• Published 22nd Dec 2020
  • 1,651 Views, 40 Comments

Crystallized Rainbows - My Rainbow Dash



The Crystal Empire is in need of a certain rainbow maned mare. Things happen when she's away and things happen when she's at her temporary home. Will she be staying there alone, or will somepony else be joining her?

  • ...
2
 40
 1,651

Wonderbolts Headquarters

Soarin sighed as he opened his private locker and stripped from his suit. He sighed in relief as the fresh air hit his skin. He was tired from practice and felt,... was it,.......lonely? He sighed and banged his against the locker. The others in the room looked at him. It had been a week since Dash had left, and the stallion wasn’t feeling any better. In fact, he felt worse. He remembered that sometimes, when he was feeling upset, sad, or even angry, a pair of arms would wrap around his chest and the pony would rest their chin on his shoulder. Dash was always there when he needed her. He needed one of those hugs. He needed her! He sighed again and his ears flopped down, almost gluing themselves to the sides of his head. He felt a hoof rest on his shoulder. He grunted.

“What?” He growled.

“Woah! Easy, Clipper. We just want to talk.”

“Yeah?! Well, who’s “we”?” He turned around to see Spitfire and the other mares behind her. They looked at him with concerned faces. He only glared. “What do you want?!” Spitfire seemed to be losing her cool.

“Alright, Soarin. What’s going on? You never get this bothered. I know the only thing that can calm you down is your “hug”, so why don’t you get it?” Soarin puffed his cheeks out.

“Must I remind you that she’s in the Crystal Empire!! I can’t get my “hug” when she’s all the way over there. She’s my comfort, Spitfire! Without her around to calm me down, this happens! I thought I already told you that?!” Spitfire flinched and took a step back. She sighed.

“Get some rest, Soarin. You need it.” The stallion nodded while glaring and walked out of the room. The mares look at one another, concerned.

|||||

Soarin grunted as he slammed his door open, thus, doing the same when he closed it. The stallion flopped down onto his bed. He needed her! He needed Dash!

“Oh, Celestia. Answer my prayers and give me Dash. Even if it’s just for one night. Please.” Tears rolled down his cheeks and he hugged a pillow that was next to him. He clung onto the pillow, crying himself to sleep.

|||||

Soarin woke up later that evening to see that the sun was setting over Equestria. He sighed and made his way to the bathroom. He grabbed a washcloth to refresh his face from the earlier incident. He sighed.

“I really wish you were here, Dash.” He walked back to his bed and flopped down in it, but not before hearing a knocking sound on his window. He turned to see a very familiar face that belonged to one particular pony. He opened the window, and in flew Rainbow Dash. Soarin blinked and shook his head a few times to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. He walked towards her and placed a hoof on her cheek.

“Dash?” The mare smiled and brought him into a deep hug.

“It’s okay, you goof. I’m right here.” Soarin squeezed her back, making sure she wasn’t leaving him. Tears began welling in his eyes and he buried his face into her mane. He cried on her shoulder, his body shaking for the mare to calm him down when he decided to slap himself to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. Apparently, when he did, the mare was gone. Soarin’s ears feel flat against his head. He crawled back onto his bed roiled onto his side so he was facing the window, and buried his face into a pillow, crying softly. He clutched the pillow to his chest, his heart aching for attention and love. He heard his door open but didn’t turn to see who it was. He just held the pillow in his arms, picturing that it was the mare he loved. He stared out the window at the stars. Tears began rolling down his cheeks again and he felts a hoof on his shoulder. He wanted it to be Dash’s hoof, but he knew she was all the way in Northern Equestria, in the Crystal Empire. He sighed. He felt the hoof on his shoulder begin to shake him.

“What!” He snapped.

“Easy, Clipper. We just want to talk.” The stallion rolled over to see six mares on the side of his bed. Spitfire, Fleetfoot, Misty Fly, Blaze, High Winds, and Surprise. The moment they saw his face, their facial expressions changed. Misty Fly stepped forward.

“Soarin. What happened?” He turned his head away.

“Why bother asking. You can’t grant my wish. Nopony can.” He rolled over so he was facing the window again. It took a few moments for the mares to process what he was talking about. The mares all looked at one another when it hit them. He wanted the mare he loved. Rainbow Dash. The only problem was that Dash was all the way in the Crystal Empire which was too long of a trip to take, especially at this time of day. They sighed, and before any of them could ask him another question, he spoke.

