• Published 7th Dec 2020
  • 565 Views, 5 Comments

Will You Stay with Me? - CrimsonRose97

  • ...
7
 5
 565

Chapter One.

Two weeks earlier…

A blue car pulled up at a suburban house, in a neighborhood just outside of Canterlot, a young woman with pink skin, lilac hair tied up, wearing a dress suit, looked through the windshield and up at the house.

The woman sighed sadly before shutting the engine off, unbuckling the seatbelt before exiting the vehicle. Grabbing her purse and her badge, sticking it to her blouse before heading up to the house.

The woman got up to the front door. Taking a moment before she knocked on the door.

A very pregnant woman with snow white skin, short black hair in a sundress soon opened the door. "Hello." She greeted the woman. "You're Juju Bean, right?" She asked, rubbing her baby bump.

"Yes, I am… is Scarlet ready?" The social worker asked.

The pregnant lady frowned. "Not exactly...my husband is packing her things but…"

Juju Bean frowned as well. "She doesn't know, does she?"

The woman didn't say anything, which answered the social worker's question.

God damnit…

"Where is she then?" Juju Bean asked with a sigh.

"In the backyard."

The pregnant lady led Juju Bean inside the home. The home was relatively nice, decorated modernly. There were a few photos with the couple and a young child. A ten year old that had an aqua green skin, red eyes, her long hair had a gradient of a deep purple color that had transitioned to a deep crimson red. The pregnant lady led her to the glass sliding door.

Juju gazed outside and saw the girl in question.

Scarlet Rose was playing with a medium size dog outside. Grass staining her pink overalls and a black undershirt.

The girl giggled and laughed as the dog chased her playfully, going after the toy.

The dog quickly caught up with Scarlet, pouncing on her and brought her to the ground.

"Max!" Scarlet squealed, wrestling with the dog. Her fingers scratching his back. She looked so happy, not knowing what was about to unfold. "You're such a good boy! Ooh I love you!"

The dog gave her loving licks and barked happily. Tail wagging in joy.

The social worker turned to the mother-to-be. "Is there any way you can reconsider this? This is the fifth home she's being relocated from. She's really a good kid."

" We can't afford to take care of two children. The only reason we tried fostering is because we thought we weren't able to have kids of our own.." the woman said, rubbing her baby bump. "Believe me, I would love to have both kids but…"

Juju sighed, shaking her head. She really hated doing this part of the job. The little girl had been in five different foster homes since she was six weeks old, spending the majority of that time as the ward of the state.

It's not an easy thing.

"Scarlet, honey." The pregnant lady called her.

The girl sat up as she pet the dog and turned to face her. "Yes, mama?"

Oh boy...

Both Scarlet and Juju Bean frowned in sight of one another.

"Ms. Bean..." Scarlet muttered softly.

Juju Bean sighed, walking up to her slowly before stopping and kneeling down to the child's height.

"Hey, sweetpea. How are you doing?" The social worker asked.

Max nudged the child's hand for wanting to get petted, and she automatically complied to the animal's wants.

"I'm fine… what's going on?" Scarlet asked her before looking over to her foster mom.

" Scar… I'm really sorry, honey." The lady said, unable to look at her eyes.

That was all Scarlet needed to know.

" No!" She got up from the dog, rushing over to the woman and wrapped her arms around her. "Please don't send me away! Please mama please!" Scarlet cried, her head pressed against the belly.

" Scarlet, please don't make this harder."

" Mama, please, i-i'll do better. I'll clean my room, anything, just don't send me back!" Scarlet begged her.

She then saw her foster father, a rather large burly man with orange skin, brown eyes and messy brown hair, wearing a red flannel shirt and heavy looking jeans and boots. In his large hands was Scarlet's backpack.

The backpack was black with small extended fabric bat wings sticking out on either side.

"Daddy, please." Scarlet begged him too. Tears streaking down her face, her eyes were much more redden than usual.

"Sorry, kiddo." The man said. He wasn't so emotional about this as his wife, or he had a better hold on his emotions.

Juju Bean walked up to Scarlet, placing her hands on the girl's shoulder.

"Let's go, honey." Juju said softly, pulling her off of the woman.

"No, no please!" Scarlet screamed but was taken away.

Juju grabbed the backpack from the man. " Good day to you both." She said, her tone was sour to the two before taking the crying child away from yet another home.



****


The ride in the car was quiet, Scarlet is sitting in the backseat with a somber look on her face. The tears had stopped but it was understandable that she was still quite upset.

She watched the buildings pass them by as the car traveled through the city streets. Seeing kids and their parents out and about. Couldn't help but feel jealous.

Those kids have mommies and daddies. They have families, she doesn't.

Juju Bean looked at Scarlet from the rearview mirror. She sighed softly. "Honey, I'm sorry for this. I know it's hard, but don't you worry. We'll find you a home, next time will be different."

" You said that the last time… and the time before that, and before that." Scarlet said softly. Not looking back at the social worker.

