• Published 16th Jan 2021
  • 2,762 Views, 6 Comments

Displaced Diet-y - MetalBrony20



After the discovery of a long lost Somnambulan temple, Rainbow Dash's curiosity will lead her across worlds; where the sun scorches the land, vast temples are erected for innumerable gods, and pegasi are treated as heavenly figures.

  • ...
11
 6
 2,762

Chapter 4 - Passing the Mantle

Midday was a tough time in the city. The sun was at its zenith, illuminating every building as it cast it’s blazing rays upon any creature daring to work in the heat. It was a time where most would seek refuge indoors and cower away from the stifling heat. However, for the first time in a long, long time, families and friends gathered outside, huddled under any and all available shade as they stood entranced by the spectacle currently working its way through the streets.

A small contingent of soldiers marched ahead of the group, each wielding a bronze khopesh, marching in formation. Behind them, three palanquin were being guided through the bustling streets. The first two were similar in design and decoration, though one did sport heavier religious motifs. Behind them, the real star of the show emerged. Wider, taller and gilded in all manner of gemstones and metals. Beneath the covered top, Rainbow Dash sat upon a wonderfully comfortable cushion, looking out at the gathered crowd.

Of course, cheering crowds was something she was all too familiar with. Be it at her air shows, or the handful of times she’d helped to save Equestria, the whole experience was nothing new to her. Though there were a few differences, one being the way they celebrated her. At the mere sight of her crowned head, their excitement seemed to exponentially rise. Some, however, went near silent, their hands resting upon their hearts, staring at her with a reverence unlike any other.

Still though, she took the various forms of attention in her stride, her magenta eyes filled with excitement as she waved at as many ponies and zebras as she could. A motion she was inherently familiar with, which had been spoiled as of recent. The main culprit of this was the extra flab that clung to her arm. In fact, Rainbow’s entire body had been rapidly packing on the pounds over the last few days since her arrival.

Though the city had been experiencing poor harvests for many years, Rainbow hardly noticed, considering the sheer quantity of food she consumed daily. Every morning consisted of a table groaning with cereals, breads, sweet fruits, and greasy meats. Each lunch consisted of yet more bread, cold or hot meats, cheeses and vegetables. Dinner came with promises of additional servings of meat, alongside hearty sauces, boiled or grilled vegetables, creamy soups and stacks of the freshest baked bread.

This was in addition to chalices of fruit juice, fatty milk and even wine. Not to mention snacks and desserts, featuring cakes topped with honey and cream, crafted to such perfection that Celestia herself would be jealous of them. Despite the deluge of food, Rainbow, against all odds managed to pack a good amount of it away into her now flabby, jiggly middle.

The pegasi’s increasing appetite had had some profound effects upon her body. Where once a trim, muscled core had proudly existed, a spare tyre of pudge had ballooned forth. Rolling forwards onto her lap, the expanded orb of cyan pudge jostled and undulated with each movement she made. As such, it made it difficult to tuck her stomach into anything, forcing her to just let it ooze out of her outfit. A trend which was continued at her sides, as two pliable love handles ringed around and formed an ever worsening muffin top as the waistband of her enlarging outfit was smothered.

Behind her, Rainbow’s once slight and curved ass had been inflated. Pounds of adipose had made their mark upon her buttocks, causing them to swell outwards. As such, she often filled out most seats she sat in, her doughy ass cheeks spreading out from her increasing weight. Connected to her burgeoning butt was her thickening thighs. Once well toned with defined musculature from her athletic pursuits, they had become just another place to deposit blubber. Her lower legs too had become swollen with excess lard, causing her legs to adopt a girth comparable to that of a young tree.

Further up her body, her top half had fared just as poorly to the influx of gelatinous cellulite. Her wings, normally so free and isolated on her back, had recently developed some new neighbours in the form of squishy deposits of back fat. Though not significantly large at the moment, the base of the wings covered by a sight fold forming, ringing around and connecting to her ballooning bust. As with the majority of pegasi, her boob’s were small, perky little mounds, helping to maintain her aerodynamics as she flew. No longer, as the pair had taken a good chunk of adipose. From just larger than apples, to nearly double their size, the extra heft granted caused them to jiggle and wobble around much more than she was used to. As such, they filled out and strained her top, which was becoming less and less adequate with each snack that passed through her lips.

