• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 636 Views, 3 Comments

The Trials of Queendom: The Gems of Eternal Peace - The-Fiction-Master



A young filly must learn the trials of queendom to become the next queen.

  • ...
 3
 636

II.

II. - The Nightmare in Reality

She woke up from a terrible dream, only to encounter another one. But this one was different. She was actually in her room, standing clueless. The empire was really in crumble, and she takes a step outside. Everything was so dark and unwelcoming; the sky was a dark black, and lightning hit in the distance.

The area around her was torn to pieces; the housing had crumbled; dead ponies scatter around on the ground; some stuck under the collapsed pillars and some just dead. Rats scurried across the walls and spiders huddled in the corners of her room; every creature seeming afraid of outside.

But they weren't afraid of the outside; they were afraid of her. She had a black coat; it was no longer shiny and white. Her wings were tattered and feathers lay around her room. Spoiled blood tainted her face, her eyes a dark-red creme. Her tiny crown was just a fragment of crystals in a pile.

"Is this what I'll become if I don't save the empire?" She says out loud. Her voice was no longer soft but it sounded of snakes hissing together. The rodents in the castle scurry at her voice and she cries out, "Wait, please!"

They ignore her request and she stumbles around, feeling afraid. A voice fills her ears, making her feel even more afraid.

"This is what the empire will become. Do you want this?" It asks. Suddenly, the voice gains a body. The body was what she knew; a Draconequus.

"W-who are you...?" She asks, quickly getting up and stumbling back. He grins, bearing his fangs. She shudders at the look of his body.

"Me? Why, I'm Discord. I've been living here for thousands of years, and I can live for thousands more, y'know." He says.

"Why is your body...so odd?" She asks. She knew deep inside though, she felt very intrigued by the way he was made.

"I'm made out of an eagle, a lion, a deer, a goat, a lizard, and many other splendid creatures." He says, floating up above her. She tries to fly up, but she's too weak.

"Are you sure this is what will happen...Discord?" She asks softly.

"I know its going to happen if you don't think fast. There will be challenges along the way too; and I, will be one of them."

"W-what?! N-no..if you are...I have to defeat you now!" She howls, charging at him. He sneers and levitates her.

"Tsk tsk, such a stupid pony. And your going to be queen someday? Wow, I'd hate to live in your empire." He retorts.

"Shut up!" She yells. He grins at her, and she shudders again.

"Why don't you..?" He says. He covers his lion paw over her mouth and she struggles for air. After a few minutes, she stops breathing, and he blows her off into the distance like powder.

"Wake up, Angel!" He calls.

***

"H-huh? W-what?!" She says, quickly getting up from bed. She stretches to find Lightfeather right next to her bed.

"I said wake up! Its breakfast!" He yells into her ears, and she pushes him away.

"Stop that!" She cries, stretching again. He snorts and walks out the door, and she sneers at him.

She gets up from bed and she looks around the room; stretching her eyes. She sighs and scratches her sides to feel something feathery:

She had wings.

She panics but then gets excited. She was still just a filly, but she had gone into stage two; where she would gain her wings. She quickly runs through the halls calling,

"Mum! Dad! Mum! Dad!" She continues to gallop through the halls until she reaches the dining room. All the ponies in the castle stared at her, and Queen Lily face-hoofs herself.

"Mum! Dad! Your never going to believe it! I got my wings!" She unfolds her wings. They were quite tiny for her size; but that didn't bother her.

"Well done Sweetheart!" Her father, King Rupert says.

"Yes, well done!" Her mother says in a surprised tone.

Angel hops over to her seat next to Lightfeather and they begin to eat their breakfast. They enjoy the morning when Angel feels something brushing against her leg.

"Stop it Lightfeather," She whispers.

"Its not me! I swear!" He whispers back, continuing to eat a roll with some gravy.

Angel peers under the table to find a cute little dog brushing up against her leg. She smiles and picks him up with her hooves, and puts him on her lap. She smiles at his brownish features when she notice the dog start grinning.

"Whats with your dog?" Lightfeather asks curiously.

"Dunno, really." She says. The dog smiles even wider and his paw begins to rake down her leg. She cries out and everypony stares at her.

"Surprise." The dog says, as he transforms into a giant werewolf. Everypony gasps and begin to run when the castle walls seem to burst and explode.

"Theres an attack!" Rupert yells, sounding all the guards. The guard ponies come barreling in to find thousands of other evil guards charge in. But they don't charge for Rupert or Lily:

They charge for Angel.

Angel screams as she feels a wave of yells ring in her ears. Suddenly, something picks her up. Its Lance, the King and Queens personal body-guard. She yells for him to stop but all he says is,

"We can't go back. Not for your brother, you mother, or your father. I was ordered to save you if something like this ever happened: You are special, Angel. If you die, all the empire will-"

"I know! I know it will-" She stuffs her hoof into her mouth as he continues to gallop on. The voice, Discord, had told her never to tell anypony about her secret. Now look what she did.

"Huh? Well, that doesn't matter, we better-" A pillar holding the castle falls down, and Lance steers left quickly; he gallops through town, the peasants galloping around, terrorized by the evil guards. Lance begins to slow down when he notices a couple guards chasing after him. He sighs and pulls out a steel knife. He chucks it at a guard, but it bounces off the guards armor.

"Buck!" He yells, steering through the entrance of the kingdom. He continues to run until they reach the edge of the cliff. A pool beckons below for them to jump, but they were so high. Lance looks back to see the guards nearing them. He looks down, and at the guards.

"JUST JUMP!" Angel screeches. It startles Lance, and he jumps, Angel holding tightly onto him. The guards skid to a stop.

Kerrr--splash!

The guards shudder at how far down it is, and they back away from the edge, and quickly gallop back towards the castle.

***

Meanwhile, back at the castle, the guards surround the King and Queen, as well as a few lords and ladies and Lightfeather. They all laugh when a eerie click sounds in the air and they stop homing in.

A stallion comes trotting in, and he stomps his hooves on the ground, as to clap.

"Well done, Well done, my sister. You've been stupid once again." He says, his voice sounding like metal grinding up on a table.

"Ressy...I should have know it was you who did this!" Lily yells.

"But of course dear sister. I know you thought you banished me, but alas, I'm back. And I'm here to reclaim my throne, of course." He sneers.

"Never! You never will!" Rupert screams. Ressy chuckles and teleports to him. He brushes his hoof under his neck and with a slice of his iron claws on his hooves, Rupert's head falls to the ground, his limp body falling down to catch it. Lightfeather gasps for a moment, but then feels a longing deep inside him. He steps up to Ressy and bows.

"Lightfeather, at your service...Uncle." He chuckles.

"Lightfeather! No, Ressy is terrible! Get away from him now!" Lily yells. Her horn flickers to try and teleport him out but Ressy envelops him with a barrier.

"Mother, Uncle is perfect...he loves to spill blood...and I when I see it, I too, want to spill blood." Lightfeather says in a harsh tone.

"See Lily? Your son loves me...now where Is that retched daughter of yours? Demic, did you kill her already?" He asks.

"No sir, I didn't." Demic, the werewolf says.

"Buck, she must have escaped. No matter, she's probably dead, anyways." He says, grinning.

"You really can't do this, Ressy." Lily uses her magic again, and a invisible claw grits across his face. He howls and points to Lily.

"KILL HER!" The guards swarm in, and with one final scream, Lily's body fell to the ground, limp, just like Rupert's.