" I know, I know." Juju said.

Scarlet waited for a moment before asking, "is there something wrong with me?"

Juju Bean pulled up at a stop sign, when she had a moment to stop the car, she turned around and looked at the little girl. "What makes you think of that?" She asked her.

" No one wants me around." She said, rubbing her eyes and sniffling. "I don't know what I did wrong."

"Hey, you did absolutely nothing wrong." Juju said, trying to console her. "I can't give you a reason why people are the way they are."

Juju does know why. Being a child social worker, she knows various reasons why…

And what hits her the most was the fact that the older Scarlet gets, the harder it gets for her to get adopted. Most couples prefer babies over the older children.

"But I do believe there is someone out there who would love to have someone as special as you into their family." Juju said before turning back around to continue to drive.

However, Scarlet was starting to believe there wasn't any. Ten years of living in the orphanage, having been shipped to different foster homes and returned like a person buying and returning something to a store.

Many years of being discarded away can take a toll on a kid. Scarlet wasn't one to hide her emotions on her face.

Juju soon drove to a nearby gas station, pulling up to pump 3.

She turns to Scarlet. "Hey, wanna come in, pick something out? Chips? Soda? Candy? Anything?" She suggested.

Scarlet silently shook her head as her response.

"You know what, I'll surprise you." Juju smiled, reaching over to grab the kid's hand.

Scarlet pulled her hand away and shoved it into her pockets.

Juju Bean sighed softly at her before getting out of the car. Making sure the AC was running. "I'll be back." She then closed the door and headed inside.

Scarlet sighed softly as she continued to look outside. She sees a mini van pulled into the station. She grimaced when she saw two children her age and parents getting out of the car.

The family looked so happy to be with one another, while she was alone.

Five families, five homes Scarlet was placed, no one kept her longer than several months. Her last home was the longest, nearly six months, she had believed truly those two would be her parents. She was scared that once the mom had gotten pregnant that she would be sent off again, but there wasn't any indication she saw of. She thought she would be a big sister, she even helped pick the colors for the baby's room.

Which would be the room Scarlet was using, now she thinks of it.

She growled softly to herself.


****


A couple of minutes later, Juju Bean came back out with a bit of everything Scarlet liked to eat to snack on and was going to pump the gas. She got to the car and gasped out loud. The sack of snacks dropped to the ground.

The backseat was empty. No batty backpack, no Scarlet.

"Oh my God!" Juju Bean screamed. "Scarlet?! Scarlet Rose?!?" She looked around the parking lot. "has anyone seen a little girl? Anyone?!"

She was in a panic, running to people who were in the lot if they seen anything. The manager of the store came out to the distraught woman, already phoning the police.

There was a missing child.


Now, in Equestria.


Trixie was still running through the castle. The unicorn was running out of options. She couldn't teleport long distances, not finding any solution for reversing her mess.

She didn't want to sit in a cell for the rest of her life for a simple mistake. Perhaps if she can reverse Spike, Princess Twilight would be so happy that she'll forgive the magician.

She just needed a moment where she's not being chased by the Princess herself and the royal guards.

She came to a long hallway of doors. Many doors for her to choose from to hide.

Trixie raced to every door down that hall, testing to see if anything would open. Each door she tried made her more frustrated due to it being locked shut.

Once she found one that was unlocked, she opened it up, rushed inside and closed it back shut. Locking it up and sighed.

"Finally, I can rest." She said, taking her hat off to wipe sweat from her brow.

She replaced the hat back on her head and quickly opened the satchel.

Inside was Spike's egg. It was a lighter purple color with dark purple swirls that mimic fire, and under the light it showed it had tiny green specks all over it. The egg was large, roughly the size of her head snuggled inside of the blue bag with yellow stars on the fabric.

She checked to see if the egg was damaged. To her relief it wasn't. "Phew, you're okay." She said. She closed the bag up and looked around the room.

And stiffened when she saw where she was at.

She was in Twilight's main study. The walls were lined with personal books, photos of her friends on various shelves, a white lounge seat and other comfy seats with a coffee table. A winding staircase up to a loft office.

And tucked in a corner was a strange contraption with a mirror displayed.

"Oh this is not good." Trixie gulped. "So not where I want to be." She turned back around to go outside. She stopped however when she heard more hoofsteps coming down the hall and slowly back away from the door.

"Okay, not going out." She gulped, clutching the bag.

She looked around in the office for a spot to hide, while trying to be as quiet as possible.

The problem was that the gravity of the bag was weighing Trixie down on the wooden style floors, causing them to creak with each step.

This was just not Trixie's day.

She walked past the mirror contraption and stopped.

"Hmm, this looks like the mirror portal Starlight mentioned. To another realm."

Trixie thought about it for a moment and came up with a perfect hiding spot.

Trixie looked for a way to activate this portal. It took her a few minutes to find out how to get it working.

Trixie took a few moments before rushing through the portal.

With no idea what will lie ahead of her or Spike.