• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 622 Views, 7 Comments

A Confusing Life - DrSandwitch



New town, new home, new life, will I live a good one or a bad one? I don't know and I'm not even sure I want to know, but I'll accept anything that happens... maybe.

  • ...
2
 7
 622

Lost and Confused

Taking one last bite I finally finished my sandwich my parents made for me back in the apartment, I should be doing something to pass the time while waiting for my parents to arrive on the next train. I stayed on the floor thinking about what I should do now here in Ponyville since the next train won't arrive after the next five hours.

I groaned with boredom hoping something interesting might happen. A piece of paper glided its way to me landing on the floor, I picked up the paper with curiosity and saw a whole map of Ponyville.

“Well that's something,” I said to myself as I inspect the map.

I looked around trying to find who the map belongs to but no pony was in sight but me, I was starting to feel like I was being watched in every direction. I shrugged the feeling off of me for a while and looked down at the map I got from the floor.

"I guess this is mine now?"

I kept that thought in my head as I got up placing my saddlebag on my back and using my magic to hold the map, my magic is not that strong so I’m not able to carry heavy objects just yet but thankfully the map isn’t heavy at all and is light enough for my magic to hold.

"it would be obvious since it is made out of paper," my mind says stating the obvious.

"Oh shut up me."

I shook my head trying not to get into a fight with myself and decided to explore the town, once I walk through this long dirt road leading to it.

-

After a long walk, I finally made it to the entrance of the town, though on the way here I stepped on a couple of pebbles and tripped on a root which caused me to land on more pebbles.

"Oh Celestia, my hooves are really sore and my face is filled with dirt I just hope I could find someplace to relax in."

I gave myself a short rest trying to recover from the pain I had to go through while I was on the way. I pulled out the map with my magic to see where I should go first. The first place that caught my attention was the park, I was wondering if the park would be much cleaner and if they had more ponies in it than the parks I see in Manehattan.

I started to wander into the town trying to find my way to the park, I see a few amounts of ponies outside not like the amount I see in Manehattan because in the city the streets are filled with lots of ponies but here it's almost empty. I was getting the feeling that I was getting lost so I tried to find the nearest cafe or shop I could find so that I could check my map.

I finally found a local cafe after roaming around lost, I approached a chair outside and took a seat, I looked at the map trying to find out where I am and it seemed like I was lost.

“Where am I going?” I frustratingly said scratching my head with my hoof.

"I'm completely lost in a new town why did I think exploring was a good idea," I thought to myself how stupid the idea was.

“Hello there little one, is there anything you would like?” A mare approached me from behind.

I turned around to see a pink mare in uniform "I'm guessing she works here" I thought to myself.

“Uh, do you have any tea I could have?” I asked hoping the answer would be a yes, a drink might refresh my brain and probably could help me with my being lost problem.

“We don’t have tea here sorry, in the other hoof we have iced tea, would you like some?”

"A cafe with no tea? What type of cafe is this?" the thoughts grew everywhere in my mind causing me to think deeply about the cafe, I stopped questioning myself for the mare was staring at me with a confused smile, I probably said all that out loud huh.

We stared at each other silently and awkwardly for quite some time.

“Iced tea is fine thank you,” I said giving myself a sigh at the end breaking the silence between us.

The mare then shook her head and entered the cafe. "Well, that was something" the thought passed my head as I placed the map in my saddlebag and lied my head on the table, trying to calm myself down from the stress I’m going through right now.

I watch as ponies walk past by the cafe, some on their own, some in groups, and some that are couples. I'm not seeing many unicorns and pegasi around here, but I guess that's fine.

I hear the door open from behind me, "I’m guessing the mare is back with the ice tea."

The idea popped in my head for that's all I ever wanted right now but instead, I hear a couple of ponies laughing together behind me, I turned around to see a group of ponies making their way to the road. They were making jokes and complementing each other about how "stylish" they were when nopony was even wearing a single piece of clothing.

I watched them leave the cafe together as they talked to each other.

"What a lovely group of friends," I said in my mind making me feel depressed.