“Just, leave me alone. Please.” They were about to speak but realized that the sky-blue stallion needed his space. Spitfire sighed.

“We’ll talk tomorrow, Soarin. Good night.” Those two words. He remembered very well. Rainbow, on some occasions, would come in, ruffle his mane, give him a good night kiss, then whisper “good night” to him. It made the stallion’s heart swell. How he’d do anything to feel that again. He first claimed that he could wait a month for his love. Well, he was wrong. He’d wait till next week, then leave. He was in deep pain and needed her. He looked over his shoulder at a picture on his nightstand. It was one with the two of them laughing along with Spitfire and Fleetfoot. The four of them were close friends, almost family. He took it off the nightstand and held it to his chest. ’ You mean everything to me, Dash. Why can’t you come back, even if it’s just for one night.’ He sighed and looked at the photo again. The four of them were laughing. Soarin on the left, Spitfire on the right, Dash in the middle with a large smile on her face, and Fleetfoot in her lap was looking up at her, the back of her head buried in her chest. He smiled at it. It brought back fun memories.

It was a month after Dash’s first show. What a way to finish it. He smiled a little bit, remembering that moment and the last day of the month that she didn't need to have probation anymore. She went to her locker to prepare her things and get ready for practice when Fleetfoot came up behind her and gave her a tight hug from behind. The polychromatic mare was in shock but was even more surprised when the rest of the 'bolts had come into the locker room and had welcomed her with open arms and ignored the whole probation situation. Hell, even Spitfire had ignored it. When Soarin walked in, he had brought the mare into a tight hug. She was hesitant at first before she melted into it.

Soarin remembered that day like it was the best day of his life. A few weeks after that, he'd asked her out on a date, and what had surprised his, was that she said yes. The two had gotten a lot closer from that day on and whenever the stallion felt down, she'd bring him to his room, up to his bed, and have him lay his head on her chest so he could listen to her heartbeat as well as so she could stroke his mane in a calming manner. He always felt safe in her arms. Even if she was a rough, tough, ego-headed showoff and tomcolt, she still gave him her soft side. He loved that about her. Her warm touch made him melt and relax after a long and stressful day of practice.

The stallion closed his eyes and looked out the window. 'I hope she's alright.' He said to himself. He knew she was a tough mare and could handle herself very well, he just wished that he was by her side so he could know that she really was alright. He sat at the edge of the bed and watched as Celestia lowered the sun and Luna rose the moon. The pink, red, and orange lights filled the sky as the sunset and stars started sprinkling across the night sky. But something caught his eye. Off in the distance, in the North, pink, purple, and blue lights filled the sky. He smiled to himself.

The aurora borealis. Such a beautiful sight. It reminded him of the cerulean mare and her polychromatic mane. Out of nowhere, a beautiful voice started singing.

“All Is Found By Evan Rachel Wood- "Frozen 2" (Lyrics)YouTube · EFG LyricsNov 30, 2019

“Where the Northwind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found”

Soarin let out a yawn

“In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned”

His eyelids began to feel heavy and he slipped under the blankets.

“Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

Where the Northwind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found”

The stallion had found himself in a deep sleep with a smile on his face. He didn't notice the window slowly open and the figure of a mare slip into the room. She walked over to the bed and stroked the stallion's cheek with her hoof. She leaned over and kissed the stallion on his forehead.

"Goodnight you goofball. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. You should know that by now.” The mare stepped into Luna's light to reveal a familiar rainbow mare. Rainbow smiled. "I hope to see you soon." With that, she left a small note on his bedside table and slipped back through the window, closed it, and flew back to the Crystal Empire.

|||||

Soarin opened his eyes to Celestia's blinding light. He groaned to himself, remembering that he had forgotten to close the shades the night before. He rolled onto his side to place the picture back onto the nightstand that he had held to his chest throughout the night when he noticed the small note on his nightstand. He sat up and grabbed it. His eyes widened as he saw who it was from. It read:

"To my goofball,

Hey Soar, I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine. Everypony in the empire is kind and caring. I know you can get very worried about what's happening to me so I just wanted to let you know. How did this note get to you? Well, I came and dropped it off last night when you were sleeping. I promise to see you soon. But hey, maybe you can come and visit me instead. I love you big goof.

From, the one and only,

Rainbow Dash

PS: I love you more than you'll ever know."

