• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 623 Views, 7 Comments

A Confusing Life - DrSandwitch



New town, new home, new life, will I live a good one or a bad one? I don't know and I'm not even sure I want to know, but I'll accept anything that happens... maybe.

  • ...
2
 7
 623

Familiar Voices

"So what did ya do?"

"Oh, well... nothing really, he was able to get away with it. It really sucks if you ask me."

"That's terrible!"

Few minutes ever since we had left and all three of them are already having conversations. The only thing I want to do now is to finish this delivery and trot back home to place my aching head on my bed.

I looked down at the map attached to the pie to see how close we are to the destination. looking at it made me feel nauseous for some odd reason, my head began to ache and my stomach began to rumble. We were a couple of hoofsteps away from our destination... I think.

The pink bow filly galloped to my side and proceeded to trot with me. She stared at me with a grin on her face acting like something interesting had happened. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable about it, I did not think but stared back with a feared and nervous stare. She took notice of the facial expression I was giving and began to giggle. The rest of the fillies had caught up and continued to trot with us, I'm actually quite glad these ponies are here.

"How close are we to this mare or stallion's place? because my legs are killing me!" the orange filly had asked while continuously panting.

I looked down onto the map to see how close we are, I still have no idea how far or close we are to this pony's place. I hope navigating in the future will much easier than using a map because I think I got us lost. The filly had noticed me receiving stress from the map and decided to take over navigating. I won't complain, I always have trouble reading maps, possibly one of the main reasons why I'm here in the first place.

I sighed with relief and looked onto the ground while inhaling some air to refresh my brain. I looked back up and turned my head to the orange filly who is trying to read the map. I then turned my head to pink bow, she was looking at me with an eyebrow raised. She then turned her head away from me and onto the white filly beside her. How the heck did I get myself into this mess.

"We have been trotting in the opposite direction, how did you not notice this?!" the orange pony said giving me a stare of frustration. I guess I can now confirm that I'm the worst at navigating.

She slaps her hoof on her face and turns in the CORRECT direction to the mare/stallion's place. The rest of the fillies followed her while I stayed behind, don't wanna embarrass myself like that again.

-

The rest of the trip was mostly quiet, silent enough for me to think. The fillies always get into a conversation about their cutie marks and how they might possibly get a delivery mark if they finish this task that I was supposed to do. But none of that matters, as long as the job gets done I won't need to worry about anything at all.

I gazed my curious head at my surroundings since I have nothing to do at all. The streets were quiet and only a few ponies are out, this did not concern me but made me feel good about myself. The sky was cloudy and the sun was high above me, It's the afternoon and I have not packed anything to eat. I was not expecting to be out this long, I hope my parents don't mind.

"Something seems to be bothering ya Confusion, is there something wrong?" the pink bow filly said as she slowed herself down to trot by my side.

"Nothing is bothering me don't worry, I'm just a little hungry."

"Oh, well the crusaders and I are headin to my place later this afternoon for supper. You could tag along if you like!"

I stayed silent in deep thought questioning myself about what to do now. Somepony has invited me to their place with her friends to eat. I have never been invited to some ponies place before, yet again I've never been invited to anything except that one time I was invited to the teacher's birthday years ago... it didn't end well. But forget about that, I'm hungry, I don't have enough bits and the only place I can go is home but the possibility of my parents not being home is high. Well, I guess I have no other choice but to accept the invite and put up with whatever might happen.

"Sure, I mean I have nowhere else to go so why not."

"Great to hear! Oh, and by the way, the name's Apple Bloom it's nice to actually talk to you! The other two are Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle!" she said pointing to both the orange and the white filly.

"Oh, well nice to meet you, Apple Bloom, I'm sure you already know my-"

"OOF"

I had felt myself compress against a soft yet solid surface. I had then tumbled two steps back and shook my head clearing myself from my thoughts and onto the real world. As my vision began to clear up again, I see the Sweetie Belle staring at me with a weird face while Apple Bloom over here is giggling... I guess I bumped into her?

"Sorry about that, I was not looking to where I was going."

"I'm sure It's fine, anyways we are here," Scootaloo had said while pointing to a house in front of us.

"Oh, well then let's get this over with shall we?"

-

We are now trotting away from the place and heading to what these girls call their clubhouse, or to what I believe is some small tea party set up they might have planned before any of this. Either way, I agreed to follow them so I have to pay the consequence. Though I am still getting weird vibes about that mare who had ordered the pie, she seemed nice but she was also completely wasted when she opened the door. She gave us a bag of more than ten bits, I'm not sure if that was the amount she had to pay but I guess it's too late for that.

