• Published 22nd Dec 2020
  • 1,651 Views, 40 Comments

Crystallized Rainbows - My Rainbow Dash



The Crystal Empire is in need of a certain rainbow maned mare. Things happen when she's away and things happen when she's at her temporary home. Will she be staying there alone, or will somepony else be joining her?

  • ...
2
 40
 1,651

The First Night

A royal guard was flying over Equestria towards Cloudsdale where he was supposed to be giving a letter to a familiar rainbow-maned mare. As he reached Cloudsdale, he flew in the direction of the Wonderbolt Headquarters. He ended up finding her sitting on a lone cloud out in the open. He flew towards her. She must have heard him because her ears twitched and she looked up at him.

“Ms. Dash, I presume?” The mare nodded then noticed his armor.

“You’re from The Crystal Empire. What are you doing here?” The stallion guard took out a scroll and handed it over to her.

“I have a message from Princess Cadence. She needs your assistance for something important.” The Wonderbolt mare opened the scroll. It said:

“Dear Rainbow Dash,

You’re probably wondering why I’m sending you a letter and not to Twilight. Well, according to Princess Luna, she told us you sung a lullaby that ended up accidentally put all of Cloudsdale to sleep. It surprised us when we heard about it and that’s why I’m giving you this letter. You see, Flurry Heart has been having trouble sleeping and cries pretty much throughout the entire night. All of the ponies in the empire have gotten very little sleep due to this situation. This is why we need you. Luna had also told us that you had sung a lullaby that caused all of Cloudsdale to sleep, hence, the idea of sending you this message. Shining Armor and I believe that you could be the one that if you could pull that off, you could put her and the rest of the empire to sleep which would mean the world to them. Perhaps even us too. This is a request that you do not need to do, but if you do, you would be the empire’s greatest savior. Please take your time in thinking this through. We don’t want to rush you into anything knowing your crazy schedule.

Hope to either hear from you or see you soon,

Princess Cadence.”

It took a moment for the young mare to absorb all the information from the letter. She was required at the Crystal Empire to put the new princess to sleep and help the other ponies do the same.

‘Shouldn’t be too hard.’ She thought to herself. ‘But the question would be if the young princess would stay asleep. It would take some time to make sure she gets to sleep and follows that schedule. That would mean that I’d be there for quite some time. I could pack a few things, but they’d probably have some things ready for me if I say yes. You know what, forget it. I’m going to the empire. End of story.’ She turned towards the guard.

“Tell her I’ll be arriving at the empire as soon as I can.” The stallion guard nodded and took off in the direction of the empire. The mare nodded and looked back towards the other fast-flying pegasi below her. She spotted her captain and flew over to her. Spitfire noticed her and turned around.

“There you are, Crash. We’ve been looking for you.” Rainbow blinked. She pointed towards the cloud above them.

“I’ve been right there the entire time.” She shook her head. “Anyway, I’m gonna have to take some time off for, well, some time. I’m needed in the Crystal Empire by Princess Cadence for an emergency that I’m personally needed for.” The orange pegasus blinked before shaking her head.

“I’m sorry, but did you say you got a message from Princess Cadence?” The rookie nodded. The captain sighed. “Alright, you can go, just be back as soon as you can.” Spitfire looked up at the rainbow maned mare in front of her who nodded her head and smiled. Rainbow brought Spitfire into a hug which surprised the captain, but she melted into the embrace. The captain chuckled.

“Alright, alright. Let go. You need to pack and get ready for your trip.” Before Rainbow could respond, another voice cut in.

“Since when is Crash able to get free vacations and we’re not?” The two looked over to see Fleetfoot, Soarin, and the rest of the ‘bolts behind them looking at the two mares. Spitfire facehoofed.

“If you get a letter from a princess who requires your help, then sure. If not, no. The reason why I’m letting Crash go is that she got a message from Princess Cadence saying that she needs her help with something in the Crystal Empire. That enough info for you, Flatfoot?” The mint-coated mare only blinked in response. Rainbow giggled while Spitfire rolled her eyes. The orange mare looked over at the newbie. “Go pack up.”

Rainbow saluted her captain while walking into the building, hips swaying with each step, making a certain sky blue stallion drool. The others noticed it and either giggled, snorted, or chuckled in amusement. After a few minutes, she galloped out of the building and took off at rainboom speed while actually performing one once she got a good distance away from Cloudsdale towards Ponyville to grab a few other necessities. (Tank was staying at Fluttershy’s house so there was no reason to worry about him). If she continued in the direction of the Crystal Empire, which was West of Ponyville, she would make it there by 6 pm. She got ready for the cold weather up in the Crystal Empire which lay ahead.

|||||

Meanwhile, in the Crystal Empire (a few hours later)

|||||

The Princess of Love paced back and forth, waiting for a response from the pegasus mare when a guard walked in.

“Your Highness.” He bowed. “I have a response from Ms. Rainbow Dash. She says she’ll be arriving at the Empire soon.” Cadence calmed down.

“So she agreed to come. Thank goodness we really need her help. I don’t remember the last time I had a good night's sleep.”

“You could say that again.” Cadence looked over at her husband, Shining Armor who looked just as tired as she was. “Flurry’s having a really hard time going down to sleep. I hope this helps.” He was carrying the baby princess on his back. Cadence turned to one of the guards.

“Prepare a room for Rainbow Dash. We don’t know how long she’ll be staying, so we need to be prepared.” He bowed.

“Yes, Your Highness.” He said and left the room.

The young princess, who was still sitting on her father’s back, caught a glimpse of a rainbow in the distance and she smiled. She teleported off of Shining Armor’s back and to the window where she could see the rainbow streak clearly.

