• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 622 Views, 7 Comments

A Confusing Life - DrSandwitch



New town, new home, new life, will I live a good one or a bad one? I don't know and I'm not even sure I want to know, but I'll accept anything that happens... maybe.

  • ...
2
 7
 622

The Arrival

I walked into the kitchen after a long day of school being greeted by the silence inside. The room was empty and completely quiet showing no sign of my parents.

I see a cup of fresh tea on the table, maybe they left it for me? I approached it while inhaling the air surrounding the room, I pull the seat back and gently sat on the seat, picking the cup of tea up with my hooves and leveling it to my face.

I exhaled as I take a nice and simple sip out of the cup and left a portion of liquid in my mouth, it was warm and had a sweet taste of honey in it.

I close my eyes trying to forget about the day I had in school, I swallowed the tea in my mouth followed by a sigh.

“Finally some peace,” I said quietly to myself as I opened my eyes, "I can finally rela-"

I was cut off by a sudden shake in the room causing the hot tea I held on my hooves to spill on my chest, the hot liquid started to burn quickly so I sprung myself away from the table and ran straight to the fridge trying to find something to cool my chest.

I felt my eyes starting to water, I wanted to scream in pain at this point but I was able to hold myself. As I scavenged through the fridge I found an ice bag in the very back of the freezer and immediately placed it on my chest, not caring for how cold it was I sighed with relief.

The room began to shake again but this time it was stronger than the last one, not knowing the cause of it I started to panic. I ran around the room trying to find the emergency kit before leaving the building, I'm not really sure what is causing the room to shake but the only guess I have in mind is an earthquake, as I run around panicking I trip on my saddlebag, slowly falling and landing face flat on the floor.

-

I opened my eyes in shock just to see myself leaning against a window, I looked around my surroundings and realized that I was on a train.

“Oh yeah, I forgot I was on this train,” I said with a huge relief as I stare outside the window admiring the wasteland.

It gets harder for me to relax and think positive about myself every now and then especially if ponies won't stop picking on me in school just because I had no mark and had a stupid name.

My parents knew raising me in Manehattan was a bad idea and I couldn’t agree more with them. My life was so miserable back in the city, I had no friends, I get bullied every day in school, I sit in the apartment never being able to leave the place unless somepony is watching me, and plenty of other things I wouldn’t like to think about.

That is why we are moving to a new town called “Ponyville,” they said it would be the best for me and that I would have a better life there. I didn’t really believe them but they promised me that everything will be fine. I love my parents I really do but it's hard to believe them when it's something about a change in life especially if your old one was terrible.

I look down just by thinking about what they said to me back in the apartment, the row I was in was empty and quiet so it gave me a lot of time to think about.

“Is everything alright little one?" a deep-voiced stallion asked with a questionable tone and accent.

I turned to my right to see a stallion standing right next to the seat in front of me.

“Everything is fine don’t worry about me.”

“Are you sure? You seem to be looking a little bit down.”

I didn’t say anything but to stare at the stallion’s eyes with fear. The stallion noticed me staring at him as he gave me a confused look.

“Oh, where are my manners? The name’s Fancy Hat,” he apologizes as he lends a hoof for a shake.

I looked at his hoof then back to him, I stared at him with fear not knowing what he is planning to do, I mean why would a random stranger approach a random cult that is sitting in an empty row alone?"

“M-my name is Confusion, nice to meet you.” I stuttered in fear while shaking his hoof with mine.

“Nice to meet you Confusion, I do say you have such an interesting name.”

Does he really mean that? I mean the name is quite stupid if you ask me but it is also something you wouldn’t hear from a pony like me, my name was one of the main reasons why I was being bullied in the first place, I shook my head trying to forget about the thought.

“Thanks, I guess,” I replied trying not to show emotional thought about it.

“It is my pleasure,” he places a hoof on his chest and bows.

The stallion then took a seat in front me, I took this opportunity to observe the stallion scanning him from top to bottom, he was wearing some fancy suit and a top hat on his head plus he had a well-groomed mustache on his face and a fancy hat with a monocle underneath for a cutie mark.

