• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 636 Views, 3 Comments

The Trials of Queendom: The Gems of Eternal Peace - The-Fiction-Master



A young filly must learn the trials of queendom to become the next queen.

  • ...
 3
 636

I.

I. - The Coming of a Queen




***

Once apon a time, there lived a large empire called The Romane Empire. This empire expanded over what we call Equestria. This empire was handed down for hundreds of years by many ponies. Every king and queen was very different, but some were better than the other. Some tried to tear down this empire by corrupting itself, and some tried to make the peasant ponies more free so they would pay less taxes. Some kings and queens were even killed by their guards, who were top superiority and only few were chosen every 5 years, depending on how good they were as knights.

This empire was too big though, and was constantly invaded and raided by barbarian Germane tribes. These Germane tribes were considered uncivilized and very dirty. The Romanes, the ponies who lived in the Romane empire, were very proper ponies who did not want any trouble what-so-ever. However, even when peace treaties came from the empire, the tribes refused and continued to raid. The Romanes were very furious with the Germane tribes actions.

From all the raiding, the empire attacked the tribes, making them lessen around the empire. The Romanes were finally happy that things had stopped. But if only they knew, things weren't stopping.

The government continued to corrupt itself, by raising taxes and wasting money on stupid and silly things. The peasants were unhappy with all the taxes, and some tried to leave Romane. However, the king and queen refused for anypony to leave and they made the knights kill any ponies who had escaped the empire.

The empire being too big was also a hassle, in which the lords had no communication with the other parts of the empire, which made them weaken even more, because tribes could raid them more easily.

Soon enough, the empire came down to a boiling point; and collapsed. There was no light; no rain; no nothing.

However, a king who inherited the throne brought back the empire he once knew; and he married a mare who was a lady. They vowed to their subjects that they would bring back the empire and they would make sure the problems that had destroyed the empire before would be taken care of.

Over time, they wanted a foal. They wanted a colt especially, but were not saddened when they got a filly. They could see in the little foals eyes something very interesting.

The priest told them that this foal was special; and would be some trouble; but would lead the empire through trouble and make it once it used to be.

However; the priest warned them she would possibly make a terrible choice in her life. The choice the priest did not say; but the priest said it was a dangerous choice. One that could tear down the empire.

The king and queen agreed to watch her with their strength; to make sure she took the right path. From that day on, she began her training.

That little foals name, was Princess Angel.

***

"Give me back my sword, brat!" screams a little colt.

"Don't call me a brat! Your the brat!" teases the filly. The colt shoves his back-hoof into her face and the sword tumbles down from the filly's head, and the colt quickly pulls it up. The queen of Romane trots in to find the quarrel at her hooves. She sighs and quickly pulls the two ponies apart.

"You little ones need to stop. Especially you, Angel." She says in a stern voice.

"What did I do?! He's the one who's yelling!" whines Angel. The queen, Lily, rolls her eyes.

"I was yelling because you didn't give my sword back!" He yells. The queen levitates the wooden sword, and places it up high, so the two of them can't get it.

"Lightfeather, how many times did I tell you not to play with the sword!" She says madly.

"But dad said-" he cries.

"I do not care what you father said, its dangerous!" She pushes them both into their corners and they turn to face the wall. Lily trots out angry and they both sigh unhappily.

"This is all your fault, Lightfeather." She groans, flopping onto her back.

"My fault! Your the one who took my sword, Medical Attention!" He retorts, using her real name. She growls fiercely.

"Don't use my real name!" She cries, kicking her back-legs into the wall. He snorts and turns to peak at her.

"Medical Attention Medical Attention Medical Attention Medical Attention!" He repeats, and she angrily gets up to attack him.

"My name is ANGEL!" She screams as she clutches her hooves on his neck, making him cough and squirm a ton. Lily storms in and levitates Angel away, making her slide across the floor to the corner yet again.

"I thought I told you to NOT look at eachother." Lily snaps, stomping her hoof on the ground. They both squeal unhappily at the sound of their mothers harsh tone. They whisper sorry and then Angel yells.

"He kept using my real name, mum!" She screams.

"He yadda yadda yerdal real name mummy! MEDICAL. ATTENTION." He snorts. Angel whines again and Lily stomps her hooves again, but more violently.

"ENOUGH!" Lily yells, her voice echoing through the manor. They both cower before Lily's angry tone. "I'm sick of you two quarreling constantly, day and night! And Lightfeather, you don't use Angel's real name!"

"Well she surely isn't an angel for trying to kill me!" He retorts. Lily stares at him and he sighs. "Sorry, mum."

"Sorry, mum." Angel sighs, and sits back in her corner sadly.

"Its getting late you too. Go to bed. And Angel..." Lily trails off as Lightfeather runs off to go to bed.

"Yeah mum?" Angel says. She stares at Lily with beady eyes.

"If I find you brother dead in the morning, your dead too." Lily says, and she stomps off. The sound of servants calling Lily makes Lily yell again.

"Got it mum," she calls, and she gallops off to go to bed.

***

At sundown, Angel shifts in bed and gets up to go peek at the stars, and see if any shooting stars fly by her. She quietly goes past Lightfeather, who is in deep sleep already. Angel smiles at the sight of the winking stars and she sighs happily. Suddenly, she sees something rocket across the sky.

"I wish," Angel pauses and thinks, then says softly, "I wish when I am older, I will find a true love." Angel knew her wish was kind of silly and stupid, but when she saw how sometimes mum and dad had fought sometimes, she wanted somepony like dad, but one who would not quarrel with her so much.

Angel sighs as she trots back over to her bed and quickly falls asleep, enjoying the sound of rain tinkling against the balcony door.

***

Everything was so dark. Angel was flying; flying through a whirlwind of colors and patterns. Angel looks around when she notices she has wings. She flinches when gems shoot from behind her; about six of them. Each had a color, and each represented things.

A distant voice calls for her, and she looks around, her locket swinging side-to-side around her neck. The voice calls again.

"Angel.....The Gems.....they connect with you...your soul...there are 5 in existence, and when the 5 are.....are pr-r-esent the 6th g-g--g----gem will appear.....the empire will crumble....b------but do not t---e---ll anypony else, this is for you t---o only know...g---oood...luck....A---ngel.."

The voice fades away slowly, but Angel is confused, and she calls for it to come back. However, all she can hear is the sound of the wind spinning around in her ears.

Suddenly, a black hole appears in front of her, and she begins to cry out. She cries out for help, but nopony answers her. She hits through the black hole, and she cries loudly. But nopony can hear her.