• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 3,704 Views, 54 Comments

Metro - Lavender Exile - Wreck



During the Canterlot Wedding Twilight was betrayed by her so called "friend's", by her mentor, and her family. She then decided to leave them and she has taken first train to wherever it took her. Unknown to her it was one way ride to Metro.

  • ...
3
 54
 3,704

P - 4 - Family

Aurora closed the door and looked at sky with a more serious face.

"News from the SSD?" Aurora asked.

"Most news are non-important. But there is one that is quite tall. Remember the project 'Nail'? Because of the earthquake in one of the sections of SB - 6 was an explosion. Probably one of the spell prototype matrix dropped on the ground. The entire section is under quarantine protocol Zaroz - 3. That's all I heard from the director of SSD." Sky answered. Aurora frowned.

"Idiots. Any chance of foreign interference?" Aurora asked.

"None so far. All personnel that were in that section have died to something. We still don't know what, and the SSD is currently more cramped with theories than actual scientists can give us. At this point, I don't know if this project will continue." Sky stated.

"Maybe it's for the better. Any weapon of that kind, even only for defensive moves would be so powerful, that any normal being could question our ethics." Aurora stated.

"Good things won't happen without bad things. - Shades of The Real World. You should read it." Sky quoted from a book.

"Anything else?" Aurora asked.

"You are quite early to trust Twilight. Though I can see it myself from the look in her eyes. The look of someone who lost trust in anyone. What's your reason?" Sky asked.

"She told me her story. Her closest friends just threw her away. She was Celestia's student and was also thrown like some used up rag. I want to show her that with the correct time and correct beings you can do more than be a mere slave to their so-called destiny like most Equestrians believe." Aurora stated firmly. Then through another door, an ensign came in.

"Oh sorry for the interruption. Major Sky, orders from SSD. *Hands over a small page* Here. " Ensign saluted and left the room.

"Suppose they already know." Aurora said.

"Yup. I'm supposed to escort you back to Stalliongrad. Right let me get a passport for Twilight and we can get on the train." Sky said as he shuffled through the desk.

"Which train are we taking?" Aurora asked.

"The one that goes through Universitet Station." Sky responded.

"Metro? Why?" Aurora asked.

"It's the closest path to SB - 6 from this part of the border." Sky answered.


-Outside-

"And then he said -Yes! The old claim was true, but this is a new, better truth!-" Star was telling Twilight story of their visit to cousin Been in Southern Equestria.

"He sounds very devoted to his work." Twilight stated.

"He is. Big Sister?" Star started.

"What does your cutie mark present?" Star asked. Twilight looked at the cutie mark that reminded her of the exam where she hatched Spike. She kinda felt the same way about Star. About little brother, that needed her guidance or help, but still being able to do things himself.

"It represents one of the basic elements of this world. Magic, though I never got to actually know what kind of magic. All I know that it is some kind of magic. Could be all or could be just one type of magic." Twilight explained. Yes, Celestia did tell her that she is talented in magic. But what type of magic? She never answered.

"Hey! Little Stars!" Aurora shouted at them from the other side of the main hall. Twilight stood up while Star started flying towards Aurora.

"Are we finally going home?" Star asked.

"Yes, my little Star. We are just waiting for someone who will accompany us." Aurora stated.

"I think, that's my cue." Sky revealed himself from behind corner with some saddlebags.

"Sky? Aren't you supposed to guard the border?" Twilight asked.

"Hey! Don't deny me my chance a short trip back home. And someone has to keep an eye on you three. Also, Twilight, *grabs a small book and saddlebag* here take those. It's not much but it will help you settle in. Inside you will find civilian hand gloves, a notebook with pen, passport, law book, a watch, and another book that introduces any newcomers to Stalliongrad. Just ignore the patriotic lines and other few other things. Producers tend to over glorify some aspects they felt proud of." Sky stated as Twilight levitated the saddlebag on her bag while also put the book inside.

"Thanks, Sky. I don't know how will I ever repay you all." Twilight stated. Sky only lifers his hand/hoof.

"You don't owe me anything. We are now a family and family helps each other. Come on everyone. We have a train to catch." Sky stated as he started moving towards the edge of the train station. Soon he was followed by the rest of the group.

"Also Twilight you should get used to seeing larger families in Stalliongrad. In Equestria families can be small, here you could have family in half of the city. If you want more details on the law and any other details regarding... Well the law, then ask right away. Uncle Sky will answer most of your questions." Sky stated as he saluted. That brought a small giggle from the group.

"Alright, Sky." Twilight stated. Aurora could only smile at how Twilight was fast at recovering from the wedding that happened a few days ago.

"Hey, Aurora? How am I -" Twilight started but stopped after she saw Aurora shook her head.

