bot that he had crafted a while ago and had currently deployed.

“I currently only have enough resources for one. Let’s hope that’s enough...“

“Don‘t worry Charlie.“ Lapy said, currently repairing a wall from a previous Hydra attack. “We haven’t spotted any other Ghouls jet, if we’re lucky, it might have been the only one that followed us from the devasted lands...“

“It’s easily noticeable that you’re not that long online jet. Something always goes wrong.“

“Have you ever tried being optimistic jet?“

“I am optimistic.“ Charlie replied flatly. “But I’m also realistic.“

It was silent for a moment, before it was interrupted by a new voice.

“All systems online.“

Both Charlie and Lapy turned towards the HAL Bot that was currently inspecting it’s surrounding.

“Where are we?“ it finally asked. “This location doesn’t match any place i know from my data files about the devasted lands...“

Charlie turned towards Lapy. “Care to fill your new brother in on the situation? I need to gather some resources.“

“Brother?“ the HAL Both asked in a confused tone.


Twilight carefully followed the Cutie Mark Crusaders trough the Everfree Forest.

“How did you convince me to let you come with me in to the Everfree Forest again?“ Twilight asked, nervously looking around.

“Because we’re the only ones that know where Lapy lives and desperately want to know more about him?“ Scootaloo replied.

“True.“ she replied with a sight. “Your sisters are going to kill me...“

“Psst, i hear something.“ Sweetie Belle informed them.

...telling me that we landed here trough some kind of glitch? an unknown voice asked.

That’s what he told me... a more familiar voice replied.

The three fillets looked at each other, excitement written on their faces.

“LAAPYYY!“ the shouted in an at the same time in a bundle of happiness, before storming on to the clearing Lapy was on.

The new bot turned towards them, and Twilight felt a shudder running down her spine for some reason when she spotted it. It resembled an iron ball with two legs and arms sticking out of it. It had heavy armor, and was leaking any kind of facial expression. Instead it had a glowing red eye.

It hadn’t noticed Twilight jet, and was instead inspecting the crusaders who where excitingly hugging Lapy.

“Individuals identified as Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.“ it said. “Status: Companion.“

Twilight followed the crusaders, on to the clearing, and the new bot‘s head shot up, looking at her.

“Individual identified as... Error, unknown individual detected.“ The bot‘s eye started to glow brighter. “Termination directive initiated!“


Charlie was bringing his pickaxe down a final time, shattering the rock he had been mining.

“Still no iron.“ he sighted. “The rocks here look so different. How am i supposed to find iron deposits this way...“ He looked around, realizing that he had minnend down every rock in the perimeter. “I’m getting the feeling that there aren’t any ore deposits at all... That would be bad, very bad.“

He continued his way,searching for more possible ore veins. Most creatures had learned by now to not mess with him, but he chaised away a particularly stubborn Timberwolf with his crossbow. He kept his gun for emergency’s, since he couldn’t craft any more bullets without sulfur.

He started mining down another rock that hopefully was an iron deposit. He hadn’t been able to find any iron since he came to this world, with the exception of his trips to the locals, and if that wouldn’t change anytime soon he might need to switch from crossbow to bow, something he wanted to avoid if possible.

The rock broke, again without giving him any iron. Charlie sighted, dropping some the stone he gathered. He wouldn’t need this much anyway.

He was about to continue with the next one when he noticed a light shining between the trees. That immediately coughed his interest, causing him to carefully approach it.

Light? Does any other intelligent creature live in these woods? The locals i meet until now are afraid of this place, so what could it be?

He glanced from behind a tree, spotting the source... and froze. I few meters away from him a... “How did i call them again?...“ A glitch was floating in the air, similar to the one that brought him to Equestria.

He starred at it for a moment, before he smiled. “This is it. With this i can go back ho...“ He stopped again, reconsidering his thoughts. Did he really wanted to go back to the devasted lands? Yes, he was born there, but surviving there was a constant struggle for survival. Here however he had it easier, no radiation at all, food didn’t expire as fast, and most of the wildlife was easy to deal with. So why would he want to go back?

The team is still there.“ he realized. “They are your friends Charlie, don’t be selfish. Why would you get a life in paradise if they can’t... Wait a minute...“ He paused once again. “They can have this life. What if i could bring them over here? I just need a way to prevent the glitch from closing while I’m going trough but how?

He didn’t get to far with his thinking as suddenly the glitch started shifting, glowing a bit, before finally... something popped trough.

It was a small brown creature that looked around a bit, before it turned towards Charlie, revealing an ugly disformed face.

Fast ghoul!“ the devaster realized, as it dashed towards him, clearly with the intention to kill.

Charlie instinctively equipped his Desert Eagle, firing a shot... and another one... until it finally was death, dissolving in to a puddle of green ghoul blood.

“Al last i know now where the ghouls come from...“

The glitch collapsed in to itself, disappearing as if it never was there.

“Great. So much for getting the team back...“


Twilight stared at the HAL Bot that was coming for her, with the clear intention to kill. Her entire mind was screaming at her to run, to teleport away, but neither her legs, nor her magic was willing to listen.

All she could do was watch as the terrifying bot quickly closed the distance between them. She closed her eyes.

“Stop that HAL-1!“ a voice suddenly shouted.

The bot’s fist stopped a few centimeters from her face. Twilight‘s eyes darted to the speaker, no daring to move.

“She’s a friend and ally.“ Lapy said. “We’re not in the devasted lands anymore. You don’t need to attack every living being that you don’t recognize. We life somewhere where not everything that you see tries to kill us.“

HAL-1 lowered his fist, looking embarrassed, although it was hard to tell without any facial expressions. “Oh, right... Uhm... sorry. I guess...

He walked back to Lapy and the Crusaders, the later not having noticed anything of the little incident.

“Sorry about him.“ Lapy said, walking over to Twilight. “He‘s a nice guy, but a bit... protective. I’m sure you will become good friends once you learn to know him.“

“Do i want to know him?“ Twilight unsurely asked.

Lapy thought for a moment. “His personality yes, his job no.“