I felt myself getting pushed to my left side followed by the giggles of somepony, it was the Apple Bloom who had bumped into me intentionally.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Yeah, I guess talking to ponies ain't too bad when you're in a group... though I think that mare was-"

"Drunk? Yeah, we know it was obvious from the start, "Sweetie Belle finished my sentence, she isn't wrong she was obviously drunk from the start when she had opened that door.

"Yeah... yeah..."

Everypony had remained silent for a while not saying a single word. Usually, these ponies would say something or bring a conversation up almost every three seconds but I guess that isn't the case right now.

"Sooooo... Confusion, how was Manehatten?" the silence had been broken between the group from Sweetie Belle.

"Sweetie Belle! Pinkie told us NOT to talk about that stuff!" Apple Bloom exclaimed making herself audible to everypony surrounding us... which was nopony so thank Celestia.

"Oh, c'mon why not? It's not like we did a Pinkie promise, so would it kill her or us if we just ask one question?"

She has a really good point there, if you didn't make a Pinkie promise then there will be no problem with it at all. But, I wish she had made it into a Pinkie promise...

I had stayed completely silent looking a little uncomfortable trying to give signs that I would like to skip that question and continue trotting to the clubhouse with the sweet sound of nothing. She immediately took notice of my discomfort and gave a sorrow-like facial expression.

"I'm sure you can see that he would not like to answer that question you asked there, " Apple Bloom had said stating the sorta obvious to Sweetie Belle.

"Sorry, I was just curious..." Sweetie Belle said as she turns her head away from my direction and onto the pathway.

I will be honest, I do feel kinda bad for her but she did pop the personal bubble so I guess she kinda deserved it. Well, I guess this is some kind of start to making new friends... I'm not sure if it's temporary or not but I'll take any chance. I just hope Twitch is having a better day than me, I'm not saying that I'm having such a terrible one but because I'm just curious about what he is doing.


"Well would you look at that, we're here!" Apple Bloom announced pointing to a structure on the tree.

My eyes widen and my jaw dropped to what I had laid my eyes on. A very big and well-built clubhouse displayed nicely on a fully grown apple tree, with stairs leading to the main door of the clubhouse and what I believe is an outpost or a balcony attached to the left side of the structure. This can't be true, how in Celestia's name do these fillies own such a thing?

"THAT'S YOUR CLUBHOUSE?!"

"It sure is! Why do you ask?"

"THIS THING IS HUGE! IF I WERE A RUNAWAY, I'D LIVE IN SOME PLACE LIKE THIS... THOUGH, I'm not planning to do something like that..." the fillies gave me a stare of concern and shock, I guess I made myself too clear about what I think about the place.

"Ok then... let's get inside shall we?" Scootaloo said breaking the silence between the group. Everypony agreed with her and began trotting their way to the clubhouse, leaving me behind. Why the heck do I always get myself into situations where I easily embarrass myself?

I stayed outside of the clubhouse since I have no reason to be in it at all. I found myself a nice stump to sit on just to kill time since the main reason I'm here is for some food to eat. Though I do wonder what is going on inside the clubhouse... maybe I can take a small peek through the window? No no, that would be creepy for me to do.

My stomach began to rumble and I had gotten bored of sitting and thinking of ways to peek through the window. I trotted to the closest apple tree to pick an apple to satisfy my hunger for at least a couple of minutes. The only thing I have to figure out is how I can get the apple hanging from above, the first thought in my head was to buck it but that sounded wrong in my head when ponies back in Manehatten told me. The second option was to climb the tree, but I suck at that and the risk of me falling is more than a hundred.

I decided to wander around the area to find a stick that is long enough for me to be able to hit the apple off of the tree. The cold breeze began to blow making it harder for me to explore the area. I removed my saddlebag off of my back and grabbed the coat that I left inside for me to wear just in case... where is it? I flipped my saddlebag and continuously shook it removing everything inside the bag. Everything I own had fallen off of the bag except for my coat, I probably left it in the kitchen in Pinkie's place.

Accepting the fact that I had forgotten/lost my coat, I started packing everything I had dropped back inside my saddlebag and placed it on my back. I sighed with disappointment, not only did I get my horn cracked but now I lost my coat somewhere in Ponyville. I'm not sure how my parents are gonna take this.

"Come here..." a sudden voice was heard fading in the distance followed by a strong breeze.

The voice sounded familiar, something I had heard long ago. I had decided to follow the voice and proceeded to trot in the direction where it had called me. The voice had been leading me to a pathway to some kind of dark forest, it seemed bad at first but something about that voice tells me that this is a good idea. Shaking the odd feeling off, I had decided to continue through the forest to find out where the source of this voice is coming from.