• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 623 Views, 7 Comments

A Confusing Life - DrSandwitch



New town, new home, new life, will I live a good one or a bad one? I don't know and I'm not even sure I want to know, but I'll accept anything that happens... maybe.

  • ...
2
 7
 623

Pinkies Pie

Author's Note:

School got me :/

The words that had left Pinkie's mouth filled me with fear knowing that the "crusaders" she speaks of are the fillies that I had met and attempted to avoid for the whole day. Pinkie knowing these fillies or so-called crusaders made me worry for myself even more.

"Earth to Confusion, you there?" the Pink pony says attempting to snap me back to reality.

"Uh, yes I'm here."

"Great, follow me!" Pinkie says as she trots out the kitchen door and to the lobby.

As much as I hate talking to other ponies especially fillies, I do hate to see an old friend look disappointed, especially Pinkie the world's most active and happy pony I know here in Equestria. But out of all ponies, why did it have to be the three fillies that happen to be standing inside the lobby. The only benefit I can get from this is that I won't be getting any paste on my horn.

I shook my head getting myself back to the real world and putting my focus back on Pinkie who had already left the kitchen. I got off my seat and proceeded to trot to the lobby as slow as I can, the slower I trot the better... I didn't say I was excited to do it, did I?

"Confusion are you coming?" Pinkie shouts in the lobby.

Ok, maybe I should get this over with, I'm probably trying her patience right now.


Walking into the lobby, I see the three fillies talking to each other by the counter with Pinkie. Pinkie notices me as I trot to the lobby and grew a face of excitement. I crouched behind the counter making myself un-visible to the fillies in the lobby, though I should have known this was a stupid idea for it did not even work for a second. The fillies noticed and stared at me with confusion, Pinkie did the same.

I looked up to see Pinkie staring at me with a confused and dumbfounded look on her face, something you would see from one of the "Pony Drama Island" comics in the stores.

"You alright Confusion?" Pinkie asks me with concern.

"CONFUSION?!" the three fillies exclaimed making their voices audible to the ponies outside the store.

I got off the floor and stood by Pinkie as we stared at the fillies with confusion. They stared at me with their jaws dropped and their eyes widen, I know how stupid my name is but it couldn't be that shocking to a pony especially these three.

"You're Confusion?!" the orange one asks with interest, I replied with a casual nod.

"The pony from school?!" the white one asks followed by a squeak, I noded with an eyebrow raised, where are they going with this?

"The one that lived in Manehatten and lived a horrible life?!" pink bow pony asked with a really concerned face... really weird question to follow up with the rest if you ask me. I nodded slowly with a scared look on my face.

"Apple Bloom!" Pinkie exclaimed at pink bow or Apple Bloom with shock showing a grin of disappointment, I guess that was necessary.

"Give me a sec Confusion, I have to talk to them in private for a moment if that's fine with you!" Pinkie says as she trots to the three fillies and escorting them somewhere farther away from me or at least away from my sight.

"Go ahead, take your time I won't be doing anything," I replied casually not even giving a damn at this point, I mean hey at least they're gone, right?


It has been about four minutes since Pinkie and the others left the lobby, I don't know what's taking them that long but I don't really mind. The door opens revealing both Pinkie and the crusaders, just as I was getting comfortable they arrive.

"Sorry you had to wait here for a couple of minutes, I just had to... explain something to the girls," Pinkie says while giving the others a death stare.

"Don't worry it's fine, you know I like being alone right?"

Pinkie trots to the kitchen leaving me and the other fillies in the lobby. The fillies looked sorry and embarrassed, I'm not sure if I should fear Pinkie for this or if I should be thankful but in this case, I think I'll stay neutral I mean she might have used her Gipsy magic I keep hearing about, hehe what a joke.

Pinkie left the kitchen while holding a tray with a couple of pastries on it, a gift for me perhaps? She places the tray on the counter in the lobby, she pulls out a piece of paper and places it on the pastry or a pie to be specific. She then pushes the tray towards me, I was starting to get a weird feeling about what is going on, but it's a pie so... I guess it's for me?

"Listen Confusion, I have a lot of things to do here. Would you be so kind and deliver this pie to this location right here?" she points to a dot on the piece of paper or a small map left on the pie.

I stood with confusion not understanding why she would want me to do this chore, these fillies are here why not let them take the job? They probably know the town better than me.

Pinkie takes notice of my confused stare and giggles, she then turns towards the three fillies and placed a hoof on her chin rubbing it like she had an idea.

"Hey girls, I have a job for you too! Why don't you help Confusion deliver this pie?" she announces gladly to the three.

"NO NO NO IT'S FINE! I can do this on my own," I made myself clear to Pinkie hoping that she understands I don't need the help at all... though I do think I need it.

"Nonsense you do need the help besides, I know you hate talking to other ponies when your on your own," she smirks at me showing that she knows me too well.

She uses her knowledge about me to win, great... I won't argue she is right, I do hate talking to others but I think I'm starting to overcome that fear. But the logic to this is stupid, she wants me to work with fillies when the chances of having a conversation with them are very high.

I shook my head and snapping back to reality, I used my horn to carry the pie beside me. For a cracked horn, I'm surprised it still works. I turned my head to the fillies and sighed, I then nodded at them showing that I would be glad to have them with me. The fillies looked at each other with a questioned face, they then looked at Pinkie and gave her a smile then slowly looking back at me. It's creepy how they are so synchronized.

"Don't worry Confusion we can help you, maybe we can also show you around the town after that... only if we have enough time to do so, what do you say?" the white filly asks with excitement.

"Uhh, sure why not I don't have anything better to do, I think..."

"Well you guys better get going, that pie won't deliver itself you know," Pinkie says as she continues to laugh.

"You're right, we should get going. Cya Pinkie, it was nice meeting you again!" I said as I trot out the main door while waving at Pinkie.

I started to look down onto the ground after trotting away from the door, why do I have to put up with this. The fillies noticed me looking down with depression, I did nothing but stared at them with confusion since I have no idea what to do.

"It's ok if you don't want to deliver this pie, you can do whatever you want while we deliver for you!" pink bow says with a concerned tone.

"Oh, no no it's fine, I can do this. Thanks for the offer but I'm fine, Pinkie told me to do it so I'll do it!"

"If you say so..."

"WAIT CONFUSION I FORGOT TO PUT THE PASTE ON YOUR HORN!" Pinkie exclaimed from the building making herself audible to anypony close to the area.

The three fillies looked at me with confusion, I stared at them with fear and a nervous smile. I pulled out my saddlebag and looked at the watch I packed inside.

"Oh, would you look at that girls, we are running out of time, LETS GET GOING!" I said as I started to gallop away from the block.