• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 3,704 Views, 54 Comments

Metro - Lavender Exile - Wreck



During the Canterlot Wedding Twilight was betrayed by her so called "friend's", by her mentor, and her family. She then decided to leave them and she has taken first train to wherever it took her. Unknown to her it was one way ride to Metro.

  • ...
3
 54
 3,704

TDO - 1 - 3 years later.

In the following three years, the metro became the last safe home.

The unnatural became normal.

The natural became history to teach children.

And those who survived have divided between objectives, beliefs, and ideals.

Once unthinkable ways of survival now became a necessity.

Resources are scarce and each wasted resource could mean death.

Many changed. Many adapted. Many clung to their beliefs.

Now a new threat comes from the surface.

A threat born of power from the oldest entity in the universe.

The dark ones are coming...

And they won't stop until we kill them...

Or they kill us.

This is...

Metro : Lavander Exile
Book I
"The Dark Ones"


Stalliongrad
Surface - 3 km from Universitet Garage
15:21

The roar of an engine filled the street as an armored vehicle drove between cars. A half-track by the look but heavily armored and it has a turret on top of it with one assault carbine. Besides the roar of the engine, some kind of music could be heard.

"Come on Twilight, they are following the scent." Sky said as he watched a pack of watchers following them.

"I'm going as fast as I can but I can't go the same road all the time or they set an ambush for us," Twilight responded.

"Less planning, more driving!" Sky shouted as he noticed that not only the pack was catching up but also dragging unwanted attention.

Twilight refrained from talking and drove faster than it was safe in such a dense area. They still had less than three kilometers from the Universitet Garage.

"Come on, come on, come on fly somewhere else." Sky quietly asked as he could notice one demon flying in their direction.

"Demon is following us!" Sky said as he aimed his turret at the winged beast.

"I see it! Come on give me a straight road." Twilight pleaded as she turned around the corner of a building. Luckily as it seemed there was much more space. She drove faster now slightly in the rhythm of the radio.

The half-track is now much faster was driving away just not a moment too soon as one of the watchers jumped just where the back end of the truck was a moment ago. Watchers howling pursued their pray... Unknowingly they were running straight into a trap.

Twilight was sweating in her armor as her eyes were jumping from one corner of the front window to another.

Sky kept aiming at the pack but decided to observe if there was anything else following the scent.

"Filters?" Twilight asked as she turned around another corner. Just a kilometer left. Sky looked at his watch a timer changed from 09:34 to 09:33.

"Less than ten minutes. We better hurry that watcher might leave soon." Sky said as the half-track bumped on another object they didn't bother to identify.

"Showel. Bucket. And you.

I've got shoveeeel' and a bucket. And I'm bringing them home to you." Radio played along with their speed as they accelerated.

"There's the garage!" Twilight yelled as she drove towards it. Sky acknowledged and took out his radio.

"Pray-1 here. We're approaching Garage Point with a pack. Had a demon following before." Sky said to the radio as it cracked to life.

"Garage Point here we see you. You don't seem to have the demon on your back right now. Proceed with the hunt." Radio operator responded as we drove further towards the Garage point with one of the garages in an underground parking opening. They drove in.

"Nice and easy now we've done this dozen times. Sky said as he aimed at the small res cross that was made on the floor.

Through the doors at least 16 of the watchers followed while the rest entire stayed or left knowing it was a trap.

As soon as most of the 16 of the watchers were on the cross the gate closed and trapped the watcher within. From a couple of sides, machine guns opened up on the watchers. Sky also opened fire on those that hid behind the walls.

Two minutes passed and all of the watchers were killed and other hides are taken. The rest was burned to ash. The radio was turned off.

"Good job everyone. We've got a decent catch today. Hunters return home. Guardians return to your positions and restock in the armory. Twilight get the car to Caz we need to check if your driving didn't get any of the wheels damaged." Sky ordered as he jumped out of the vehicle.

"But I only drove over one... Thing." Twilight groaned as she lowered herself behind the wheel.