"Twilight dear, I know this is a bit ... Fast since we met three days ago, but I can tell that you have much more potential. That's why I decided to help you. Twilight you should know that everything takes time. And I won't have a problem if you don't want to see me as family." Aurora stated. Twilight felt as if she needed to respond but she didn't know-how. She knew she doesn't own them anything, yet there she feels as if she has fallen into a hole in the life dept.

"But I just... Don't know how I can repay you all. It's just the feeling that you gave me another chance of life. And-" Twilight almost started rambling if not for Aurora's hoof which *bopped* Twilight's nose.

"Twilight. I know how you feel. The only way to repay is to live. To try out the chance you have been given. It's not always the destination that matters, it's the journey that makes us what we really Are. Remember this and you will make the best out of the worst moments." Aurora said.

Twilight hugged Aurora while not sure how to respond. She just felt the same way when she was with Celestia or her Mother. But now she was sure that this new family, may not be related by blood, but is related by something else...

Related by Spark of Hope.

"Thanks... Aurora..." Twilight said quietly to Aurora's ear while she hugged her. Aurora hugged back as they went towards the train.


-Few hours later-

-SB - 6 meeting room-

"So... What has been killing them in section 5... Any ideas?" Director spoke in a less than a happy tone. The few scientists currently looked at each other.

"We may have some idea but... It's not much." Changeling started.

"From our initial test, we already established that it's very toxic. More than we originally predicted." Griffon continued.

"How deadly is the element?" Director asked.

"Extreme levels... It killed half the staff that was inside of section 5 in less than 13 minutes since the initial event. The rest depended on how far or how did they manage with blockading off the safe areas. From our initial calculations... If we were to continue project 'Nail' as it is, then we would need to find a countermeasure against this element, or find a way the remove it from the spell." Changeling stated.

"Anything else we know?" Director asked.

"Yes... Though we still aren't sure about a few of the reports. How this element appears to be transporting itself is beyond our comprehension. If the report is right then we could speculate that the element is able to pierce certain materials. We divided them into three subtypes.

Alpha - which takes that largest space out of the three but is the least lethal since it appears not to pierce anything as strong as paper.

Beta - which could be found much deeper in the section about two or three rooms from the event location. It's much more lethal since it's able to pierce fur and skin. But it appears to have a hard time getting through few materials.

The last one is Gamma - it could only be found within the very close area of the event location. To be honest we don't know what it can't pierce. Well minus a gigantic concrete wall or the ground behind it.

But unfortunately, all of them appear to spread through the air and make the air unbreathable since it goes straight to your lungs and from there to the rest of your body." Earth pony explained while waving around a piece of paper.

"What do you suggest we are going to use against this element." Director asked.

"Well we already made few calls, currently in Stalliongradian University best of the best already are making some sort of filter that will enable separating breathing air from the element. Steel Palace already started making few prototypes of said filters with appropriate masks and better instructions. Though it will take some time before we are able to distribute it all over the country. But in the area of Stalliongrad and few nearby towns, we could have enough stockpile by the next 18 hours. There are three other places that also started their work on said filters but we still don't know on their progress." One buffalo answered.

"Director if I may?" One unicorn asked.

"What is it?" Director demanded.

"Section 5 is currently under quarantine protocol Zaroz - 3. Of course, I know that means no in or out until the source of quarantine is contained or neutralized. But we still don't know if we can remove the problem. What I propose might not be the best idea but it's one option. We send in a team that will investigate the effects of the element in section 5. While also search for any survivor's." The unicorn stated. The group on the left side of the room started telling on how irrational this idea is. Director raised his claw, the room fell in silence.

"No matter what the suggestion is. We have to do something. And besides, we need to test those filters in some way. This would also increase our knowledge of this new element... This won't stand. We need to name this new element in some way." Director stated. The group of scientists left silence reign in the room.

"It seems we are in a stalemate. Fine. We will send a team to test out those filters and see any other properties that this new element has. Objections or questions?" Director asked the group. No one said anything.

"Then let's get started." Director stated as he left the room.

"Jeez. Talk about always in the mood." One of the scientists stated.

"Don't be surprised. He's one of few dragons that were trusted with a position like his. I would also be annoyed if something like this happened. Heck, I'm frustrated by just this stupid explosion." Other Scientist answered.

"Don't call something that is unknown as stupid. It's a fast road to hit the end of your career." Said another one of the scientists.

Author's Note:

So here we have another two chapters.

Just so everyone is on the same page Stalliongradian metro is the same as Moscow metro [metro 2033] but completely [or mostly] different faction and the state of certain areas.


Just finished this one so the next two will take some more time... unless I post one at a time?

*Shrug*