Soarin smiled at the note and held it to his chest. He noticed that there was something on the back. He flipped it over and saw that it was a picture of the one he loved lying on her stomach, propped up on her elbows, her front hooves under her chin, and winking. Soarin blushed and put it in the drawer of his bedside table. He sighed and flopped onto his back. To take a deep breath in and let it out. He owed an apology to the six mares who tried to help him the day before. He looked over at his alarm clock which read 9:00 AM. He nodded his head and got ready for the day.

|||||

Soarin walked into the mess hall and sat at one of the empty tables. He was hesitant to go and straight-up apologies for what had happened. He sighed and shook his head. He heard hoof steps beside him and a hoof on his shoulder. He looked up to see Spitfire wearing a concerned face.

"Hey, you okay?" Soarin took a deep breath. He shook his head and spoke as she sat down in front of him.

"I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to treat you that way. I was stressed, tired, and wasn't in the right mindset at that moment. I'm sorry for snapping at you and the rest of the mares on the team. You were just trying to help me, and I was being a complete ass." He looked up at her. "I'm sorry, Spitfire." The captain blinked in surprise at this but smiled. She placed a hoof on his

"It's okay. we shouldn't have pushed you either. It was wrong of us to push you while you were already having a hard time with something. I should be apologizing as well. I accept your apology. Can you accept mine?" Soarin looked up at her, surprised that she was apologizing when he had yelled at her, but she was right. She did push him a little bit then he wanted her to so he understood it. He smiled.

"It's fine. I accept your apology, Spits." She looked up at him and smiled. She chuckled.

"Heh. Thanks, Clipper." Soarin shook his head at the use of his nickname. The two continued talking as they ate their breakfasts. Spitfire turned around so she was facing in the opposite direction to him. "Alright, 'Bolts. Get ready for practice because we have to get ready for our next show. It's in two months from now so I don't understand why Crash isn't back, but besides that note, let's get a move on it." There was a chorus of "yes ma'am"'s and everypony got ready for practice. Soarin got up and got ready for the day's practice and the stress it would bring. He sucked in a breath through his teeth and walked towards the stallion's locker room. He slipped into his flight suit, his goggles, and snapped them onto his head. He sighed aloud a took a deep breath turned around towards the doors of the main entrance/ exit. He shook his head, walked outside, and shot out into the sky.

|||||

Soarin groaned and flopped onto a stray cloud in the sky. Was Spitfire trying to kill them today? He stuffed his face into the cloud, relieved at the cool water droplets touching his face. He took his head out of the cloud and flipped onto his back so he'd stare up at the sky. He remembered the times where he'd do this and Rainbow Dash would lay on his chest so she'd stare at him, smiling. "you goof" she'd say as a joke and nuzzle her head into his chest after they'd taken off their flight suits. A tear rolled down the stallion's cheek. How he'd wish he could do it again. He swore to himself that if she didn't return in one week, he'd fly off to the empire and find her himself. He needed her touch as soon as he could receive it. He sighed again and took off to headquarters. Instead of flying through the front doors, he decided to fly through the window in the stallion's locker room He stripped off his suit, put it in his locker along with his goggles, and walked into the showers. He turned on the tap and let the water run over his body. He sighed as the water relaxed his body. He felt a pair of eyes on him and he looked up to see Wave Chill looking at him.

"Yes?" He asked. Wave sighed.

"What's going on Soarin? You haven't been yourself throughout the entire week." The sky blue stallion felt more eyes on him and turned to see all the stallions looking at him. He sighed.

"Alright. I know I haven't been the same. I just miss Dash. Yesterday I yelled at Spitfire and the other mares because I wasn't in the right mindset which caused me to be a complete ass. The only pony who can calm me down in that situation is Dash. I don't know why, but she just does. It's been a week since she's gone and I haven't been the same since she left." He leaned back and sighed. "I wonder when she's gonna come back." Before any of the stallions could respond, Spitfire walked up to the edge of the showering room. She looked at Soarin.

"You've got a message from Dash. I left it on your bed for when you return." The stallion nodded and the mare left the room. The six stallions all looked at one another before going back to showering. Soarin wrapped up quickly so he could read the letter.

"Hey Clipper." He turned around to see Wave and the other stallions approaching. "Mind if we come along?" Soarin blinked in confusion.

"Why?" The stallions chuckled. Rapidfire wrapped an arm around Soarin's neck.

"So we can see what your mare's up to."

"Mind if we join as well?" The six stallions turned to see six mares approach them.