Her legs were not the only appendage to become engorged with flab. Her upper arms had been morphed into chunky, ham like bingo wings, which would easily tear through most sleeves they were squeezed into. With each gesture of her arm, the blue slab of fat would rock about like a stormy ocean, propagating the motion through her entire figure, especially towards her face.

No part of her body had escaped her expansion, her head being no exception. Her once easily noticeable and well defined neck had been blanketed by a slight coating of fat. Connected to this, a wobbly set of jowls and rounded cheeks ballooned on her face. This was joined by a double chin that sagged down, almost constantly in motion every time she talked, breathed and ate. All in all, within only a couple of days, she had turned from a peak, competition ready physique, to a doughy couch potato.

Of course, Rainbow had noticed her expanding form. Given the number of reflective surfaces in the palace, it was only a matter of time before she saw her gains. Initially, she was confused, and just a bit annoyed. She’d worked hard to maintain her fitness damn it, and she wasn’t just going to let herself go like this. From that point, she decided to come up with an exercise routine to try and reduce her weight gain and try to restrain herself at the table.

Soon after she’d resolved to lose some flab, two roadblocks became apparent. The first being her hostesses. Despite how much they told her that she was the embodiment of the goddesses or the arbiter of change for the land, Rainbow didn’t have much time to herself for her own activities. Most of the time was taken up with them discussing each other's cultures, lessons about Akhethra history and culture, Hieroglyphic reading and writing among a myriad of tutoring sessions. All in all, whilst some of it was interesting, she often found herself distracted, as she fiddled with writing implements or furniture to alleviate her boredom. Furthermore, there was very little down time to herself, the majority of which was occupied by her other main obstacle to slimness.

Meal times. When she wasn’t busy studying or being lectured, most of the time she was being fed large amounts of delicious food. And regardless of how much mental scolding she attempted, or how much she tried to limit herself, she always seemed to cave under the simplest of suggestions. Afterall, what was one bread roll more going to do? Or one extra hunk of meat? Or one extra bowl of pudding? By the end of each meal, she was stuffed to the gills and bloated with food, more so in the evening.

This led to feelings of lethargy, which would discourage her from exercising. In the end, the only workout she ever got was walking around the palace, surrounded by servants and maids, who all witnessed her expanding size. And yet, none of them seemed even remotely bothered by her girth. In fact, it was more of the opposite. They seemed to fawn over her, telling her how beautiful her looks were, or how gorgeous her figure was. The guards hadn’t reacted in the slightest, face’s blank with emotion. In fact, in all of her time spent at the palace, only one person had given her a funny look. She’d initially thought these cordial greetings and stoicism were out of politeness, considering her status.

However, this notion of professional politeness was being eroded, bit by bit. Be it the oftentimes lustful looks she sometimes caught from the corner of her eye, to the more and more common gropes she received from Zanubia and especially Hetramila, to the reactions of new ponies in the streets. Waving out at the crowds, not one of them showed any hint of disgust or embarrassment at her size. They clapped and cheered all the same, as the procession was guided down a turning, leading into a wide, heavily decorated street.

Her arm feeling a little tired from the constant waving, she was interrupted by a pleasant aroma, blowing in through the windows. Soon, her mouth began to water, as she spotted row after row of stalls and tents lining the road, each producing their own unique, but amazing smells. A couple of meters more, and the palanquin was lowered to the ground with a light thud, sending a small plume of sand into the air.

Stretching her legs, she lifted herself to her feet with a grunt. One of her carriers opened the side, allowing the pegasus to clamber out and into the intense sunlight. Now fully exposed, the gathered audience watched on with awe, gazing at her impressive wings, her stunning crown and even her plus sized physique. Given her continually expanding size, Rainbow’s clothing size lagged behind her growth. Most things she wore showed off plenty of skin, and the things that did cover often got uncomfortable or sweaty, owing to the ever present, sweltering heat.

The palace tailor was certainly busy, constantly having to resize and remake her ensemble larger and larger every other day. The outfit itself was inspired by her hosts, incorporating elements into her new attire. Her top was rather modest, the primarily white fabric connected to a black band that cupped underneath her immense breasts. In addition, due to her widening arms, sleeves were an impossibility. Instead, large flowing drapes covered her chunky upper arms and elbows, the material partially transparent. These faux sleeves stretched across her front to her chest, the two sides joined by a golden and turquoise encrusted scarab.