“Ooh!” She giggled. “Wainbow! Wainbow!” She looked back at her mom. “Mama!” She pointed towards the window. “Wainbow!” Cadence looked outside to see a beautiful array of colors shoot across the sky being made by a single pegasus.

“Oh, thank Celestia. This just makes this situation a whole lot better and easier.” She teleported herself in front of the castle as the rainbow mare began to descend. A sudden BOOM was heard and all the ponies in the empire immediately exited their homes to see a rainbow ring shining miles away with a rainbow streak coming right for the empire. Everypony broke out into cheers as the mare came into view. She skidded to a halt in front of the crystal princess.

Rainbow looked up to see ponies cheering at her, which made her slightly confused. She looked at the princess.

“What’s going on, exactly?” The princess sighed.

“As you probably read in the letter, Flurry’s been having a hard time going down to the bed and this caused other ponies to be restless as well. That’s the reason why everybody’s excited that you’re here.” The young mare nodded.

“Where’s Flurry right now?”

“She’s in her room playing, but we’re all hoping that she can get some sleep soon. Would you like to see her?” Rainbow nodded again and followed the older mare into the castle. As they were walking in the castle, the rainbow mare realized that she hadn’t been in the empire for some time. They heard giggling close by and they peeked into a room to see flurry heart jumping on top of her father’s back. Shining Armor laying flat on the floor. He looked up to see his wife and Rainbow Dash holding back their giggles.

“Nice to see you again, Rainbow Dash.” The pegasus mare snorted.

“Nice to see you too. Seems like you got yourself in a bad situation.” The union stallion snorted in return.

“Gee thanks.” Cadence levitated her daughter off her husband’s back so he could stand up. “Besides that, how are you doing lately?” Rainbow shrugged her shoulders.

“Things have been good. Same old Wonderbolts workouts and practices. Nothing new.” The royal guard nodded. “How about you? Anything outstanding lately?” Shining Armor rolled his eyes.

“Very funny. Flurry Heart has been one major thing. Other than that, we haven’t really had time to do anything else.” The mare nodded in understanding. While they were talking, the baby princess had managed to get away from her mother’s grasp and started flying around the room. Shining Armor and Rainbow Dash looked up from their talk to see the baby princess flying around. As she flew around the room, the foal saw the young mare looking at her. She stopped flying around and landed gently in front of the cerulean mare. The two continued eye contact until Flurry began nuzzling the mare’s leg. The young mare smiled ran her other hoof through the baby’s mane. Flurry giggled. Rainbow looked out the window to see that the sun was already setting. Cadence, Shining Armor, and Flurry all followed her gaze. The four ponies walked onto the balcony and watched as the sun sunk into the horizon and the moon took its place in the sky. They all smiled at the beautiful scene before them. The baby princess had shifted her position so she was clinging to the rainbow mare’s neck. Rainbow looked down and smiled at the foal. The two adults let out small laughs.

“I’m assuming that you would like some dinner? Unless you already had some.” The young mare nodded her head.

“It’s probably best to eat something before putting this little monster down to sleep.” The two parents rolled their eyes but knew what she was talking about. The unicorn, alicorn, and pegasus all walked over to the main dining room of the castle. After a nice salad and a few slices of cake, (with Flurry Heart still clinging onto Rainbow Dash), it was time for everypony to head to bed, (and hopefully Flurry Heart included).

|||||

After placing her saddlebag in the room she was staying in and brushed her teeth, she walked over to the bedroom chamber of the baby princess. Rainbow sighed softly and smiled down at the princess who looked back up at her. She nuzzled the baby’s head and she giggled in return. She sat down in a rocking chair with the foal in her arms. She held her close as she began to sing.

“All Is Found By Evan Rachel Wood- "Frozen 2" (Lyrics)YouTube · EFG LyricsNov 30, 2019

“Where the North wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found”

Flurry let out a small yawn

“In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned”

Rainbow held the little princess close as she fell asleep in her arms.

“Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?
Where the North wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found”

Rainbow smiled at the foal who slept soundly. She quietly flew over to her crib and gently laid her down. The mare covered her in a blanket and began walking out of the room, only to hear a whimper. She froze, remembering something about her past. When a foal cries, or even comes close to crying, it’s best to stay close to them. Her mother and father always stayed close to her and hugged her softly when she had a hard time sleeping. Or even slept with her. With that thought in mind, the young mare carefully lifted the foal into her wings and quietly walked towards her room. She smiled as she watched the princess snuggle up to her. She carefully climbed into her bed, hugged the foal close to her body, and went to sleep herself. Unknown to her, the lullaby was loud enough for the entire empire to hear which put everypony to sleep. She smiled at the thought of what would come tomorrow.

|||||

The next morning, the empire woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the wind giving a slight breeze. Realizing that the young mare’s song had worked and put the foal to sleep, they all burst into cheers. The commotion was loud enough to wake the prince and princess awake. They looked out the window to see ponies celebrating from their good night’s sleep. Sleep. The thought of her daughter popped into Cadence’s head. She ran to her daughter’s room to find it empty. She gasped. Shining Armor, who had accompanied her, did the same. They heard someone clear their throat and turned to see a guard approach them.

“Ms. Dash took the young princess to her room with her. If that’s what you’re wondering.” He bowed and turned away to continue his shift. The married couple walked over to the young mare’s room and saw the open door. They entered and saw something memorable. The rainbow maned pegasus was sound asleep with the baby princess sleeping on her chest. The two parents sighed in relief.

“Perhaps we should let them sleep.” Cadence turned to her husband who nodded his head in agreement, but before they left the room, a quiet groan and yawn were heard. They turned around to see the baby princess sit up and rub her eyes. She looked over at the rainbow mare and hugged her, leading her to fall asleep again. The two adults smiled and walked out of the room.