• Published 20th Nov 2020
  • 359 Views, 4 Comments

22 Short Stories About SonTavia - TheOneAJ



22 short stories, of Sonata and Octavia living life

  • ...
3
 4
 359

Story V, Shadow Legends

“You’re kidding.” Octavia asked, sitting on the park bench with her new friend, Sonata Dusk, of the dazzling.

Now, she had actually seen Sonata and her sisters in action at the battle of the bands. To be fair, after everything she’d seen, it shouldn’t have been too crazy with whatever Sonata would tell of her past.

Well, believing it was one thing, hearing it was another.

“Well, I know it sounds crazy,” Sonata sheepishly smiled, “but yeah. Me and my sisters were evil seapony creatures of legends from another world who would hunt in the shadows and consume the negative energy or mortals.”

“Huh,” Octavia said, tapping her chin.

“That’s not going to be a turn off for this friendship, will it?” Sonata squeaked, head held low. Truthfully, not wanting to have mention it, but felt it was what little she owed Octavia if they were going to become friends.

Octavia opened her mouth and raised a finger, but thought better of it. Sonata had always rambled weird things in the short time they’ve know each other. Usually in the more comedic, and silly of ways that early failed to make her smile on her worse days. However, this was definitely not something laugh worthy. Still, Octavia thought, as she saw how scared her friend looked at being rejected, dispute how Sonata in turn would make her smile with these park visits.

“I... guess I can believe, and not be trouble by it.” Octavia sighed, but smiled.

Sonata raised an eyebrow. “You’re really going along with this?”

“Well,” Octavia then thought of something. “After all I’ve seen, it’s not that out there. Although, I have to ask; how did you get sent to our world to being with?”

Now, Sonata pulled at her shirt collar. “Well, we kind of couldn’t be defeated by the hero of our legend, so he just banished us to your world, where it happens that there’s no magic. So... Look, I know there’s no way I can prove it, and honestly, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Regardless of if you believed me or not.”

As Sonata crossed her legs and looked downwards. While she did so, she felt Octavia place a hand on her shoulder.

“You know what, I don’t care about that.” Octavia began. “Maybe you were a shadow demon in the past, but as for me, the only Sonata Dusk I know, is my friend, who can make me smile on even the hardest of days while dealing with my anxiety. The one who goes out of her way to make sure there’s a taco for me on Fridays. Is that the real Sonata?”

Sonata looked up slowly. “I mean... Well their are days I kind of miss that power. Then again, I probably had the most consciousness and hesitation at doing evil of the three of us. If only in a; who will we drain emotions from if everyone’s anger causes them all to kill everyone .” She cringed at that.

Octavia did as well.

“But!” Sonata quickly added, “I guess that worked out for me. Made me adapt to this world fastest than Aria and Adagio were able to... Anyways, as cheesy as it may sound, it got me to meet you. The best person I could have asked to be friends with.”

Beaming, Octavia said, “Always happy to help, Sonata. Just,” she booped her noise. “Thank you for sharing with me.”

Sonata blushed. “So... want to grab some lunch? My treat! Least I could do for throwing all of that at you.”

Octavia smirked. “I’d be happy too. Maybe we can try something non-Mexican for a change? Help you branch out. I’ll even chip in then for the trouble.”

Grinning, Sonata stood up and offered Octavia a hand. “Right this way then, my lady.”

Author's Note:

Written as a promot for the short time I tried joking the speed writers group; shadow legends.
Yeah I missed the mark on what shadow legends are, but yeah, till next time...

Don’t forget! You can help me by commenting/considering becoming a Kofi sponsor!
Either or is greatly appreciated 💜