Her immense gut flopped out of the midriff gap, the end obscuring much of the skirt below. A complimentary black belt sat around her waist, connected to a length of fabric not too dissimilar to the one Zanubia wore. The majority of this detail was obscured by the mass of cyan blubber, only the end emerging, displaying a golden Ankh, set amongst the ebony fabric. Like the flowing sleeves, the pale material of the skirt was designed to be loose and airy, yet it still managed to be stretched and pulled tight by Rainbow’s immense thighs. Around her neck, an extra wide collar was placed. However, much like the detailing on her clothes, it too was becoming lost from the ring of neck fat, blanketing over the beautifully bejeweled article.

With a small contingent of guards around her, she ambled towards Hetramila and Zanubia, both paused by the steps of a grand temple ahead, capping the end of the marketplace. Set in the center of the steps was a large platform. Behind it was a cobra headed statue, holding a flail and ankh aloft. At the statue’s feet, a podium stood, facing out towards the accumulating audience. The three of them quickly climbed the steps, Rainbow lagging behind ever so slightly, as they assembled behind the podium.

The crowd chatted and muttered amongst themselves, hushing up as Hetramila raised her hand. “Welcome, one and all, to this most auspicious of days. For years, the task of ruling these lands was placed upon mine and Zanubia’s heads. For that time, we waited for an equine of notable status. For one that had the courage, will and strength to guide us forth, much like a spear from a trained soldier's throw. For years, we have lived in hope for such a time.” She paused, allowing her words to wash over the audience.

“We wait, no longer.”

“For those skeptics out there, while your concerns were fair, the goddesses above have provided us with an heir. Upon a ray of light, she emerged before me upon her wings in flight. For many days, we have spent helping her adapt to our ways. In this time, we have allowed her to blossom and our confidence in her climbed. Starting today, I step down from my position as co-ruler and into that of chief advisor.”

“Adding on to what High Priestess Zanubia said, I too will step down from my position as High Governor and shift into a position of advisement for our new ruler. Now presenting your Queen, who descended upon us from the goddesses above, Pharoah Rainbow Dash!” Stepping aside, the pair allowed Rainbow to waddle to the forefront.

Standing behind the podium, the pegasus stared out into the crowd, clearing her throat. “Well, I’m not really one for speeches, this is kinda my first time doing something like this after all, heheh” She chuckled, some of the audience laughing with her. “So yeah, I hope I can be the most awesome ruler ever… no offence you two.” Again, some light laughter arose. “So, enough of me talking, let’s get this party started!”

With a whooping cheer, it soon passed through the crowd, with a number of them moving back to their stalls. Still though, a large group watched Rainbow, as she awkwardly shuffled over to her now chief advisors. “Well, your highness, I must say that was an... unconventional speech. But it had merit “. She paused. “Now for something a bit different. No doubt you’ve noticed the amazing smell?”

At the mere mention of food, a low grumbling gurgle emitted from Rainbow’s doughy middle, causing the ex-governor to giggle lightly. “I take that as a yes? Well, you’d better get down there and start sampling. No doubt you’d make many ponies and zebras oh so very pleased, if you were to, say, give them a glowing review from the new Pharaoh.”

“Sure, why the hay not? It’s been a while since breakfast I guess.” Hetramila nodded politely, neglecting to remind her that breakfast had only been an hour ago. Strolling down the steps, Rainbow weaved her way through the crowd, aided by her guards and advisors. As she got closer, the overwhelming scent of a dozen or more flavours entered her nostrils. Smiling, she stepped up to the nearest stall, the front of which was covered by a small tent. Pushing open the flap, Rainbow made her way inside, the smell of sweet confections strengthening.

The owner had her back turned, crouched down, she was fiddling with something or other on a shelf low down. “Just a second dear, I’ll be with you in a moment....” Turning her head, she caught sight of her customer, eyes widening, she slowly turned around to face the counter. No longer bent over, Rainbow could get a good view of the pony, who towered a good head over her, the crown’s peak only just reaching higher.