“I'm guessing you’re not from Manehattan,” I said with interest after looking at the stallion.

“Oh no, I’m from Canterlot, I came here to get some work done.”

“I'm guessing you finished with your work?”

“Indeed I have, that's why I’m heading back to Canterlot. What about you? Where are you heading?” he leans towards me with interest.

“Oh, well I’m moving to Ponyville, my parents said it would be best for me.”

“Oh, uh where are your parents?” he raises his head and looks around trying to find them on his seat.

“They are not here in this train they are taking the next one, they told me it would be much cheaper if I traveled alone.”

“Oh, I see,” he turned his head to the window and stayed completely silent.

We stayed silent for a while, I guess the conversation became awkward from there. My parents did tell me not to talk to strangers like this pony, but this stallion seems nice, not like the ponies I meet in the city, yet again I just met him so he still might have bad intentions in his mind. I glare outside the window watching the wasteland as we slowly move past it.

“I hear Ponyville is a wonderful place,” he said breaking the silence in our row.

I look back to see him staring at me with a smile.

“I hope so, I guess I can take your word for it,” I said trying not to sound depressed while I move away from the window.

He stared at me with concern while I looked at him with a confused face. He then reaches through his saddlebag and pulls out a small bag of bits?

“Here take this.”

Wait what?! Some stallion I just met is offering me a bag of bits? This has to be a joke right?

“Your joking right?”

“Don’t be silly little one here take them,” he said holding the bag of bits on his hoof waiting for me to take them.

“But that is your hard-earned bits, I can’t take something that belongs to you.”

“Don’t worry about me kid, worry about yourself. Take this as a welcome to Ponyville gift from me.”

I look at the bag of bits for a few seconds and then back to him, he nods as I stared at him with confusion. I didn’t know what to do from here I felt like a homeless pony in the streets being given a bag of food without any warning. I accepted the bits slowly taking them from his hoof and gently placing them in my saddlebag.

“Thank you Mr. Fancy Hat you are so kind but are you sure?” I said with concern making sure he is serious about this.

“It is my pleasure,” he replied tipping his hat.

I gave the stallion a nervously confused smile to show him my appreciation. This must be one of the friendliest stallion’s I have ever me-

“WE ARE NOW ARRIVING AT PONYVILLE!” the train conductor announced out loud in our cart, cutting my thoughts in half.

I didn’t even bother to finish my thoughts for I knew it would just be a waste of time even though I waste time just by talking to myself or if I’m thinking about deep thoughts, like right now.

“This is my stop, it was nice meeting you Mr. Fancy Hat,” I said as I got up getting myself ready to leave the train.

“It was a pleasure meeting you Confusion.”

As the train stopped, ponies in the train were getting themselves ready to leave while I was double-checking everything in my saddlebag and my seat making sure I didn’t leave anything. Ponies were starting to leave the train so I placed my saddlebag on my back and followed the rest of the ponies, as I made it to the exit I sighed with relief.

“I'm finally here in Ponyville,” I said to myself quietly as I breathe in the fresh air around me.

I made my way to the station and stayed by a wooden column close to the wall to give myself a stretch, I then noticed Mr. Fancy Hat through the window of the train, I gave a final wave and smiled at the nice stallion through the window, he saw me and waved back.

“I guess I’ll take his word for it, I hope the ponies here in Ponyville are just like him,” I said to myself as I watched the train leave.

All that talking did get me hungry so I reached for the sandwich my parents left for me in my saddlebag and pulled it out using my magic for me to eat, I then sat on the floor taking a peek at what is inside, and to my surprise, I see PB&J inside of it. As soon as I discovered what was inside I immediately took a large bite out of the sandwich, chewing the food and getting myself ready to swallow.

“Well this was a start for me I wonder what's next,” I said as I lean my head on the wall to relax.

Author's Note:

I had never written a story before. So if possible, please do give a little feedback about it. I am trying my best to improve for other chapters to come.