"No buts Twilight. Ether you check or pray it doesn't kill you next time you use it." Sky said keeping his formal voice. He was in front of the garrison and it's better to keep personal things when in the station.

"Fine." Twilight sighed as she turned the half-track while backing away towards Cazar's spot.


"So... How many this time?" Griffon asked while poking at the wheels checking for damages.

"Only one... On the left side." Twilight answered while knowing how this could end. The Griffon with golden-like feathers stood in front of her with one of her talons poking Twilight.

"Twilight Sparkle Gazer how many times do I have to say? Rubber doesn't grow on trees!... I think..." Cazar muttered the last part realizing that she might have just said a bit of nonsense.

"You know what fine! I'll let you go today since it's Fang's birthday." Caz said while grabbing Twilight into a small hug.

"Come on we must get something for that little flyer." She said to Twilight as they entered deeper into the workshop.


Twilight reached the spot where her BLBF sat or decided to glide down. At this, she could think of the last three years since that month when she left Equestria... And the day when it happened...

The first year was hard but thanks to outside influence we got information that others also survived in many other stations of the metro.

You could see the break down into different groups in that time like the:

-Griffon Front - Faction that only allows "pure" griffons into their ranks. The smallest of differences can mark you as "mutant" which allows them to "morally dispose of such mutants". Extremely hostile against non-Front factions, unless there is some gain. Avoid if possible.

-Defenders of Metro (The DOM's) - one of the earliest factions and biggest one to this day as it controls the "circle" that separates outer stations of the metro with inner stations. Usually friendly or neutral, hostile only when holding some grudge or if you broke their law. Main trading stations accord the metro area under their control controlling import and export of goods.

- Old Guard - Those are the leftovers of the original government that once worked in Stalliongrad. Unfortunately, their military is in disarray as they need to train professional soldiers like in old times. Friendly in most cases. Trade if possible.

There are also smaller factions like :

- Emerald Union - Where Twilight and her family live now. Three original stations had to work together to survive and be able to connect to the rest of the metro as it took one year to restore Gory station (one of four restored stations across the metro) Emerald union is the main trader of best quality gas masks and gas filters. Home.

- Cultists - Closest neighbors to Emerald Union. Cultists are one of the enigmatic factions that only spare information is spoken in hushed tones but it is said that those are dark magic wielders that learned it from very old books or set of books which allowed them to become a powerhouse in fighting capability. Neutral at most contacts but it's advised to avoid and keep away from their patrols.

- Steel Council - The biggest station in the entire Metro directly connected to the Steel Tower which is very slowly restored which gave it not only major political power but also industrial potential. They created this Draconian Order and send it to all corners of the metro to "keep the peace".

There are many other big and small factions out there but those are the important ones now...

Twilight sighed as she waited. All this time that went in the metro changed... everyone. Even she changed into something her past self wouldn't be able to consider.

The first year was hard but after restoring that station between the Universitet station and the DONs not only did we gain access to valuable supplies like medicine, food, water, materials, weapons, and ammo... Ammunition.

She remembered when she once used bits which were small pieces of metal usually gold since Equestrian territories are so abundant with it that ponies made golden tools before more reliable metals like bronze or iron were even used.

Now resources are so scarce the currency was redrawn and it's not walked by its rarity but by its function and importance to how society could break if all of it was used.

As such most of the currency, today is measured in military-grade ammunition for weapons as more than half of the metro is armed to the teeth just to survive since monsters started raiding and inhabiting sections of the metro. While using military ammunition is very useful it's not recommended as many stations use them to create much more although worse, normal ammunition uses a combination of station-made gunpowder and military gunpowder.

Things like food, water, medicine also cost but depending on where you buy or sell you can receive a different value of the product.

Filters are very costly all across the metro because most of them come from Emerald Union but DOMs decided to place a tax on anyone buying them on their stations which created quite a large trading argument when any trader taking gas masks or filters is stopped and told that they can only sell them on their station, while any other trader without them can go as far as he survives.

Only two traders managed to reach Universitet station from the other side of the metro to this day.