Her body was more fleshed out than the majority of other ponies or zebra’s she’d seen around. Every inch of her figure had a softness to it, widening or rounding several parts of her anatomy. From her round cheeks, to her slight belly that protruded forwards. However, the roundness that graced the rest of her figure, couldn’t hope to compare to the set of absolutely massive breasts that stretched her linen top to the max. So engorged with sloshy fat and milk, that the fabric conformed around the jiggly mounds. So large they were, that they brushed the tabletop of the counter, undulating gently with each breath she took. Rainbow couldn’t help but gape at the size of them, only just remembering she was in public, her eyes moving upwards to save grace.

They reached a warm, motherly face that gave her an equally welcoming smile. Her skin was a light brown, very close to red in hue. It was complemented by the dark chocolate hair that flowed in great long locks, several strands reaching as far as her hips. Circling above her forehead was a thin band of gold, helping to keep her absurdly long hair in check. Rainbow soon became acutely aware of the silence, the mare across from her still giving her the same warm smile, with just a tint of blush flooding into her cheeks.

“Ehehe… sorry about that.”

“That’s quite alright my dear, I mean, your majesty. Plenty of people get rather starstruck for some reason.” She brightly responded, breasts bouncing as she chuckled lightly.

“Yeah… don’t worry about calling me by my title if you don’t want to.”

“Of course, my dear. Now, would you care to try some of my wares?”

“You bet! Err… what is it you're selling again?” Rainbow rubbed the back of her head.

“Cakes, you’ll be pleased to hear. I’m a baker by trade, and served many customers in my time.” Lifting a cloth, the pegasus caught a glimpse of an absolutely wonderful looking dessert, sitting atop a gleaming plate. Stepping up to it, Rainbow could smell a wonderful mingling of cream and honey amongst the moist fluffy sponge. It had been cut into several equal slices, with the one closest to the front protruding outwards invitingly.

“Wow, that looks sooooo good.”

“Thank you. Feel free to have as much as you’d like my dear.” Needing no more prompting, Rainbows hand grabbed a slice. Very light, with a slight stickiness to it, she took a large bite, letting out a deep moan as she chewed. Swallowing quickly, she quickly worked through the piece, reducing it to little more than crumbs. Smacking her lips, she grabbed a second piece, continuing to wolf it down with little care for her manners. Afterall, she was Queen, right? She was the one who was in charge.

Stuffing chunk after chunk into her gob, her mouth started to feel dry. Before she could think to ask for a drink, a cup full of milk was set to her side. Nodding appreciatively, she gulped heartily, letting out a belch as she finished. Section by section, the cake disappeared, already missing half its mass as Rainbow’s middle swelled outwards. From the stretched organ, low groans and glorps emanated as thousands of calories rapidly processed and digested. All the while, the eyes of the cobra on her crown glowed.

Before the baker's very eyes, she watched as her new ruler widened. Her top rode upwards, the fabric tightening as fresh blubber built across her back, breasts and arms. Further south, Rainbow’s skirt was suffering the same punishment, as her hips, butt and thighs continued their rounding as they flared outwards. Along with this, her roll ringed belly sagged ever further outwards, obscuring the skirt with more and more juicy cyan flesh. Every moment, the air was filled with sound; groaning and blorping of her belly, moans and mumbles of enjoyment intermingled with creaking and popping of stitches, followed by a belch to make more room.

A few minutes later, Rainbow was wiping crumbs off the plate. A cake that had taken hours to create, had been decimated in only a fraction of the time. The store owner should have felt some indignity at the level of greed and gluttony on display. Instead, a sense of pride swelled in her core, her ever present smile widening. “Did you enjoy that my dear?”

“Oh yeah, that was totally awesome. Best cake I’ve ever had.” She mumbled in response, stifling a burp with her hand.

“I’m pleased you liked it.”

“Don’t mention it.” Satisfied she’d gathered every last crumb up, she placed the plate back with a light clunk. “That was so good, I might get some more later… what did you say your name was?”

“Ipyat. Proud owner of Ipyat Confections. My store is on Crescent street, a few blocks away from here.”

“Sounds great. Thanks for the awesome food Ipyat.”

“No problem, Pharaoh Rainbow Dash, my dear” She finished with another of her light, bouncy chuckles, sending her rack bouncing once more. With a slight bow, Rainbow exited the tent, the sweet smell of Ipyat’s cakes disappearing, lost amongst the rest of the market. As her guards stepped away from the entrance, she continued to the next stall. Hardly paying attention, her brain dawned on the realisation that she was going to have to eat much, much more. That, and Ipyat was really, really hot.