• Published 14th Jun 2021
  • 834 Views, 27 Comments

The Mystifying Adventures of Occult Readings and Gallant Knight - Giftmak3r



A unicorn with rather unique intrests teams up with a rather bizzar thestral colt to save the world or something.

  • ...
3
 27
 834

To Repay a Hero

It hadn't been ten minutes since Gallant hadwoken up and he was already stranded again. While he knew Occult would just be outside with the other princess it didn't calm his nerves. He was surrounded by ponies which he couldn't really ignore. First was the princess recently saved from demonic possession, then there were the element bearers. He didn't know what that meant, but it sounded important.

"So what's your favorite treat?" Pinkie asked for what felt like the twentieth question in the last minute and a half. It wasn't that he disliked the pink pony, but she was coming at him with far too much energy.

"I don't know, I haven't had many sweets." He awnsered quietly. He was too worried about Occult to bother with the elements. Right now Occult was speaking to the princess, and from what he understood, the princess was the most powerful pony in the world.

"Well I'll have to fix that at your welcome to Ponyville Party then." Pinkie exclaimed happily as she bounced off to plan the party or something. And with the pink one gone the rainbow one approached him next.

"So I heard you fought Nightmare Moon on your own. How'd you do it?" Rainbow Dash asked like a giddy fangirl. He wasn't really interested in answering the questions of the element bearers. He was more worried about Occult.

"I just asked her not to hurt him." He responded plainly losing the interest of the colorful pegasus.

"So you just asked her not to hurt him and she listened." She asked.

"Yeah sorta. I didn't really expect Nightmare Moon to listen to me but I figured I could grab her attention long enough for Occult to do something." Gallant explained to the prismatic mare. She didn't seem quite as enthusiastic as she was originally but she did seem at least a little impressed. Or at least that's what he thought. He still didn't understand pony body language.

"Well how about I show you some awesome moves so you can be a fighter to!?" She more proclaimed then asked. For a moment he wanted to consider it. If he was going to travel with Occult he would need to know how to fight. What worried him is that he didn't think he could scare off a demon by punching it. Plus he isn't going to stay in town unless Occult is.

"I appreciate your offer but I don't think I'll be staying in town long enough to learn fighting moves." He replied apologetically once again losing Rainbow's interest.

Gallant couldn't help but worry about Occult though. The stallion seemed to constantly be in trouble. He was like Mindy but way way worse. If the Princesses didn't know how to save him then he had to rely on Occult. Which was.... questionable. He had to decide what he was going to do next. Of course he had to stick with Occult, but what exactly would he do? He didn't know.

"Gallant Knight, would thou carest to speak with us?" Princess Luna asked out of nowhere. Something that posed a problem to Gallant. Should he talk to her or play the part of a scared child or something? The more he talks to her the less normal he would appear.

"Umm sure."

The princess seemed appreciative of his response easing her posture. She started to head to a more secluded corner of the room away from the elements. And so he followed.

"We noticed that thou are.. uncomfortable around us. We wish to dissuade thine fear Gallant Knight." the princess said somberly. Gallant didn't know what to do. He saved her from a demon, so she should be... accepting? Maybe she would find kinship in that he was also the involuntary victim of a demon? Could he trust her?

"We can tell thou are not normal, thine mind is not that of a pony."

Gallant felt as if the world had stopped. He had already been found out, he didn't even know what he did wrong. He was going to die. Frozen in place he found himself unable to awnser the waiting princess.

"Thou hast saved our life so we wish to give thineself an opportunity to explain. Do not leave us waiting." Luna said expectantly.

"Pr-prin-princess," Gallant stuttered trying to find a way to explain himself "I was... I am... uh OCCULT!" Gallant was shaking terribly. He wasn't ready for this, and now the princess was going to kill him thinking he was a demon.

"We suppose Occult Readings should know more about thine position than thou." Luna stated calmly to Gallant's befuddlement. Gallant couldn't only studder weakly in response. The princess knew he wasn't a pony somehow. Did she already know it wasn't his fault?

"Uh, princess? Why aren't you mad at me?" He asked in a whisper.

Luna looked at Gallant with soft eyes. "We can see thine dreams. The nightmares we induced formed to thine own memories. What we saw was truely alien, yet not demonic."

She could see his dreams? That was.... unsettling, but reassuring. That should mean she has at least an idea of what's happened.

"So you know what happened to me?" Gallant asked hopefully only to recive a frown and the shake of Luna's head.

"Thine dream was far to chaotic for us to decifer," The princess claimed "But we felt confident that thou are not an immediate threat. This is why we wished to speak with you."

As Princess Luna explained herself Gallant felt his fears slowly melt away. At least he wouldn't be smited, and maybe the formally possessed princess knew a thing or two about whatever put him in this colts body. And well, now that the cat was out of the bag there was no reason to hide anything from the Princess anymore.

Checking over his back to make sure the element bearers were still out of earshot Gallant confronted Luna. "Princess Luna, I was formally a human. I don't really know what has happened to me, but Occult said he knows and that he can help me get back."

The princess looked mildly surprised at the proclamation but did well to hide her expression. "We are unfamiliar with this human creature, but we can offer aid needed." She said.

"Princess, don't you know anything that can help now? I'm worried that the colt I switched with will get himself hurt!" Gallant exclaimed.

"Thou switched with a colt? Dost thou know his name?"

"Well no. I just woke up in this body, but it's not like this body could have just popped out of nowhere right? I had to have been swapped." Gallant explained. The princess looked as if confused for a moment and seemed to dismiss it.

"Very well Gallant Knight. We shall look into thine circumstance with upmost haste." Luna claimed boldly.