Twilight though on the second year where first conflicts began between people living in the metro. First bandit groups began forming as criminality was completely shunned here and anyone breaking laws was punished severely... Many stations have exiled such individuals as many still believed there was no requirement for violence between themselves but the beginning of the second year changed everyone.

The Eight Gangs have led a massive assault at selected locations that led to the death of over two thousand beings and also took control of certain stations out of which to this day three are still under their control. The biggest losses were on the griffon's race which counted at least half of the casualties... This led to the creation of the Griffon Front and slow descent into the "pure" griffon idealism.

Sky decided to train me in that time with anything I need to know to survive and... It was much worse than anything she imagined.

Their training started with basic physical bodybuilding and reaction to situations... Though Sky had to take more time as she had to stop trying to think of the best possible solution. What she needs to do is the simplest and best solution she can reach in the time Sky had given her. But she still preferred to plan and then work against the problem.

Then came the practical training... Twilight would slightly blank out as that part of the training was engraved on her heart.

When she was her student she would take her lesson to heart. But lessons that Sky gave her were almost like taking a knife and writing on a stone rock making it last as long as nothing destroyed the text. She could name a few locations with ruins of very old civilizations that made symbols on rocks for many reasons.

She didn't think she could... Kill any creature... The word still sounded rough for her as she was taught that killing anything so strictly forbidden. But now... After first hunting trips in the ruins, she was used to it though she still didn't like the word. Shooting monsters that are about to kill your close friends or other beings that are surviving is a better choice. It's us versus them...

In the current day, Twilight fought many monsters but... She never fought another being with intent to... Kill. To this day she only had to kill monsters that brought danger.

The third year in the metro was complicated as factions began to create militaries, those who fought monsters, those who dough combatants, and those who fought both.

Metro while being a dark and shallow place, it's very developed and each tunnel has at least five or fewer side tunnels that are service tunnels made for maintenance, connections to buildings that were once used to power the metro and city above, and many more. It's a large network of tunnels that could remind you of spider webs, a center point with roads out of it that are connected by many smaller side roads.

The third-year ended a few months ago and tensions are high especially after a wave of whispers regarding some new monsters that kill the minds of those who see them. The so-called Dark Ones as few beings called them.

Twilight thought of those Dark Ones and she could imagine that requirement for better defense would be nice but she was conflicted as she couldn't fathom what sort of magic... No there was also no magic besides dark magic used in the Metro since that day. Whatever power that would be she couldn't understand, what would be able to affect one's mind so much.

Sound distracted Twilight from her train though as she looked at the destination it came from. Star was slowly moving toward her looking between excited and concerned. He noticed her and smiled as he moved.

"Sis! How was the hunt today?" Star asked while looking at Twilight, examining for any injuries.

"It went great we got 16 watchers today. How was your day BLBF?" Twilight responded. Star slightly deflated but he stood still.

"Well... I had to help with the children that kept asking about what outside looked like once." Star said while slightly scratching his other hoof.

"Let me guess, they asked terrible questions," Twilight stated remembering when she had to deal with the same group two weeks ago.

"Yeah... I mean... What runs in those small heads of theirs? One asked me -Is the sun green?-" Star quotes while slightly imitating a child.

"*giggles* oh believe me they can give you much worse questions than that. I had to explain to them why they have to poo." Twilight said while giggling to herself. Star choked and looked at her as if she used magic.

"How did you manage to tell them that?!" Star asked trying not to laugh.

"I... Don't know if I did tell them or if I put them to sleep while trying to explain how eating works," Twilight said while tilting her head slightly.

"I'm gonna go with went to sleep." Star answered her.

"... Am I really that boring?" Twilight asked.

"Depends on the topic." Star answered shrugging with his wings.

"Come on BLBF, I got dinner already set up." Twilight said as she started walking towards the residential area. Star shortly followed after Twilight.


When they reached the room it was dark enough to only notice large eyes that reflected the light from the corridor.

Star was about to question it when out of nowhere light erupted and the entire room shook with a loud yell.

"HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY STAR!

Author's Note:

Welp in the words of a green spore species.

ERE WEH GO!

Also, can anyone guess what song plays on the radio?