"What’s wrong with me, why in the name of Celestia would I just make myself depressed?" the thoughts flew in my head as I try to keep myself together.

“Here is your ice tea,” the mare said as I turned around startled by her, she was holding a tray in her mouth with a glass of ice tea on it.

She places the glass on my table, I nodded and gave a half-smile to the mare as she walks back into the cafe.

"Well I guess I could try to relax now," I said in my mind picking up the glass with my hooves and taking a sip out of the drink.

-

Time has passed and I finally finished the ice tea, I placed the glass on the table and grabbed two bits in my saddlebag placing them beside the glass.

“I hope this is enough,” I said to myself in fear as I got up from my seat and pulled the map out with my magic hoping that this time I would probably understand it even more.

I am still lost and I have no clue what I am doing, but all I know is that I’m close to the park, all that resting for nothing that's just great.

“Are you lost, kid?” A mare said from behind, I turned around to see the mare in uniform again.

“Oh, y-yeah I’m pretty much lost.” I stuttered in embarrassment hoping that the mare could help.

“Where are you heading sweetie?” she asked me like it was a normal thing here in the cafe, I guess I’m not the only pony who got lost here.

“I’m heading to the park, can you help me with that?” I said questioning the mare in hope that she would.

“She gave me a smile and said, “Follow me, I’ll take you there.”

I followed her as she leads me to the park, well at least now I don’t have to ask where the park is. I gazed my curious head around my surroundings on the way, I don’t see much but stores and restaurants around me. I looked into the skies to see two pegasus flying together moving clouds around the sky, I'm guessing that they are the weather control.

While staring at the sky I bump into something solid I then tumbled into the ground falling flat on my back.

“Are you ok?” I hear a mare questioned me with concern, I believed I’ve bumped into the mare that was leading me to the park

“I'm so sorry I wasn’t looking at where I was going,” I said while pushing myself back on my hooves while rubbing my right eye.

“It’s fine, I should have told you that we were here sooner,” she replied giggling while covering her mouth with her hoof.

I pulled out a bit to thank her, she places a hoof over mine while I was trying to give her a bit.

“Don’t worry sweetie I’m just glad to help,” she smiled at me as she trots her way back to the cafe.

"What a nice mare," I said in my mind as I walk into the park.

As I walked inside I was in disbelief as I observe the surrounding. The place was completely clean, no trash on the ground no waste on the pathways just green everywhere I look.

With excitement I ran straight on the grass with no hesitation, the grass was so cold and wet I couldn’t even help myself but to just lie down on the green grass and roll on it, I believe I was overreacting while I was on the grass for I saw a couple of ponies looking at me strangely so I tried my best to stop.

I got up after I had my fun on the grass trying to find someplace to sit, I followed the pathway hoping it would lead me to a bench. Following the pathway I see a fountain and a couple of benches surrounding it, I took a seat on one of the benches and tried to get myself comfortable.

A couple of fillies and colts were playing around on the grass as I got myself comfortable, well I guess this is sorta quiet, I chuckled as I got myself ready to close my eyes to rest. I was starting to get an itchy feeling while I was sitting, I just can't stop getting the feeling of me being watched, I’m not sure if something is wrong with me but I try to shake the feeling off.

I decided to have a stroll around the park to try and shake the feeling off. I got off the seat and landed on my hooves getting myself ready to wander around, as I prepared myself I started to hear whispering in the distance, I turned to the area where I heard the whispers from but all I see is a pathway.

"Where the heck is that coming from?"

I followed the pathway where I last heard the whispering, something about this was giving me lots of chills down my spine, though the closer I get the more scared I become. As I continued down the pathway I started to hear somepony crying, it was coming from the bushes.

"The heck? First I hear whispering and now I hear crying, what is going on with me?" I stared into the bushes with curiosity and fear.

"Should I check on the crying pony or should I continue following the creepy whispering?" I questioned myself trying to think of what I should do.

I decided to investigate the crying in the bushes though I feared that I might be doing something that I might regret in the future but something about this is telling me that this is a probably good idea. So I built as much courage as I can and walked straight in preparing for whatever happens.

I'm just gonna hope this is better than the whispering path I could have taken.